Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 20th July 2011, 11:15   #556
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Letz Getz Started (Hyundai Getz CRDi)- UPDATE: 40000, new alloys, tires!!! (page

I had enquired about Comet 700FF on shop4hella website and placed my contact info.
Next day i got a call from a dealer (opera house, mumbai) and he took my requirements and suggested Comet 450 (rectangular shape) which are driving lamps. Cost for a set is 4500 and i will have to get installation done.

Its good to have extra lights but some how i feel these rectangular shaped aux lights do not suit getz.
I am still confused whether to replace stock reflectors or get aux lights.

Any one can share pics of getz with aux lights? (except Undead's)
Old 22nd July 2011, 15:46   #557
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Letz Getz Started (Hyundai Getz CRDi)- UPDATE: 40000, new alloys, tires!!! (page

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
I had enquired about Comet 700FF on shop4hella website and placed my contact info.
Next day i got a call from a dealer (opera house, mumbai) and he took my requirements and suggested Comet 450 (rectangular shape) which are driving lamps. Cost for a set is 4500 and i will have to get installation done.

Its good to have extra lights but some how i feel these rectangular shaped aux lights do not suit getz.
I am still confused whether to replace stock reflectors or get aux lights.

Any one can share pics of getz with aux lights? (except Undead's)
Lol . dude. You still havent decided after you drove with my lights. Dont buy rectangular ones. Buy the comet 500FF , i am having those in my Elantra. Believe me, they dont blind oncoming people. You see , i told you that i focus the hella lighs as low as possible to the road , to give me clearance when oncoming vehicles blind my clearance. Also , its connected only to high beam as you would have remembered. Also that location is the one that looks better to the car from what i have seen on the other cars.
Let me tell you how i use it in my Elantra. When my elantra is fully loaded , the high beam focus goes to the sky and low beam becomes like high beam. So , i switch on the hella permanently and low beam HL's . When oncoming vehicles switch to low beam , i switch off the headlights alone , leaving only hella to focus on the road and never switch on high beam. It creates no problems for the other vehicles.
Also Hella costs cheaper than Getz headlights.
Old 22nd July 2011, 15:57   #558
Senior - BHPian

Undead,

Thanks for suggesting.
In my car, right side long beam is not working as the HL leveller is making hell lot of noise. So i cannot replace the right side headlight unit alone as it look odd - One white and other smoked

Online price for Comet500FF is around 5K and Rallye700FF is around 6K. Any idea about difference between these two?
Old 22nd July 2011, 17:45   #559
Distinguished - BHPian

@DJay99, 700FF is bigger. approximately 1" both ways (height & width).

Online prices are mentioned, but the shops themselves dont seem to have it in stock. When I have asked, they say no supply
Old 23rd July 2011, 12:47   #560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Undead,

Thanks for suggesting.
In my car, right side long beam is not working as the HL leveller is making hell lot of noise. So i cannot replace the right side headlight unit alone as it look odd - One white and other smoked

Online price for Comet500FF is around 5K and Rallye700FF is around 6K. Any idea about difference between these two?
Dont know why you cant find the comet 500FF in shops. I think i bought the 500FF less than 4.5K in the auto shops.
Old 26th July 2011, 18:23   #561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
Dont know why you cant find the comet 500FF in shops. I think i bought the 500FF less than 4.5K in the auto shops.
I checked with four retailers in Navi Mumbai. None of them have COmet 500FF. One agreed to source them provided i wait for five working days

A distributor located near Opera house area and he has ready stocks but quoting around 5.5K for a set without installation. I will have to get installation done separately.
Stock HL unit is looking bad. Planning to get right side unit replaced may be this weekend.
Old 1st August 2011, 11:35   #562
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday visited Sharayu Hyundai located in Turbhe and got both HL assembly replaced for 2650 (Per Unit). Old HL unit were looking very bad compared to new one's.
Now planning to get either philips extreme vision or osram NB plus as i am feeling stock headlights are not powerful enough for highway driving. Any suggestions?

My experience with sharayu hyundai is terrible. First of all they took over an hour to assign a mechanic. Next they quoted wrong price (3943 per piece) for HL assembly.
Again they tried to charge me for 2 brake lamp bulbs while they had replaced only one.
Old 17th August 2011, 10:00   #563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdrive View Post
@kpzen : Please post the pic without Pete's. Just for mental peace...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
I second that - Prajesh, peace, Peace, PEACE
Here it is, without petes
Letz Getz Started (Hyundai Getz CRDi)- UPDATE: 40000, new alloys, tires!!! (page 30)-img106.jpg
Old 17th August 2011, 16:02   #564
BHPian

@kpzen - this is unbelievable. I have tried it many times after the discussion in forum, but it is always 90 kmph @ 2000 RPM. Hmmm... may be speedo error .
Old 22nd September 2011, 12:18   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdrive View Post
@kpzen - this is unbelievable. I have tried it many times after the discussion in forum, but it is always 90 kmph @ 2000 RPM. Hmmm... may be speedo error .
Hey..there is nothing to worry about. My vehicle also does only 90kms at 2000 rpm. I guess its because, my vehicle has original goodyear tyre with 14 inch rims. My vehicle has done only 28k and is due for tyre replacement.

Generally, the end to end diameter of the original tyre for getz diesel is lower than the newer hyundai cars such as i 20. Though 14 inchs, the i 20 tyres have higher profile. And as KP zens car has done more than 80 K, it must be running a higher profile tyre, or bigger rim size or both. This increases the circumference of the tyre as speed is directly proportional to the diameter of the tyre or the circumference( std physics).

But this also decreases the effective torque the axle can induce to the ground, even if the engine torque is the same. So you get higher speeds at lower rpms at the cost of torque or driving ease. This also increases the turbo lag because the turbo kicks in at higher speeds.

So my opinion is to stick to the stock tyre specifications. If we go for bigger rims, the profile of the tyre should be lower, so that the diameter can be maintained.
And I don't see any advantage in increasing the top speed, with sucha stupid braking system. I drove my car at 170 kmh and couldn't brake properly and rammed an auto. So pls don't go for higher top speeds.
Old 23rd September 2011, 20:41   #566
BHPian

Mithun - My car also runs on stock GPS2. But recently while doing 140 kmph on Thrissur - Kochi four line, the steering vibrations were disturbing which were never felt before even at 160 kmph. The guy at wheel balancing station told there is some problem with the tyre ( or Tyres ..? I don't know.).
Though not great for speeds above 120 kmph, can't find a reason to blame stock tyres during normal driving.
Old 25th September 2011, 12:16   #567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithunvvijayan View Post
Hey..there is nothing to worry about. My vehicle also does only 90kms at 2000 rpm. I guess its because, my vehicle has original goodyear tyre with 14 inch rims. My vehicle has done only 28k and is due for tyre replacement.

Generally, the end to end diameter of the original tyre for getz diesel is lower than the newer hyundai cars such as i 20. Though 14 inchs, the i 20 tyres have higher profile. And as KP zens car has done more than 80 K, it must be running a higher profile tyre, or bigger rim size or both. This increases the circumference of the tyre as speed is directly proportional to the diameter of the tyre or the circumference( std physics).

But this also decreases the effective torque the axle can induce to the ground, even if the engine torque is the same. So you get higher speeds at lower rpms at the cost of torque or driving ease. This also increases the turbo lag because the turbo kicks in at higher speeds.

So my opinion is to stick to the stock tyre specifications. If we go for bigger rims, the profile of the tyre should be lower, so that the diameter can be maintained.
And I don't see any advantage in increasing the top speed, with sucha stupid braking system. I drove my car at 170 kmh and couldn't brake properly and rammed an auto. So pls don't go for higher top speeds.
Mithun,

Sorry to hear about the accident. Hope everything is fine.

Running this little monster on those rubbish tube type stock Goodyears is plain suicidal.
Trust me, having driven with those for 200kms before upgrading to 185/65 and i know how scary they were.
Upgrade and you will realize how the dynamics of the car changes. The so called stupid braking system will feel a lot better.

Would like to clarify a few things :
My car is running on 185/65-14 and your car (stock car) is running on 175/65-14 GPS goodyears.
Profile(65) is same but my tire has more width, hence, higher circumference and more sidewall.
So ideally, my car's speedo should under read in comparison to yours.

Note : I haven't upsized, only upgraded my tires. The rim size is stock i.e 14"

Cheers

Last edited by kpzen : 25th September 2011 at 12:19.
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2011, 12:24   #568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Mithun,

Sorry to hear about the accident. Hope everything is fine.

Running this little monster on those rubbish tube type stock Goodyears is plain suicidal.
Trust me, having driven with those for 200kms before upgrading to 185/65 and i know how scary they were.
Upgrade and you will realize how the dynamics of the car changes. The so called stupid braking system will feel a lot better.

My car is running on 185/65-14 and your car (stock car) is running on 175/65-14 GPS goodyears.
Profile(65) is same but my tire has more width, hence, higher circumference and more sidewall.

Note : I haven't upsized, only upgraded my tires. The rim size is stock i.e 14"

Cheers

Hi kp zen, The cars fine, so are me and my wife( who also happened to travell with me. The auto was totalled, but my car's damage was considerably less. I do not wish to elaborate on the damage though. But amazingly, I did not have to replace a single mechanical component except a head light, and a wiper tank. I have come to really appreciate the build quality of Hyundai cars.
And as you had mentioned your circumference is larger due to higher profile, though the rim size is same, which is precisely my point. Your car has to go at higher speed at the same RPM compared to my car. I don't understand, why you said your speedo should under read mine.
Old 9th November 2011, 22:09   #569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
As we are talking of Speedo and RPM correlation the tyre size should not matter. Tyre size would only matter when we are talking of actual speed and reported speed (and actual and reported distance).

P.S: My Verna also does 90K at 2000 RPM
Old 17th November 2011, 23:27   #570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
As we are talking of Speedo and RPM correlation the tyre size should not matter. Tyre size would only matter when we are talking of actual speed and reported speed (and actual and reported distance).

P.S: My Verna also does 90K at 2000 RPM
Any ways I changed my Good year stock tyres (175/65/14) to Michellin (185/60/14). I compared the tyre diameter of the original to the new and found out to be the same. I also got a Samsung mobile phone free .
Closed Thread