Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2009, 07:38   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
headers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greater Chennai
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 454 Times
Default

Hi MC, just booked my storm..finally - anything specific to ask the dealer before taking delivery??

Cheers
headers is offline  
Old 10th August 2009, 07:45   #32
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,992
Thanked: 356 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Hi MC, just booked my storm..finally - anything specific to ask the dealer before taking delivery??

Cheers
Congrats, Vikram!!!
Colour?
Discount ?

Oh Yeah, make sure you get Bridgestone Duelers H/T and not Appollo's. Will improve your handling immensely
MileCruncher is offline  
Old 10th August 2009, 10:14   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
headers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greater Chennai
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 454 Times
Default

thanks:

color : white
discount: well i'm asking the guy to install scorpio front seats as well as make the rear seats foldable..will have to push through..
headers is offline  
Old 10th August 2009, 20:34   #34
BHPian
 
MudMover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 235
Thanked: 42 Times
Default

Congrats Headers! What a coincidence! Even I was recently thinking of having the Scorpio seats put in. I eagerly look forward to a lot of pics of the seats once you've fit them and details too. Changing the seats is a very-very smart move. Believe me. And while you're at it can you try and have them change the audio system in your VLX to the one they have in the SLX? The audio system in the SLX comes with SD card compatibility, neat thing to have.
MudMover is offline  
Old 10th August 2009, 20:40   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
headers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greater Chennai
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 454 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudMover View Post
Congrats Headers! What a coincidence! Even I was recently thinking of having the Scorpio seats put in. I eagerly look forward to a lot of pics of the seats once you've fit them and details too. Changing the seats is a very-very smart move. Believe me. And while you're at it can you try and have them change the audio system in your VLX to the one they have in the SLX? The audio system in the SLX comes with SD card compatibility, neat thing to have.

Hey MM, these guys are complaining that its not possible - well A better reason for me to install the scorp seats.. BTW- Will try on the Audio system bit too.

any other pointers?

cheers
headers is offline  
Old 10th August 2009, 20:58   #36
BHPian
 
MudMover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 235
Thanked: 42 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
these guys are complaining that its not possible - any other pointers?
If they can't give you the big things, pester/haggle with them for the small things:

- Rubber mats
- Fog lamps
- Change of the central locking system (if applicable/possible) - BEWARE! the current one with the silent lock facility is tricky. I've left it open a number of times .

Hmmm.. I wonder if I'm asking for too much above. But I think the Storm is nothing more than a stepchild for M&M vis-a-vis the Scorpio so M&M should be eager to get rid of their stocks of Storm. Consequently maybe your dealer will relent and let you have all the goodies you ask for just so that he can sell another storm.
MudMover is offline  
Old 10th August 2009, 21:47   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,992
Thanked: 356 Times
Default

I'm presently in contact with Head -CRM , Arif Rizwy and Sr Brand Manager - Apurva Jani who is reponsible for the Bolero for my Leh Trip. Have already apprised them especially with teh Music System and few other bits and bobs. You can touch base with them directly and I'm sure they will relent.

Cheers
MileCruncher is offline  
Old 19th August 2009, 17:00   #38
BHPian
 
MudMover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 235
Thanked: 42 Times
Default

Got my Storm back today after the 15K service. I must say that of all the service visits thus far, this one's the best since the vehicle actually feels as if it has been serviced. SKS auto on B'tta road does know it's stuff but the only thing wrong with the joint is that they're always short of spares. Anyway, the usual 3rd free service would've come to around Rs.386, mine cost Rs.1706 since I asked for an engine oil change. A couple of folks had suggested that I change engine oil every 5K or switch to synthetic oil, but I felt those were pretty extravagant options. Am planning to stick to a 10K oil change schedule.

Equipment Malfunctions so far (apart from those mentioned in previous posts):

1.Left side marker lamp dislocation.
2.Loose washer strips in the bonnet - they keep falling off, causing the bonnet to rattle or jam. Want to change them, but since washers all over the vehicle are also peeling off I think I'll change them all together.

Maintainence Costs so far:
1. Carried forward from previous posts = Rs.4425
2. Side marker lamp change = Rs.152
3. 3rd Free Service = Rs.386 (normal) + Rs.1320 (engine oil change - optional) = Rs.1706
Total = Rs.6283

Last edited by MudMover : 19th August 2009 at 17:04.
MudMover is offline  
Old 19th August 2009, 17:16   #39
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,992
Thanked: 356 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudMover View Post
Got my Storm back today after the 15K service. I must say that of all the service visits thus far, this one's the best since the vehicle actually feels as if it has been serviced. SKS auto on B'tta road does know it's stuff but the only thing wrong with the joint is that they're always short of spares. Anyway, the usual 3rd free service would've come to around Rs.386, mine cost Rs.1706 since I asked for an engine oil change. A couple of folks had suggested that I change engine oil every 5K or switch to synthetic oil, but I felt those were pretty extravagant options. Am planning to stick to a 10K oil change schedule.

Equipment Malfunctions so far (apart from those mentioned in previous posts):

1.Left side marker lamp dislocation.
2.Loose washer strips in the bonnet - they keep falling off, causing the bonnet to rattle or jam. Want to change them, but since washers all over the vehicle are also peeling off I think I'll change them all together.

Maintainence Costs so far:
1. Carried forward from previous posts = Rs.4425
2. Side marker lamp change = Rs.152
3. 3rd Free Service = Rs.386 (normal) + Rs.1320 (engine oil change - optional) = Rs.1706
Total = Rs.6283
Hey MM,

I see that you have got through your third service, but don't see that you have changed the Diesel Filter. The change interval for that is 15k KMs with the first change given at 5k KM.

On the oil front, I was told by MM service folks that the Mahindra Maximile that is prescribed is actually a semi-synthetic oil hence duration of 15 k/1 Year is easily possible.

Cheers
MileCruncher is offline  
Old 19th August 2009, 18:33   #40
BHPian
 
MudMover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 235
Thanked: 42 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I see that you have got through your third service, but don't see that you have changed the Diesel Filter. The change interval for that is 15k KMs with the first change given at 5k KM.
Hey! they've changed that too. I just didn't mention it specifically that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
On the oil front, I was told by MM service folks that the Mahindra Maximile that is prescribed is actually a semi-synthetic oil hence duration of 15 k/1 Year is easily possible.
I totally agree. But it's just that every weekend my life depends on this engine and so I want to make sure it's pampered. Another thing - the engine oil they've put in today is shown on the bill as "15K Supreme".


Also , how's the progress with the roof carrier/tent fitment? I saw a bolero in a parking lot today with it attached. I'll try and put the pics today, chances are that some of the bolero owners in B'lore know that guy -- it's a pretty unique looking camoflaged bolero! Maybe he'll be able to tell you where he bought it from.
MudMover is offline  
Old 19th August 2009, 18:42   #41
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,992
Thanked: 356 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudMover View Post
Also , how's the progress with the roof carrier/tent fitment? I saw a bolero in a parking lot today with it attached. I'll try and put the pics today, chances are that some of the bolero owners in B'lore know that guy -- it's a pretty unique looking camoflaged bolero! Maybe he'll be able to tell you where he bought it from.
Am not fitting the carrier but if something like the tent is available, I would be interested.
MileCruncher is offline  
Old 20th August 2009, 14:49   #42
BHPian
 
MudMover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 235
Thanked: 42 Times
Default Recurring pain points

Name:  DSCF4452.JPG
Views: 1816
Size:  30.4 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudMover View Post
Loose washer strips in the bonnet - they keep falling off, causing the bonnet to rattle or jam. Want to change them, but since washers all over the vehicle are also peeling off I think I'll change them all together.
Name:  DSCF4460.JPG
Views: 2303
Size:  50.5 KB

I feel the "Fangs" (highlighted with red arrows) are a totally unnecessary contraption unless they have been put there to increase the aerodynamics of the vehicle to enable it to pierce the sound barrier! These are invariably the first casualty when the vehicle has to move through a rough patch - e.g. the muddy track near our estate. And an equally useless addition is the plastic fitment on the fangs (highighted with green arrow) which just needs an excuse to come off.

Last edited by MudMover : 20th August 2009 at 14:51.
MudMover is offline  
Old 20th August 2009, 15:31   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,992
Thanked: 356 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudMover View Post
Attachment 177587



Attachment 177588

I feel the "Fangs" (highlighted with red arrows) are a totally unnecessary contraption unless they have been put there to increase the aerodynamics of the vehicle to enable it to pierce the sound barrier! These are invariably the first casualty when the vehicle has to move through a rough patch - e.g. the muddy track near our estate. And an equally useless addition is the plastic fitment on the fangs (highighted with green arrow) which just needs an excuse to come off.
The plastic fangs in mine have also come off.
MileCruncher is offline  
Old 21st August 2009, 19:32   #44
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NH209
Posts: 1,607
Thanked: 700 Times
Default

Those fangs are actually to stop the splash of water on the windscreen, when you enter a pool of water.
This was a problem with previous boleros.
ramzsys is offline  
Old 21st August 2009, 21:31   #45
BHPian
 
rockyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 253
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Nope - that problem is still there

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Those fangs are actually to stop the splash of water on the windscreen, when you enter a pool of water.
This was a problem with previous boleros.
rockyb is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bolero VLX Crde (Storm) - long term report rockyb Long-Term Ownership Reviews 46 20th September 2013 14:38
Bolero SLX DI turbo or VLX Crde? EDIT : Booked Scorpio! akshay4587 SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 79 27th July 2010 22:58
Scorpio Vlx or Bolero Vlx vraghuz SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 22 6th July 2010 22:39
Bolero VLX CRDe 2010 - blanc pour la paix (White For Peace) blackhawk100 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 16 31st May 2010 17:47
Bolero VLX CRDe - First Impression rockyb Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 213 21st September 2009 22:53


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:12.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks