Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 24th August 2015, 11:08   #91
Senior - BHPian
Default re: Long awaited Maruti Dzire comes home. EDIT: Wheel bearing failure @ 57000 kms

Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Bearing failure at 57K is good enough IMO.

In my Ritz VDi, the bearing failure was at 64K kms whereas In yet to experience the same failure in my Swift ZDi which is at 53K kms.

Nothing to worry as it is normal wear and tear for cars running on our roads.
It is not normal wear and tear. There are 3 causes of bearing failure, http://www.simple-car-answers.com/Ca...-Bearings.html these are Damaged wheel bearing seal, damage from accident and poor installation. So in my case it must of been damaged seal.
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Your earlier update mentioned 55k in Jan 2015 and now 56.7k in August so seems like it wasn't used much during this period, probably using the bike more
How was the tuk tuk sound you mentioned in an earlier post fixed ? Any pointers on probable cause will help.
I've noticed I get this sound sometimes in my Dire, will get it checked at the 60k service in a couple of weeks.
Yeah not used the car much since Jan 15. The tuk tuk noise was a worn suspension which had to be replaced. I had posted the parts replaced and cost too.
goandude is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote