Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 20th July 2009, 16:22   #46
BHPian

I was going through the first posts and thought wow, what a car and how well its been maintained and suddenly the word "new owner" woke me up and i thought what the hell why is he selling the car? but, anyways, its an individual's decision and we cant help it. Please break the suspense and let us know which is the new one and give some scoop on that.
balajird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 17:02   #47
Senior - BHPian

Folks thanks all for your overwhelming responses. I simply cant cope up with the fact that she is no longer with me. The only saving grace is that she is in good hands who will be joining here and will put up a review pretty soon.
My better half thinks like most of you chaps do, I was just driving down to Mysore over the weekend and she asked me a priceless question " Miss the baleno " ? I dint have an answer.

Damn I still recall the day when we floored a Skoda during our drive to Pondy on the GQ. Dont ask me what model of Skoda coz it was running body kits and was completely de-badged.

2 months back another drive to mysore and a dude in a Civic asked us for a friendly drag late in the night. He was with his wife and me with my bro and wifey.
The baleno floored the civic by the time we reached 150kmph mark. I don't know if the Civic owner deliberately gave up. All I know is he was gunning his car in every gear till we beat him by at-least 3 car lengths. The sound of the FFE and the way the car used to wheelspin is something that will remain etched in my mind forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
Your grill looks much better than the one on the white car. How did you make it? Is it a DIY job?
The white baleno's mesh grill was a complete DIY job. My baleno's grill was sourced from coimbatore and sure is a DIY job if you have the time and patience. However the frame holding the mesh is made of metal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
Man, Maruti should give you an award for superbly displaying and maintaining its product. Many cars with scratches and rust are classified as 'showroom condition' here in Goa. I wonder what should your car be called.

Your photos are priceless -- each of them speaks a million words on the love and affection you have had for your car. You should either start a school on car photography cum car maintenance. Maybe, I should send my Alto to your place and have some snaps clicked of it. With your superb compositon, my Alto could well look like a merc!

If you treat your car so well, I don't blame your wife for feeling second best. All the very best to your new acquisition and do update us in this regard.
Thanks pal. Its nice to hear such things .

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
A truly emotional farewell. If I were you, I would have probably changed my mind at the last minute and cancelled the deal!
I really couldn't coz the couple never looked back. They saw the car one early morning and decided to take it home.The lady says , I have seen cars and none said " take me home ". So guess this was it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Riju,

I read this now. I really have no words to describe my angst. Please get her back ASAP - you are financially settled and really shouldnt be paying any more importance to money than it needs.

I am really saddened at this loss.
No loss swamygale, am happy that it has found a new owner who can take care of it.You knew I was looking for something in the diesel segment and also that parking was an issue, damn its 1.5 lakhs for an extra car parking space, wish I could afford it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Riju,

i'd really like you to get that diesel SUV etc and do the math one year from now. Whatever little you'd have saved isnt compared to the fun of a car like the Baleno!

But anyways, waiting for your diesel car's pics!
I wont dis-appoint you pal. Sure will come back with a new thread in 15 days time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Riju, sad to see her go. Always thought you had the nicest looking Baleno on the forum, with those delicious rims+tyres and the superbly maintained appearance.
I know it's not easy letting go of a car you love so much - I still haven't figured out how to let go of mine. Gotta catch up with you sometime and take some pointers...lol.

Hope the replacement is something really special - it had better be after what you let go!
Well all good things have to come to end . Aint it Abhi ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
So it happend!!!

All the way I knew that you have been choosy about the sale. I had referred one to your car too.
One request, please don't prolong the suspense. What is coming? Fortuner? Magnum? Or Transform?
Good luck!!
Yeah was real choosy pal and however it wasn't a distress sale. Fortuner/Transform LOLzz I aint that rich man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
Hey man ... you could have kept her. Why the hell did you sell her off?

And looking at the pics of her should prove to all the guys that the Baleno is a hot looking car.
I have always had big regards for this car and the Vtec. Both these cars hold high regards for me and yes the baleno is a hot looking car. There were days when I used to drool over fellow member balenopower, samurai, hari_rama and few others baleno's on this very forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badri View Post
It's only apt that one of the best maintained balenos on the forum has gone to another enthusiast. It would have been really good if you could have had retained it along with the new purchase. But I understand that logistically there will be some constraints.

Hope you take your new vehicle in silver. Will look forward to your initial ownership review.
Silver if off my mind badri, have been stuck with the silver shade since 2004 and my parents alto also is silky silver. Looks like I might have to dig in and find a new shade that satisfies me and my better half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
My guess : it'll be Black.
Hang on !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Riju, since i knew this day was coming, i am not so shocked now. I remember the ride you had given me in your car at the Yelagiri meet.

As for whats coming up, i dont intend to spill the beans on that one.

P.S. : We should meet up.. been ages!
P.S. 2 : Really loved the second set of pics.
You better keep your mouth taped. We sure will meet up coz I work in the whitefield campus now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Brilliant review Riju and this machine is indeed in "showroom condition!" Glad to hear that you could find the right owner for her.
Thanks jaggu. Love is all I can think off , coz even after 3 years she still looked appealing after a nice wash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
Sad to hear that you have sold your very well maintained car.

Now the big question is "What is your next car" ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Wow!! What a writeup, and with pics to die for, but then all your pics are worth killing for too

Glad that the beauty went to an enthusiast.

So, inspite of being a repetitive question, what's the new ride going to be?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
What are you getting now?
Wait maadi Saar, it will be out soon .

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
Saddens to see her go does it not? I am sure this is a car that has inspired a lot of baleno lovers, inlcluding me. Its was the inspiration to mod and it will remain so. Good that its in good hands.
You bet Mohit, I was almost heart broken when I saw her being driven away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
Thats a very nice write up. Sad you'll had to depart. I have definitely made up my mind.Im never going to sell mine.
Dude wherez you been offlate ? Dont even see you on club-baleno too .

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajird View Post
I was going through the first posts and thought wow, what a car and how well its been maintained and suddenly the word "new owner" woke me up and i thought what the hell why is he selling the car? but, anyways, its an individual's decision and we cant help it. Please break the suspense and let us know which is the new one and give some scoop on that.
Patience my friend, it will be out pretty soon.

raajks you got my pm, thanks for your message.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 17:42   #48
BHPian

hey riju , i liked your front grill . could you PM me the souce from where you picked it up from ? . thanks
D3NZ1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2009, 10:28   #49
Senior - BHPian

Riju,just give us a clue,is it a used diesel or new one sedan.
Ramsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2009, 12:24   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Its not a used vehicle for sure. I dont suppose Riju's ever bought a used vehicle.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2009, 12:30   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3NZ1L View Post
hey riju , i liked your front grill . could you PM me the souce from where you picked it up from ? . thanks
Mate, it was sourced by Rahul (mclaren1885) from Coimbatore.

Quote:
Diesel for sure and something that will be pete'd if my finances permits once I cross the 10k mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Its not a used vehicle for sure. I dont suppose Riju's ever bought a used vehicle.
Benny just picked up my 1st used vehicle, a 2003 RE electra 4-speed :-) .
Old 21st July 2009, 14:07   #52
BHPian

While going thru the initial review writeup, i was just wondering whether to post here asking if u intended to sell the car a coupla posts later, i was surprised that its already sold! anyway, all things happen for the good - hope u get an even better one next
royalcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2009, 15:03   #53
Senior - BHPian

Diesel for sure and something that will be pete'd if my finances permits once I cross the 10k mark.

Riju,let me try.
Linea
Verna
Magnum
when it comes to UV,it should be Innova/Scorpio.
only these have petes.

Last edited by Ramsagar : 21st July 2009 at 15:10.
Old 21st July 2009, 15:20   #54
Senior - BHPian

@ ramsagar,

why not the Swift diesel / Punto diesel?
planet_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2009, 15:27   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
@ ramsagar,

That having only diesel sedan in mind,read somewhere posted by Riju
Old 21st July 2009, 15:31   #56
BHPian

What I hate about the LXi variants of all Maruti cars is that some of the very basic things (that you cannot fit very easily) will be missing in them. A lot of people do not care about the rear defogger that doesn't come in Baleno LXi or Swift LXi. I can understand if they don't put a keyless entry or alloys but rear defogger! dang, everyone need it!
edassery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2009, 16:08   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
I pulled over for a few pictures and kissed her on the hood. The 2nd love of my life was gonna find a new owner today.

I promised my wife, that I will buy her back someday when I can afford another car and keep her with us. Back home, I gave her a nice last wash and applied a coat of wax.

Like all good things come to an end my episode with the baleno is over for now.
Riju, Man almost had a tear in my eye reading this.
Must have been pretty hard to let go of the car.

Atleast, she is in good hands.
Waiting for the "new" car thread.

Pete or RD ECU ?

Baleno's mesh grill and the alloys were awesome man.

Cheers
--riju
yzfrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 09:05   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
@ ramsagar,

Quote:
That having only diesel sedan in mind,read somewhere posted by Riju
Ok patience chaps, it will be out soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edassery View Post
What I hate about the LXi variants of all Maruti cars is that some of the very basic things (that you cannot fit very easily) will be missing in them. A lot of people do not care about the rear defogger that doesn't come in Baleno LXi or Swift LXi. I can understand if they don't put a keyless entry or alloys but rear defogger! dang, everyone need it!
I guess we could only complain and do nothing about it. Even today we have cars/SUV's above the 9 lakh bracket being sold without ABS , so leave alone the el-cheapo rear de-fogger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
Riju, Man almost had a tear in my eye reading this.
Must have been pretty hard to let go of the car.

Atleast, she is in good hands.
Waiting for the "new" car thread.

Pete or RD ECU ?

Baleno's mesh grill and the alloys were awesome man.

Cheers
--riju
Ok from Riju to another Riju, thanks pal. Yeah it was real hard for me to let go off.Regarding the ECU, its a long shot coz I would require to do the 1st 10k kms. So gotto wait and like I said earlier, it would be Pete'd.
Old 22nd July 2009, 12:27   #59
BHPian

Riju, so the mind rules over the heart! The new owner is indeed lucky, I would say.
Now - the next, let us know what you are upto..
Cheers mate!
menonrajesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 13:28   #60
BHPian

Beautifull car riju sad you had to part with her, a heart touching write up if i ever loved a baleno its coz of your's and samurai's (crazyd's) baleno.

Last edited by praJEEP : 22nd July 2009 at 13:29.
praJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote