Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 23rd August 2009, 00:50   #61
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for posting the ownership experience. The pictures are amazing. I know you must be having very valid reasons to let that beauty go.

Pajero was my fantasy when I was a kid. So it will always be very special to me.

I was wondering how you big is your parking space to accomodate a Pajero, i20 and Spark.

I like your honesty and willingness for friendly debate that is apparent in your posts, especially the engine oil thread.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 23rd August 2009 at 00:52.
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 15:44   #62
Senior - BHPian

@PW- The parking space is big enough for three cars, not four! Which is my current problem, because, as I had suspected it would, the Pajero deal fell through, and the Gypsy is on its way to Pune. Which leaves me in a bit of a jam.
So while I solve that one, I will probably lend the i 20 to someone in the family to use. Who has their own house!

Last edited by Sawyer : 2nd September 2009 at 16:00.
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2009, 23:24   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
So while I solve that one, I will probably lend the i 20 to someone in the family to use. Who has their own house!
As you might be aware, I need one I'm sure we can work something out.. hehe !! I'm part of your Team-BHP family. Does that help?
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 15:29   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Does that help?
Not quite, sorry - blood is thicker than water!
New glitch surfaced on the Paj, on close to full lock turns and at slow speeds, the brake pedal stiffens at times and makes a trrrrrrr noise, before going back to normal on its own. The service advisor insists that this is a normal ABS sign on all cars. Since this happens at parking and traffic speeds, I cannot see how ABS can kick in at these. He had someone put in the error code checker on the car that returned a no fault in ABS message.
Does any other Pajero owner have any idea about this?
Old 8th September 2009, 18:48   #65
BHPian

Sad to hear that you let go of your pajero. My dream vehicle since my school days. Mitsubushi is wasting its time and resources in India by riding piggy back on HM. Why cannot it come alone, study the indian market and launch products at sensible prices. It has the products to rock the indian market, EVO, Montero, Pajero, Latest Lancer and more. My dad's friend lancer clocked closed to 1.5 L Kms without any glitches.

If Mitusubhi can locally produce the current Pajero with 12 to 15 Lakh price range, it can easily sell like hot cakes, Even the Montero priced at 25 ~ 30 Lakhs will sell. There is a huge suv market between 20 lakhs and 50 lakhs price range. Maybe mitsubishi should learn lessons from honda / toyota about research and marketing products in india.
Sarvodaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 20:06   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Saywer:

Just to clarify your comment in the Fortuner test drive thread that Pajero is the largest selling vehicle in it's class. This is not true. The Endy which is in many ways inferior to the Pajero except for a Brilliant engine sells about 60% more than the Pajero 2.8.
Jan - Aug Sales: Pajero 754. Endy 1221.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...es-2009-a.html (Model specific Indian car sales - 2009)
4x4addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2009, 20:55   #67
Senior - BHPian

I was referring to the June/July month numbers where the Paj is running at almost thrice the Endy sales. And the same ratio continued in August. The Endy must have have fallen off a cliff in recent times. Now of course, with the Fortuner, both will take a deep dive, I guess.
Old 31st January 2011, 16:25   #68

Default Re: Pajero SFX one year on

Did you actually sold your paj in just a year . How much did you get .?

I intend to buy paj , I don't want to go wrong in buying a wrong suv....

Do pm me how much you got for the paj .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
The Pajero sales are based on the sales analysis that gets posted here, I have no other source for that info - I think it is roughly in the range of 160 Pajeros v 60 Endeavours. If I read the XL file correctly.
==============
Let's see what the pricing looks like. That will tell us how Toyota looks at it, in terms of positioning. Not much longer to wait!
vincy_30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2011, 16:26   #69
BHPian

So Sawyer, our friend, never really told us how much he sold the Paj for!!

I have one too, the same as his, with the only difference being that mine is dark blue. Its 2 and a half years old now, and no glitches whatsoever—except the same one Sawyer's had! The alignment, which got fixed after the shims were put in. It's done 35K kms so far, and goes like a dream...

Sorry about the late post, but came across this thread only today.

Nice, nice one by Sawyer. Thanks.
rajeevn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2011, 20:33   #70
BHPian

Dear Mr. Sawyer, I know this is 2 years old, but did you finally sell your Pajero? I am in Pune and looking for a well cared for Pajero so was just wondering if by any chance you still had it?
neerajdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2012, 20:10   #71
Senior - BHPian

I am testing a few cars for a friend. Please let me know what are the areas I need to look for in an used car. I am not much in SUVs.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote