Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 14th July 2011, 14:03   #256
BHPian

Default re: Fiat Grande Punto Multijet 1.3 *UPDATE* 40K Completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
This noise can be heard when the steering wheel is turned, irrespective of whether the car is in motion or not.
Hmmm! Now I got this worked out. Even I could hear a slight grinding noise on turning the steering wheel. I was thinking that some kind of noise was present even while the car was stationary and without doing anything.

Quote:
On the 11th, I received a response from Nitin who praised Oberoi and felt that they may have the parts. I was desperate and even though Noida was far, I was willing to give it a shot. Thanks Nitin, I owe you one

Overall, I'm very impressed by Oberoi. They seem keen and dedicated and even though Elegant probably has more technical knowledge, Oberoi looks so much more like a fancy service station. They do their job well and the staff is friendly and clearly enjoy their work. I had a wonderful time and I recommend all NCR owners to give Oberoi a shot.

Thankyou!
Glad to be of help dude! Good that you liked the setup at Oberoi. I've paid them a single visit a few weeks back for a small paint job and was impressed by their setup. But folks I know have been happy going there for some time now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
Where in Noida is the Oberoi's workshop?
Its behind the Indian Oil building in Sector 1. Right next to Rohan Motors (Maruti Suzuki) Body Shop.
nkapoor777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2011, 14:28   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
Hmmm! Now I got this worked out. Even I could hear a slight grinding noise on turning the steering wheel. I was thinking that some kind of noise was present even while the car was stationary and without doing anything.

Glad to be of help dude! Good that you liked the setup at Oberoi. I've paid them a single visit a few weeks back for a small paint job and was impressed by their setup. But folks I know have been happy going there for some time now.

They're truly exceptional. I will pay them a visit again for some body work I need to get done. Thanks again.

Its behind the Indian Oil building in Sector 1. Right next to Rohan Motors (Maruti Suzuki) Body Shop.
Take a left from sector 16 metro station, then a right from the sector 15 station. Proceed down the road, you'll have Mahindra and Ford to your left and right. Turn right from the redlight.
sukrit7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2011, 18:51   #258
BHPian

Anybody having any service experience with Him Motors, Patparganj Or Raghuwanshi Motors, Dilshad Garden in East Delhi?
Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2011, 19:22   #259
BHPian

Him motors
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...xperience.html (HIM Motors, Peera Garhi, Delhi: Disgusting Experience)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ors-delhi.html (Feedback Required about HIM Motors Delhi)
Old 25th July 2011, 11:22   #260
BHPian

Has anybody replaced the fuel tank cover (the round metal part in body color) for the Punto before? I had parked my car outside on the road for about 20 days earlier this month and after that my brother in law was using the car for a week. Yesterday, when I opened the fuel tank cover to top up fuel, I was shocked to see the body colored lid just dropping off. It was held by the black tag to the fuel lid cover.

I suspect, either somebody had fiddled with it when my car was parked outside or maybe my brother in law opened the fuel lid by mistake instead of boot and did not close the fuel lid which could have been broken even by a passerby. There was no fuel stolen from vehicle. Hence I think it should have been caused by the second reason. I can still place the lid and lock it.

I am driving to Concorde motors, Mysore road this weekend to get it fixed. Just wanted to know if anybody else in the forum had replaced the cover before.
gopikb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2011, 11:28   #261
BHPian

Default Blue & Me dies

One morning, the Blue and Me unit mysteriously died in my car. I noticed a flashing odometer, a non working USB port and steering mounted blue and me buttons not working. A visit to Oberoi confirmed the unit had died and a new one would set me back by 12k as this part is not covered under extended warranty.

All of this was more than a month ago. I lodged a complaint with FIAT India asking for a replacement as the car was just out of warranty. I personally feel a part like this should not fail. A week later I wrote to FIAT India via there grievance box and another week later, I personally spoke to Mr. Mangesh and a few days later sent him a mail. Over a month later, I have received no response from the company. I am pretty disappointed with the treatment they mete out.

I was wondering if any of you have had the same problem and if the problem can be fixed outside A.S.S ? Anything?
Old 6th September 2011, 01:51   #262
BHPian

Thats a bad one! I don't think I've come across anyone who got the Blue&Me repaired outside ASC. Totally clueless here - but let me check up as to why this is not covered under Extended warranty.
Old 16th October 2011, 16:43   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Thats a bad one! I don't think I've come across anyone who got the Blue&Me repaired outside ASC. Totally clueless here - but let me check up as to why this is not covered under Extended warranty.
I missed your post somehow. I too have no idea why it isn't covered under extended warranty but that's what I was told.

Odo at 43k and there's one thing i'm definitely sure about. FIAT engines only get better with age. My car pulls brilliantly now, many times better than a friend's car. How many kilometers does it take for an engine to perform at an optimum level? Because i'm sure my car's performing better than it did when it had covered 20k.

I'm still amazed by how well this car handles. My tyres have little life left but the way this car handles,stops and rides is outstanding. It's simply unmatched.

I'm also happy to report that Oberoi Motors is a great service station. It's far no doubt but they're committed and do the job well, even though it can take some time. Atleast i'm done with A.S.S worries.

A couple of things irritate me and i'd love to know possible solutions.

1. Clutch travel is a pain in the neck. Any adjustments possible?
2. When i'm starting the car, I get the 'airbag failure, refer to owner's handbook' message. This happens every one out of ten or fifteen times. Yesterday, I also noticed a creaking sound from the steering wheel. Wiring was checked and there was no error code so this issue needs to be sorted out. Any pointers?

Thanks for reading.
sukrit7 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2011, 16:51   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7

2. When i'm starting the car, I get the 'airbag failure, refer to owner's handbook' message. This happens every one out of ten or fifteen times. Yesterday, I also noticed a creaking sound from the steering wheel.
Airbag failure could be due to weak battery and the steering wheel sound could be due to worn out elastic pad.

Last edited by nkg77 : 16th October 2011 at 16:52.
nkg77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2011, 17:27   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkg77 View Post
Airbag failure could be due to weak battery and the steering wheel sound could be due to worn out elastic pad.
The battery isn't weak and the steering wheel sound is from the column itself, not from the suspension.
Old 2nd April 2012, 11:20   #266
BHPian

Default Long due update. Upto 53k kms.

Over the last year, a few major issues were witnessed in the Punto.

Blue&Me
The first issue was related to the Blue&Me hardware unit in the glovebox. On one fine sunny morning, I noticed my odometer flashing, the call and windows logo button on the steering wheel were unresponsive and obviously, I neither had USB functionality nor bluetooth connectivity.
Google search revealed a possible glitch in the system which normally sorts itself out if the ECU is reset. I tried that but it didn't work.

I was certain extended warranty would save the day and so I drove down to Oberoi cars where I was told the unit is dead and is not receiving any power from the car. The wiring was determined to be fine and it was the big black box that had failed.
Unfortunately, the unit was not covered under warranty and a new one would cost 12k. A ridiculous amount, if you ask me.
There was one more problem: the flashing odometer.
Oberoi tried everything but it just wouldn't stop flashing and then when it finally did return to normalcy, it was because a different car's blue&me unit was temporarily fixed to check the problem.

I wrote a set of lengthy emails to FIAT complaining about the problem and finally, months later, FIAT offered me a 50% reduction on the device. It would now cost me 6k instead. I plan to get this done when I next visit Oberoi.

I also tried getting the device fixed at Khan market but despite their best efforts, no one could get that thing to work.

'Air Bag Failure...'
This message haunted me for weeks everyday until I was told it's a battery related issue. Once I switched to Amaron, I never saw it again.

Sound from steering column
This was finally diagnosed as a faulty combination switch and the part took its own sweet time arriving. A good long two months if I remember correctly.

Tyres
At 44,000 Kms, the GT3's were making a lot of noise and the car was getting rather uncomfortable to drive. Tons of research yielded in the Yokohama AVS db v550.
Honestly, it felt like a different car.
Unlike the GT3, the V550 is a very silent tyre and makes for a very very comfortable and plush ride. The tyres offer good grip in both dry and wet conditions and provide just the right level of feedback. The v550's seem rather sturdy and potholes/broken roads give no reason to complain.
The punto's cornering and braking ability is certainly bettered by these tyres. You don't realize how awful the GT3's were until you switch over.

45k Service
The car went in with no major issues except a non functional rear right door lock and the need for a new metallic clutch slave kit. Both issues were attended to but the car came back with a non fucntional rear right power window switch
Nevertheless,the service was performed well and i'd rate them 8/10.

Minor accident
Long story where a tempo driver was majorly at fault. Result- Thick scratch across the left rear door.
I braked at the noise. Result- A slight hit to the rear bumper from an auto behind.
Need to get these fixed.

Gear shift problem
The odometer is currently at 53k and for the last week, i've been having great difficulty shifting gears. Sometimes there's no problem and at other times, it's like i'm driving a bus. First and reverse are worse than the others with the latter making a horrible grinding noise when I try to engage.
What could be the issue?

Thanks.

Last edited by sukrit7 : 2nd April 2012 at 11:23.
Old 2nd April 2012, 12:01   #267
BHPian

Default Re: Fiat Grande Punto Multijet 1.3 *UPDATE* 40K Completed

My two paisa:

1. Blue&Me - It should have been done under extended warranty IMHO.
2. Airbag failure - known issue; cause - battery kaput
3. Steering combi switch - did this get done under warranty?
4. Tyres - Sensible decision; I too switched over to Michelin Primary LC's at 46k after suffering a damaged sidewall on one (spare was anyway useless since it was patched up for emergency use); otherwise tyres were due for replacement at 50k.
5. 45k service - we can live with that :-)
6. Sad to hear about the accident. Get the beauty back in shape.
7. Gear shift problem - I suspect the clutch - get the pressure plate checked!! An expense of 7-8k beckons.
Old 2nd April 2012, 12:36   #268
BHPian

Default Re: Long due update. Upto 53k kms.

Quote:
Gear shift problem
The odometer is currently at 53k and for the last week, i've been having great difficulty shifting gears. Sometimes there's no problem and at other times, it's like i'm driving a bus. First and reverse are worse than the others with the latter making a horrible grinding noise when I try to engage.
What could be the issue?
Thanks.
Dear Sukrit

I am also facing above issue but in a different manner. Basically when ever The car is in motion and usually occurs while shifting from 2nd to 3 rd gear. My car is nearing just 8K. Second service is due shortly and will get it checked than. Request you Kindly update as and when they diagnose your;s problem with the resolution.

request you to kindly post some pics of the car. I hope she is ageing gracefully.
.sushilkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 13:48   #269
BHPian

Default Re: Long due update. Upto 53k kms.

Quote:
My two paisa:

1. Blue&Me - It should have been done under extended warranty IMHO.
It really should have. Unfortunately, the extended warranty booklet clearly mentions the music system as a non covered item.
3. Steering combi switch - did this get done under warranty?
yes.

6. Sad to hear about the accident. Get the beauty back in shape.
this week. definitely.
7. Gear shift problem - I suspect the clutch - get the pressure plate checked!! An expense of 7-8k beckons.
I'm hoping it isn't the pressure plate. It shouldn't be considering the car's done only 53k kms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Dear Sukrit

I am also facing above issue but in a different manner. Basically when ever The car is in motion and usually occurs while shifting from 2nd to 3 rd gear. My car is nearing just 8K. Second service is due shortly and will get it checked than. Request you Kindly update as and when they diagnose your;s problem with the resolution.

request you to kindly post some pics of the car. I hope she is ageing gracefully.
Taking the car in tomorrow. Will update then.
I don't think you should wait for second service considering that's still 7k kms away. better to get this checked as soon as possible.

The gear box problem is getting worse by the day. Strangely, it slots perfectly if the engine is off. what does this mean?
Old 17th April 2012, 20:25   #270
BHPian

Default Disappointing experience with Oberoi Cars, Noida

Giving the car to Oberoi Cars was a terrible decision. I'd always been happy with there mechanical abilities and so decided to give their body shop a try too.

The job was simple. Expected delivery date was 14th April.

1. Replace clutch (pressure and clutch plate, release bearing). Along with this,gear oil and the C mounting would be replaced.
2. Replace left ovrm(glass only)
3. Replace rear wiper arm
4. Fix rear right power window
5. Paint the rear left door and panel. (insurance claim)
6. Paint the front and rear bumper.

On the 16th, I was finally told I could collect my car anytime after 3pm. I was there at 3.30pm only to find the front bumper missing and the front number plate broken. The bumper had JUST gone in for paint and it was eventually(after a lot of argument) decided that my driver would collect the car the next day. I instructed them to ensure the car was clean, which it wasn't currently and do a thorough rubbing/polishing.

I left Oberoi at 6 after ensuring tasks 1,2,3 and 4 were complete. Full credit to Oberoi here. They seem to have done a good job. I was charged 11k for all mechanical work.

At 10am today, I was told I could send my driver after 3. The car was ready, a new number plate had been fixed and all other jobs had been performed, I was told. My driver called me at 4pm to tell me that the car was exactly where it was parked yesterday and in the same condition. No bumper, no number plate, no cleaning. Nothing had changed.
I called the body shop supervisor again and he assured me the car would be ready by 4.30pm. At 7.30pm, when everything finally seemed complete, I received another phone call from my driver telling me there were white stains extending from the top of the bonnet to the headlight. No amount of rubbing or polishing could get rid of them.

The car has now been left at Oberoi and they've assured me they will repaint the bonnet. What do you guys recommend? Should I take a letter from them stating that they damaged the bonnet and had to repaint it? I don't want a prospective buyer(though i'm not planning to sell anytime soon) to feel the car's been involved in any accident. I'm also rather annoyed at having parts repainted due to their carelessness. I'm hoping it's close to factory finish at least.

My advise- Visit Oberoi cars for mechanical work only. There body shop is clearly terrible. I'm certain I haven't received a single phone call from them. Every single conversation has been initiated by me. The only thing I expect is that they call and inform me about delays but clearly they don't believe our time is valuable.

Last edited by sukrit7 : 17th April 2012 at 20:26.