Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 6th August 2009, 15:11   #1
BHPian

Thumbs up Getz CRDi red 1 year 7 months with 40800 kms clocked

Getz CRDi - After a long research with so many cars test drive (Logan, Indigo, Fusion Diesel, Swift DDiS) Finally i decided to buy my Getz CRDi on Jan 2008,

A week before the decision I could do a test drive inside the stock yard of Advaith Hyundai - Bangalore,

Later I heard that the stock is not there with them and approaced Trident-Hosur Road,

With a nice experience with the sales man Amruth, got the delivery on a Auspisious day 20th Jan 2008, for 6.61 On Road with one Ganesh idol and mud flaps for free,
Colored the OVRM's and Door handles for 3k
Under chassis treatment and got the delivery from Trident (the Bumper lights were not on stock with them)

First feel, Took her in hosur road and Enjoyed the feel of Turbo which was not on my old car (Zen), I felt like flying

Added Pioneer HU and JBL speakers as ICE in JC road total 15k, with Art leather seat covers for 3.3k

I started driving this vehicle and found very comfartable and powerful among all in this segment.

Pros - Power, Nice interiors with fake wood console, Rigid in high speed and so on

Cons - I do not find anything as i am okay with the present FE (average 11.5 ~ 12.5kms in city and more than 15.5 kms in highway)

So far all the free service and one Paid service done odo clocked 40800kms and still feel like a new vehichle (in terms of in cabin noise)
No rattling - Which i noticed in the Swift test drive vehicle.
No lag in pick up
No problem in Handling
No much expenses

Made some scratches in my front bumper in a night time where some mud collection spoiled the paint and some plastics and upgraded to Rally bulbs for better visibility,

Got hitted by a Brand new Splendour in the rear bumber where i could not claim anything from the owner (He was with Tea flasks in chennai)

And few scratches by some unknown evils (they just wanted to scratch the car manually)

She is running better and better everyday and I love her a lot day by day.
trtraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2009, 17:01   #2
BANNED

Good choice buddy wish i had the moolah to get a getz crdi

you should definitely meet up with the banglore diesel uncles . thats what i have been told!

can we have some pics.
Thomas8700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2009, 17:14   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Time to get some mods

You got the 90/100's?
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2009, 17:17   #4
Team-BHP Support

Good to see a long term review.
But could you add some pictures, and also list your service expenses, frequency of service, dealership experience etc., etc.,
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2009, 17:17   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats trtraj,

one of the nice looking hatch in Red color.
I love that color and the power from the beast.
I too booked and canceled GetZ crdi in the same color.
Love to have this in my garage someday.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2009, 17:28   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congrats mate. We need to start a rocket-cult or something. And looks like B'lore is the home for most of the rockets in our forum

But hey, where are the photos?!!
ph03n!x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2009, 17:50   #7
Senior - BHPian

40k + kms in just about 2 years is a lotta driving mate. Says a lot about either you or the car . Got any interesting travelogues to share ?
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2009, 13:50   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Time to get some mods

You got the 90/100's?
Initially i went for a Relay for 90/100 which gone bad in 8 months from JC road and now I changed it to Roots relays (which is same for 90/100) But after several bulb fused, per my friend's suggestion i went to 100/130

Roots is really good bet i believe.
Old 10th August 2009, 13:56   #9
BHPian

You sure do travel a lot trtraj, nice to know you are really happy with the Getz. The Getz CRDI is sure a very good hatch, more like a Palio GTX minus the problems.
musicmanaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2009, 14:09   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
40k + kms in just about 2 years is a lotta driving mate. Says a lot about either you or the car . Got any interesting travelogues to share ?

Thats true, it's a lot, If someone give me a chance to drive her till ladakh, I would do it. BTW, the clock is 41650 kms now !

Most of my travel is Chennai-Bangalore before and after my kids birth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Congrats mate. We need to start a rocket-cult or something. And looks like B'lore is the home for most of the rockets in our forum

But hey, where are the photos?!!
Pho3n!x I had took only few photos of her as i am busy shooting photos of my kids nowadays, BTW here are the two okay kind of photos

Just before Delivery

Name:  My Machine.JPG
Views: 1384
Size:  74.0 KB

One fine day in NH 46

Name:  one.JPG
Views: 1437
Size:  72.2 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Good to see a long term review.
But could you add some pictures, and also list your service expenses, frequency of service, dealership experience etc., etc.,
Service Expenses is very nominal,

The highest i paid to Trident was for Oil flush out from the engine (which didn't made any sense)

Frequency - So far Every 10,000kms yet to send her again in a while.

Dealership Experience - I have banged in a unpainted Hump near Varthur (Bangalore) once and i heard a Bottling noise from the front right suspension.

I took the vehicle to Trident - Hosur road (i think the name of service Advisor is Jayanth), I requested him that i want to go to the service bay, He took me to the 2nd floor and believe me or not. Just a Bolt which got bent made all this noise and after replacing the bolt no noise at all.

I like the way Trident respond to customers, In fact i use to have pick up and drop facility for service (of course with a cost to it ) just because there service is good as expected.

The only problem i faced with them is fixing the bumper lights (they made a cut which is very uneven) and finally they made some alternate stuff to cover that mistake.
Old 10th August 2009, 14:13   #11
BHPian

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
I have posted only one here(URL below) without my Getz in the trip

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...d-yercaud.html (A Weekend at Yercaud)

I wanted to pen a lot but, no time
Old 16th December 2009, 21:27   #12
BHPian

Default Update - 1 year 11 months

Update - 1 year 11 months, 50500 kms,

Changed tyres to appolo acelere posted the expenses and pics down here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...-how-they.html (Apollo Acelere - How are they?)

Using Synthetic oil -- Feeling Smoother

Changed headlight switch in warranty (warranty expiring in 1 month.. I am lucky) which went bad.

loving her a lot still, Feel like the new still in performance.

Planning for a 335+1300 Kms trip in the year end. If it happens will post the travelogue too.
Old 17th December 2009, 01:45   #13
Senior - BHPian

@Glad to see the rocket going strong. How much have you paid for maintenance overall?

I am in Philippines now, and the rockets sold here (the same as in India, except that they do not have the "Prime" tag) for 6.38L Pesos have Body Colored ORVM, Rear Spoliers, Rear wash and wipe, Seatback pockets, Audio System with MP3 and 4 speakers, and carbon grain central facia.

Looks like Hyundai cut quite a few corners in the car they gave us! :(

The car is still being sold, and I wont mind picking one up if I can bring it back home had it not been a Left Hand Drive vehicle
ph03n!x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 02:35   #14
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1 year 11 months, 50500 kms
thats a lotta driving but i guess thats what cRDI does to you i have driven 6500kms in 2months!

Raj how about getting the car peted as its out of warranty now? And how is the SOFT suspension at 50K ?
aZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 09:30   #15
Senior - BHPian

Wow !! 50k kms on those crappy stock tires. Incredible achievement considering the monster torquey engine.
I had them for 200kms and they used to wheel spin the moment it hit 2000 rpm and locks up/ drift sideways while hard braking.

185/60-14 Aceleres are fine. 185/65-14 would have been better in terms of GC & ride comfort.

Anyways keep the updates coming. I'm following you @ 48000 kms.
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote