Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 6th May 2011, 06:32   #481
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Letz Getz Started (Hyundai Getz CRDi)- UPDATE: 40000, new alloys, tires!!! (page

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Is there a differential somewhere that I am not aware of?
Yes you are!!

Quote:
I don't even flush the engine - even when I was suggested to for the change from mineral oil to fully synth.
Bad boy
Old 6th May 2011, 07:39   #482
BHPian

Default Re: The Yoko C.Drives, the Mobil Delvac 1, and My Rocket!!

Quote:

What product of STP did you use - the oil additive or the Diesel additive? I am against the use of both, though. I don't even flush the engine - even when I was suggested to for the change from mineral oil to fully synth.
I used the diesel additive with the entire bottle to be emptied in a tankfull of diesel. Any reports of harm caused to the engine due to usage of STP. If yes do share.
Old 7th May 2011, 05:33   #483
Senior - BHPian

Here's where I have come to this morning!
Letz Getz Started (Hyundai Getz CRDi)- UPDATE: 40000, new alloys, tires!!! (page 30)-07052011030.jpg

I usually capture every '000, but missed the 42k mark...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithunvvijayan View Post
I got hold of a used getz 23000 km driven 2009 march, 3 days ago.Company tyres (goodyear), all services done with the same dealer (checked the history).
Was thinking of installing a petes box. But heard from a few local car accessories dealers, that the engine life gets affected. There have also been cases of engine failures it seems.

is there any truth in it?? I love this car. have been looking around for a long time for a low mileage one. Any one??
Congrats on owning one of the few remaining rockets, Mithun - that too a barely used one! The reliability factor of a Pete's box is debatable, but am sure Prajesh (KPZen) would be the best to guide you - he has a dabba for 80k+ KM now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Yes you are!!

Bad boy
Looks like we have a topic for you-know-what!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amit_GetzCRDI09 View Post
I used the diesel additive with the entire bottle to be emptied in a tankfull of diesel. Any reports of harm caused to the engine due to usage of STP. If yes do share.
I remember reading that additives in general are not good for our rockets' heart, and even the so-called premium Diesels are a no-no too. I did not come across any negativity on using the STP stuff, but the million $$$ question - do you feel a difference - with a tankful with STP and then another without? Personally, I wont add additives; I would go with my regular Diesel from a trusted pump and the usual oil change - that's about it. Have being going strong until now, touchwood!
Old 7th May 2011, 23:20   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Here's where I have come to this morning!
Attachment 540951

I usually capture every '000, but missed the 42k mark...

Congrats on owning one of the few remaining rockets, Mithun - that too a barely used one! The reliability factor of a Pete's box is debatable, but am sure Prajesh (KPZen) would be the best to guide you - he has a dabba for 80k+ KM now!

Looks like we have a topic for you-know-what!!!

I remember reading that additives in general are not good for our rockets' heart, and even the so-called premium Diesels are a no-no too. I did not come across any negativity on using the STP stuff, but the million $$$ question - do you feel a difference - with a tankful with STP and then another without? Personally, I wont add additives; I would go with my regular Diesel from a trusted pump and the usual oil change - that's about it. Have being going strong until now, touchwood!
Thanx. well, I've planned to wait for further info before going for a petes. But I've decided to put a green cotton filter soon
Old 8th May 2011, 18:11   #485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithunvvijayan View Post
I've decided to put a green cotton filter soon
Be warned, the idle clatter of the engine may sound a tad higher. And be sure the filter is fitted properly - you may have to remove the fuse box on top of the battery to do this right.
Old 9th May 2011, 08:27   #486
Senior - BHPian

Default Power/ Torque graph

I have been looking for Power / Torque graph for the Getz / Verna CRDi for a while, and managed to find it but with a caveat - the power seems to max out at 101.xx BHP instead of the rated 110 BHP.

Source data from Pete's

Letz Getz Started (Hyundai Getz CRDi)- UPDATE: 40000, new alloys, tires!!! (page 30)-getzvernacrdigraph.jpg
Old 9th May 2011, 16:46   #487
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Letz Getz Started (Hyundai Getz CRDi)- UPDATE: 40000, new alloys, tires!!! (page

RPM dilemma is kinda over. Culprit is the Petes Dabba. Without Petes my car does 100kph @ 2100~2200 RPM.
Phoenix can sleep well now.

Just for reference, this is what my car does daily (almost) on expressway.
Name:  screenshot_000002.bmp
Views: 1303
Size:  600.1 KB

Last edited by kpzen : 9th May 2011 at 16:48.
kpzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2011, 17:51   #488
Senior - BHPian

@Prajesh: Not so soon - Jayanth has not even opened his bonnet to check all things loose. He just found his clutch slipping and realized it was his feet as well..
Old 9th May 2011, 18:05   #489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Prajesh: Not so soon - Jayanth has not even opened his bonnet to check all things loose. He just found his clutch slipping and realized it was his feet as well..
Thalais - this proves that my clutch is NOT slipping!!!
And Hyundais usually dont have problem with things getting lose - it is usually something else!
Old 9th May 2011, 18:12   #490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thalais - this proves that my clutch is NOT slipping!!!
And Hyundais usually dont have problem with things getting lose - it is usually something else!
I agree with you 100% having owned a Hyundai before!

BTW, why were you so restless for the past few days? Hope it makes you happy now!
Old 9th May 2011, 19:05   #491
Senior - BHPian

Jayanth, I could not test and post speed at various gears as i am in bangalore and my car is in hometown. I am traveling in auto rickshaw these days .
Seriously missing my car man.
I think my car does 100KMPH @ around 2000rpm and i have to maintain above 80KMPH in order to keep turbo running.
Old 9th May 2011, 22:43   #492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I agree with you 100% having owned a Hyundai before!

BTW, why were you so restless for the past few days? Hope it makes you happy now!
You have more experience in "maintaining" a Hyundai, you know
Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Jayanth, I could not test and post speed at various gears as i am in bangalore and my car is in hometown. I am traveling in auto rickshaw these days .
Seriously missing my car man.
I think my car does 100KMPH @ around 2000rpm and i have to maintain above 80KMPH in order to keep turbo running.
Whoa! Why didn't you drive down? Dont let the rocket stand idle for long, it might just take off on its own!!!
Old 9th May 2011, 22:59   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Be warned, the idle clatter of the engine may sound a tad higher. And be sure the filter is fitted properly - you may have to remove the fuse box on top of the battery to do this right.
doesn't matter for me. I'm looking for better performance that's all. I think increasing the airflow is preferable to tampering with the ECU, with a petes. I'm also looking for a cold air intake. disappointed that cosworth does not have a Hyundai one, thought it has for swift deisels and all.
Old 9th May 2011, 23:14   #494
BHPian

Default Re: Power/ Torque graph

Quote:
I have been looking for Power / Torque graph for the Getz / Verna CRDi for a while, and managed to find it but with a caveat - the power seems to max out at 101.xx BHP instead of the rated 110 BHP.

Source data from Pete's

Attachment 541819

I had seen it before. May be it is because of the quality of the fuel used. You can see that Getz diesel 1.5L is still sold internationally in two state of tunes 88/110 ps and 22/24 KGM ( International website ) Hope that Hyundai has not deliberately inflated the BHP figures.

But the i 20 is sold in a single state of tune 90 ps @ 4000 rpm. No threat in the near future.
Old 10th May 2011, 01:10   #495
Senior - BHPian

The only way I think we can have a decent CAI in the car is to cut the hood for a cowl - but there are a few challenges. Getting the plumbing right, making sure water is not sucked in when it rains, etc. Btw, the car does comes with a CAI, if you haven't noticed. The airfilter actually sucks in air from behind the intercooler / behind the right headlight (from front).

The Getz came here late, but I guess it will survive along with the i20 in one place of other for some time more, going by the way the Indian Accent has survived albeit in Petrol form. And no, the engine indeed comes in different states of tune, if the numbers are inflated by Hyundai, what do you say for the incredible power we experience?

The i20, I was told does not come in VGT form, but has a FGT variant called WGT? Not sure.

Last edited by ph03n!x : 10th May 2011 at 01:12.
Closed Thread