Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2009, 00:35   #46
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Alappuzha
Posts: 249
Thanked: 66 Times
Default

I know the ways of these vehicle dealers, friend, since my location is at Alappuzha. I am a Lawyer and yes, you can file a suit for compensation for the deficiency in service committed by them before the Consumer Disputes Reddressal Forum,Pathanamthitta.The expenses are minimal and you yourself can contest the suit, without engaging a professional Lawyer.If you have any querries, feel free to contact me( my services to a Team BHPian will be absolutely free, Ha, Ha)
Ashley Nair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2009, 07:15   #47
Distinguished - BHPian
 
4x4addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,975
Thanked: 2,497 Times
Default

Sorry to hear your woes. Kottayam has two dealers. Tata has different ratings for different dealers. Kulathungal motors in Kottayam is supposed to be the highest/much higher rated dealer.

But in general, outside of the big cities like Cochin/TVM the Tata dealers in medium/small towns aren't that great since they mostly sell the lower end offerings from Tata.
4x4addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2009, 22:24   #48
GKS
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Adoor
Posts: 69
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Nair View Post
I know the ways of these vehicle dealers, friend, since my location is at Alappuzha. I am a Lawyer and yes, you can file a suit for compensation for the deficiency in service committed by them before the Consumer Disputes Reddressal Forum,Pathanamthitta.The expenses are minimal and you yourself can contest the suit, without engaging a professional Lawyer.If you have any querries, feel free to contact me( my services to a Team BHPian will be absolutely free, Ha, Ha)

Thanks I appreciate your advise will go thru with it.
GKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2009, 03:25   #49
BHPian
 
ladak.imran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bombay
Posts: 291
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Best of luck with the suit GKS.
ladak.imran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2009, 08:44   #50
Distinguished - BHPian
 
BlackPearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 2,315
Thanked: 4,391 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKS View Post

1 Brake lights dose not work
2 Broken ashtray lid

4 Roof grab handle fixed upside down
5 Stopwatch iso analogue clock
@GKS, very sad to hear about your encounter with the Tata after sales service. Were they able to fix the issues mentioned above?
BlackPearl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2009, 22:55   #51
GKS
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Adoor
Posts: 69
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
@GKS, very sad to hear about your encounter with the Tata after sales service. Were they able to fix the issues mentioned above?
I think the name TATA suits, buy the car and they say Ta Ta,. About the issues 1,2,4 & 5 fixed but one thing about the clock, it works fine, can see it during the day time but unfortunately I need to have a torch light to see the time/clock during the night. Will check with the other Safari owners if I am wrong.

The tailgate paint will be done once I give the beast for putting my bed liner, as per TATA bed liner and canopy can go together so I have decided to put both together.

It should take maximum 3 days as per TATA
GKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2009, 23:00   #52
GKS
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Adoor
Posts: 69
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Owenership report coming up soon

Have done 2000+ kms with my beast, will be posing a detailed report no later than thursday August 2009.
GKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2009, 13:50   #53
Senior - BHPian
 
Sn1p3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,019
Thanked: 224 Times
Default

Congrats GKS thats one Hunk you got there.

Sorry to hear your delivery and service woes. This is typical of Tata dealership.
I would recommend to nuke them at consumer forum and also try to test other Tata workshops. I had to deal with ninny managers at Tata dealerships before I settled for one good workshop.

Enjoy the beast and write about it more.

Cheers!
Sn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2009, 23:05   #54
GKS
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Adoor
Posts: 69
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Congrats GKS thats one Hunk you got there.

Sorry to hear your delivery and service woes. This is typical of Tata dealership.
I would recommend to nuke them at consumer forum and also try to test other Tata workshops. I had to deal with ninny managers at Tata dealerships before I settled for one good workshop.

Enjoy the beast and write about it more.

Cheers!
I am purposely delaying the initial owners report, because as I said earlier I was in love with this beast before I got hold of her. Just waiting for the honeymoon phase to get over. I already drafted about the good things and will post all along with the -ve points(if any) asap.
GKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2009, 23:11   #55
Distinguished - BHPian
 
BlackPearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 2,315
Thanked: 4,391 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKS View Post
Have done 2000+ kms with my beast, will be posing a detailed report no later than thursday August 2009.
Waiting for your detailed ownership report. I will be relying heavily on such reports from tbhpians to finalise whether I should go for this truck or not once I go back to India.
BlackPearl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009, 06:51   #56
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,992
Thanked: 356 Times
Default Awesome Beast!

GKS, you have got an awesome beast there mate. Both me and my wife were smitten by the Xenon, but due to indifferent attitude of the dealer went for the Bolero.

Like others I'm also looking forward to your ownership review.

Cheers
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009, 07:45   #57
SMK
BHPian
 
SMK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bendakaalooru
Posts: 121
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

GKS,

Today is thursday and as you promised, waiting for the detailed ownership report on the beast! I was smitten by the look of the car and was looking in different websites for the details about this car. I found the details only in this forum and would love to read more about it!
SMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2009, 11:55   #58
Senior - BHPian
 
Sn1p3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,019
Thanked: 224 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKS View Post
I am purposely delaying the initial owners report, because as I said earlier I was in love with this beast before I got hold of her. Just waiting for the honeymoon phase to get over. I already drafted about the good things and will post all along with the -ve points(if any) asap.
And I hope your honeymoon never ends but we want to know more.
Sn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2009, 10:39   #59
evo
BHPian
 
evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Kolkata/Shillong
Posts: 755
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Great looking Car! The Chrome bumper looks very old school american pickup, very cool.

Pity about the rubbish dealers, I hope they quickly get the canopy organised.
evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2009, 15:49   #60
Senior - BHPian
 
aadix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 1,594
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

hey guys, what would be the max load the bay would be able to take? am asking in the practical sense, not the specifed max load weight. at present we load up our 207 single cab to roughly 2.5 tons regurarly, would the xenon be able to take a ton? say after a change of tyres? also are there any radial load bearing tyres available in the market?

Last edited by aadix : 19th August 2009 at 15:51.
aadix is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tata Xenon Crew-Cab launched : The Downgraded variant of Xenon XT jeepster Commercial Vehicles 176 22nd April 2017 18:12
Tata Xenon (4x2) Test Drive by a Fiat driver Steeroid Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 75 4th June 2009 20:24
Tata Safari 3.0 DICOR EX 4x2 - Edit: 25000kms (Pg. 5) drifter Long-Term Ownership Reviews 71 11th April 2009 06:46
Tata Safari Dicor LX 4x2 (Feb2007) ownership report EDIT: 11500kms update testdrive Long-Term Ownership Reviews 105 3rd January 2008 14:43
For Sale: Tata Safari DICOR VX 4X2 speedmiester Shifting gears 10 12th October 2007 16:35


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:21.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks