Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2011, 08:11   #91
BHPian
 
aviorp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 431
Thanked: 743 Times
Default Re: Guderian...A Scorpio CRDe. EDIT : Updated to 100,000 kms. Full costing on pg 6

Its a common practice to congratulate someone, especially on this forum, who has laid hands on a brand new car but its just disheartening to see someone biding adieu, to such a well-maintained car. I know how it feels, as I was in a similar position, when we sold our 5 year old Accent. For someone who has been so passionate about cars, I'm sure something deserving is await. I wish you a very good luck.

Btw, thank you very much, for sharing the costs and maintenance tips. It will surely help me in maintaining my Scorp
aviorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2011, 08:28   #92
adc
Senior - BHPian
 
adc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,346
Thanked: 2,100 Times
Default Re: Guderian...A Scorpio CRDe. EDIT : Updated to 100,000 kms. Full costing on pg 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Farewell my friend.

Hail Guderian the Scorpio !

One member, Lukeskywalker, had a post in reply what a vehicle would have said at defining moments, if they had a voice - "wonder what it would say if it spoke, would love to sit and listen to it."

And may be the same thoughts come back to you over and over again for that query.

Quote:
Luke, thats some really good thought provoking question. What would it say? I too am intrigued. It must have groaned everytime I burned its clutch is steep muddy inclines or hit its underside or revved it to max as we lay in ditch led into by blinding fog but then everytime the engine was fired at late night, it would have smiled with joy - an overnight journey almost always was travel time for the known and unknown

Appreciate the way you de-commissoned Guderian, speaks a lot about it. Good luck on your travels and your next vehicle. Again, a fitting farewell to a brave and just soldier, aka, Guderian. - [again always loved that title!]

Last edited by adc : 2nd March 2011 at 08:43.
adc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2011, 09:58   #93
Senior - BHPian
 
Guderian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Thane
Posts: 1,616
Thanked: 1,409 Times
Default Sounding - The Last Post ! Guderian, A Scorpio CRDe, Decommissioned.

(A Request again to the Mods - Please change the title of the thread to :

"Sounding - The Last Post ! Guderian, A Scorpio CRDe, Decommissioned.")


Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
You certainly had some very nice times with Guderian. I m sure if kept well, he will please his new owner too.

Did you sense or were any issues beginning to surface on Guderian at the time of sale?

Now, it is time to start a new and detailed thread about your "Admiral" in the "Initial Ownership Reports" section I feel.

Bring it on.
Hi Dev, Yes sir the thread about the Admiral would start soon - as soon as time and decent photographs permit ! No major issues were begining to surface on Guderian. However as you are aware just the day before I booked the Admiral I coughed up 12K to do a few things including changing the propellor shaft. Some guys on the Scorpio group called me daft in personal conversations for having done so just before the sale. But then my heart truly thrummed for Guderian - whoever picked him up. Actually after over 100K KMs the vibration and clanging levels had increased and so I thought that would be good parting gift for the old chap !
Yes a few things I had never done as it was not required due to driving style would have cropped up round the corner - changing the front brake discs and brake pads, steering column R&R, suspension overhaul (done just once over 100K KMs, fuel tank cleaning etc along with other standard maintenance consumables being changed. Gut feel - it could have got progressively expensive to run the old chap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
It was such a well maintained Scorp. somehow, I am feeling sad that its gone.
Raj - You telling me ! I am still feeling wretched and miserable. Wonder when the blues will fade. Never I guess - since Saturday, on the roads, each time I see a Scorp I think of the ol' boy ! And miss him beyond belief......!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
That is indeed a well-maintained Scorp.
So, what's next? Another one?
Thanks Ben ! Well, Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro (He can be referred to as Fleet Admiral/Admiral/Admiral Togo), a Toyota Fortuner for others walked (sorry drove !) into my life on Sunday Feb 27, 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviorp View Post
Its a common practice to congratulate someone, especially on this forum, who has laid hands on a brand new car but its just disheartening to see someone biding adieu, to such a well-maintained car. I know how it feels, as I was in a similar position, when we sold our 5 year old Accent. For someone who has been so passionate about cars, I'm sure something deserving is await. I wish you a very good luck.

Btw, thank you very much, for sharing the costs and maintenance tips. It will surely help me in maintaining my Scorp
Thanks Aviorp. My pleasure to have shared whatever I could !
Well the deserving something has been revealed above ! Yes it is truly a reward for having been passionate about Guderian and a dream come true ! Even after having drained my fortune/s on the Fortuner !

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
One member, Lukeskywalker, had a post in reply what a vehicle would have said at defining moments, if they had a voice - "wonder what it would say if it spoke, would love to sit and listen to it."

And may be the same thoughts come back to you over and over again for that query.




Appreciate the way you de-commissoned Guderian, speaks a lot about it. Good luck on your travels and your next vehicle. Again, a fitting farewell to a brave and just soldier, aka, Guderian. - [again always loved that title!]
Hi ADC, Even before the decommissioning of Guderian these conversations used to take place - every Sunday as a part of my schedule - explained in earlier posts. All I can tell you is - as a human being I have erred, and have at times put Guderian through grievious perils. And in return - he only performed his duties just not to his best abilities - but beyond it. And he with a knowing smile responded everytime that he could have done even better had I allowed him. These were of course in very few instances - overall I did take care of him real well - and so my swells with pride ! Owners arrogance ? Possible. Madness ? Certainly !

Last edited by Guderian : 2nd March 2011 at 10:06.
Guderian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2011, 14:00   #94
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,960
Thanked: 1,714 Times
Default Re: Sounding - The Last Post ! Guderian, A Scorpio CRDe, Decommissioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
No major issues were begining to surface on Guderian. However as you are aware just the day before I booked the Admiral I coughed up 12K to do a few things including changing the propellor shaft. Some guys on the Scorpio group called me daft in personal conversations for having done so just before the sale. But then my heart truly thrummed for Guderian - whoever picked him up. Actually after over 100K KMs the vibration and clanging levels had increased and so I thought that would be good parting gift for the old chap !
Yes a few things I had never done as it was not required due to driving style would have cropped up round the corner - changing the front brake discs and brake pads, steering column R&R, suspension overhaul (done just once over 100K KMs, fuel tank cleaning etc along with other standard maintenance consumables being changed. Gut feel - it could have got progressively expensive to run the old chap.
Which is why I wish that he would be passed on to an acquaintance. Sigh... If wishes were horses...

By the way, I believe that your extensive tool kit now finds a place in Admiral's cargo hold, right? It was quite a snug fit in Guderian.
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2011, 09:25   #95
Senior - BHPian
 
Guderian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Thane
Posts: 1,616
Thanked: 1,409 Times
Default Re: Sounding - The Last Post ! Guderian, A Scorpio CRDe, Decommissioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Which is why I wish that he would be passed on to an acquaintance. Sigh... If wishes were horses...

By the way, I believe that your extensive tool kit now finds a place in Admiral's cargo hold, right? It was quite a snug fit in Guderian.
Hi Dev, One of the wishes I expressed to the car broker friend was that he sell the vehicle to a guy nearby so that I can see Guderian's progress in life, after me, from time to time and to possibly help the new owner with my understanding of Guderian's habbits ! Last evening he got back to me saying that a gentleman (he can only be called that.......he purchased Guderian, right ?) from the neighbouring colony where I live has picked him up, and that we will be meeting him soon.
What also warmed the cockles of me heart was the fact that he informed me he sold Guderian at quite a premium and was very thankful to me for the great shape Guderian was in and that he just had to only clean him once, as it was in his yard for two days. Made my heart swell with great pride !
Yes - and now begins the equiping of Admiral Togo ! All the tools and victuals would find a way into it, though space is an issue. but then everything will fit.

Last edited by Guderian : 3rd March 2011 at 09:29.
Guderian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 22:19   #96
Senior - BHPian
 
Guderian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Thane
Posts: 1,616
Thanked: 1,409 Times
Default Re: Guderian...A Scorpio CRDe. EDIT : Updated to 100,000 kms. Full costing on pg 6

And so to give this thread a sense of completeness and my senses a thought of closure, here is the link to my next ride - Fleet Admiral Togo Heihachiro , A Toyota Fortuner.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-fortuner.html

Life goes on !
Guderian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scorpio CRDe @ 70,000 kms! 5,000 of Agony & 65,000 of bliss smats Long-Term Ownership Reviews 17 8th May 2010 17:37
Confusion over Two Tweeters costing four thousand sathyaprakash In-Car Entertainment 10 30th October 2009 17:09
Peted Swift VDi ABS 10000kms Review. EDIT : Updated to 20,000 kms BUSA Long-Term Ownership Reviews 52 7th August 2009 16:20
Scorpio CRDe - intial impression 600kms. Now updated with 10000 km report tifosikrishna Long-Term Ownership Reviews 43 14th February 2007 16:21
Costing for Mods adit1329 Modifications & Accessories 3 11th February 2006 09:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:59.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks