Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 28th August 2009, 22:15   #16
BHPian

Best wishes on your punto. Car/Color looks stunning...Sorry about the alternator. Hope this is just a one off instance...
tosathyas is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2009, 21:22   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
But to our surprise,the Fiat people responded very fast even in the middle of the night when we had the break down.I would certainly give 10/10 for their promptness.The help arrived at the place of the breakdown within 12 hours.(The place of breakdown was 170 kms away from our dealer,but even then they responded very promptly)
Anyone nowadays complaining about FIAT A.s.s.? This particular instance seem to beat even Maruti A.s.s.!

I feel pity about one of my cousins who recently dropped the idea of buying Linea fearing poor A.s.s., and guess what, he settled for a Swift Dzire, for the peace of mind in terms of service!!

BTW, Congrats on the new car mate..!
clevermax is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2009, 23:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Anyone nowadays complaining about FIAT A.s.s.? This particular instance seem to beat even Maruti A.s.s.!

I feel pity about one of my cousins who recently dropped the idea of buying Linea fearing poor A.s.s., and guess what, he settled for a Swift Dzire, for the peace of mind in terms of service!!

BTW, Congrats on the new car mate..!
I do really agree with you.Fiat is really improving in the terms of A.s.s..! by light years.By the way what i have noticed is that brand does play an important in the Indian automobile industry..! If it was Maruti Punto instead of Fiat Punto,there would be 15k+ bookings/month and there would be a long waiting period too

Hope that someday Fiat cars will rule the entire Indian roads..Let me pray for that day
Klub Class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2009, 18:06   #19
Senior - BHPian

Finally after a long and frustrating waiting for nearly 10 days,I got a call from the RF Motors today saying that the alternator problem has been sorted out.So I will be going today to the RF Motors to get the my car back..! By the way I don't find any difficulty in travelling almost 170 kms (from where i work) to get the car back from them as my home-town is only 10 kms from there

Will surely write a detailed report about the same..!

So stay tuned for the report and photographs..!!
Old 17th September 2009, 19:55   #20
Senior - BHPian

Default Got the car back :)

Hey Folks..!!

First of all I like to apologize for being late in writing the detailed report of the delivery of the car after the repair.Its almost two weeks since i have got the car back and have not yet wrote the report...Lazy me..!!

As promised by our dealer RF Motors,Ernakulam,we got the car after getting fixed the alternator issue on the 1st of September.We did reach there at 8:30 am and the car was ready awaiting for me to take her home.The service people especially Mr.Jinoo (RF Motors) was very friendly and truly professional.We got the papers cleared within a couple of minutes,say 15-20 minutes.Since the replacement was under the warranty we got the alternator which costs above Rs.10,000 replaced free of cost.Meanwhile,I have heard a lot of negatives about our dealer,RF Motors...But my experience proves the converse.Yeah I am very much satisfied with their service.(may be their are trying to build a new and better image among their customers)

Th next day being Onam,(the regional festival of Kerala),we hurried to our native place and celebrated the festival in a grand way.We drove our car back to the place where we work,which is almost 170 kms away from the dealer and the car returned about 19+km/l with A/C on during the entire drive.

Now the odo reads 2200+ kms and I do really enjoy every moment that i spent in the car.Now,we are getting an average mileage of around 18-20 km/l under mixed conditions with 100 % A/C ON.Its almost time for us to take her for the first service.

Today we got the call from the JD Power Survey(Bangalore).They enquired everything about the car, starting from our first visit to dealer,delivery of the car and about the service.

Here are some photographs for you all to enjoy

1.I always admire Fiat Alloys...Here is the picture of the alloys of our hatch-back.Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion Pack | 26,000 KM update-dsc071151.jpg

2.I tried a different perspective here.Usually I used to sit in the front seat.Captured this when I was sitting on the rear seat.Believe me - Rear seats are very good to taking photographs..! Try the rear seat
Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion Pack | 26,000 KM update-dsc070344.jpg

3.After a small shower.I should admit the fact that Fiat Grande Punto has got no bad angles at all.It looks awesome from all angles.Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion Pack | 26,000 KM update-dsc07081.jpg

4.Tried to focus on the letter "M" of the Emotion Badge.I hope that it don't look very bad.Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion Pack | 26,000 KM update-dsc07101.jpg

All your opinions and views are always welcome.
Old 17th September 2009, 20:13   #21
BHPian

Nice pics amith. Did you get any input on why your alternator failed?
NutsNBolts is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2009, 22:48   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Nice pics amith. Did you get any input on why your alternator failed?
Thank you brother for your input.We asked about them why the alternator failed,but they didn't have any idea of the same.May be because they didn't check it.Don't know more about it.Sorry :(
Old 18th September 2009, 11:05   #23
agm
BHPian

Man this Hatch looks awesome in white,i thought Red is the best colour but then...!!!

Congrats mate for your new ride.So,good to see Fiat improving on there A.s.S.
agm is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2009, 11:35   #24
Senior - BHPian

Default 4000+ Km Update

Our dear Fiat Punto 1.3 E+ is now 2.5 months old and she has clocked 4000 + km As I had mentioned earlier,I enjoy every moment that I spent in this Italian Masterpiece.So here is a brief report of first service,my experience.etc

We took our car for service to RF Motors,Cochin on Oct 10th morning.During our drive to the RF Motors(which is nearly 170 kms from the place I work),a private bus driver kept honking behind us and it make me angry..!So had a "small fight" with the bus...!I hope that you all are aware about the notorious bus drivers of kerala-they might even put Michael Schumacher into shame :P.One the way,we came across a Red Fiat Grande Punto(See the picture)

We got back the car by evening.As promised by them,we got the mud-flaps fitted.Meanwhile our "LHS Front Turn Light" failed and we got it replaced.As lights don't come under warranty we had to some hundreds to them. Even though I didn't have any bad experience with our dealers RF Motors,I am very much worried after hearing a lot of "horror stories" about them.May be I'll be giving my car to Concorde Motors,Ernakulam for the future services...Need the inputs of experts on the same.

Now the odometer reads 4000+kms and I am very much satisfied with the car.Here are some of my observations

+ Now we are getting an average mileage of 16-20 km/l with 100% A/C On under mixed driving condition...Getting 22+ km/l in highways.
+ As other Fiat owners have already mentioned,the ride and handling is of top notch.Fiat Grande Punto will put almost all hatch-backs into shame
+ The Blue and Me is really a boon for me.
+ Even though some owners have mentioned that some parts are falling off, I have not yet experienced one

- I had become a victim of low ground clearance some 2-3 times. :( Blame the poor roads of Kerala
- The fuel-lid is very flimsy

Moderators Please Note :- Please change the title to "Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 E+ : 4000+Kms Update"

Some snaps..!! All your comments and inputs are always welcome

Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion Pack | 26,000 KM update-dsc07939.jpg

Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion Pack | 26,000 KM update-dsc081677.jpg

Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion Pack | 26,000 KM update-dsc089102.jpg

Name:  Steering Punto.jpg
Views: 4205
Size:  65.5 KB

Name:  Interior Night  Punto.jpg
Views: 6181
Size:  40.4 KB

Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion Pack | 26,000 KM update-dsc069811.jpg

Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion Pack | 26,000 KM update-dsc070084.jpg

Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion Pack | 26,000 KM update-dsc08318.jpg

Stay Tuned..!! More pictures on the way
Old 25th October 2009, 13:16   #25
BHPian

Nice snaps Amith. I would suggest that you try out Concorde for your next requirement. Going by GTX account, RF seems to be closing down or even firing Fiat people. BTW, you got a GB plate or is it a plant?
NutsNBolts is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2009, 13:29   #26
Senior - BHPian

Excellent pictures, great to know that you are enjoying her to the fullest. Now that you've completed 4000 km , has the engine freed up and feels better ?
sdp1975 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2009, 13:31   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Nice snaps Amith. I would suggest that you try out Concorde for your next requirement. Going by GTX account, RF seems to be closing down or even firing Fiat people. BTW, you got a GB plate or is it a plant?
Thanks brother.I have almost made up my mind and most probably I'll be going to Concorde for next service.Yeah,its a GB plate.Replaced the original plate using Photoshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Excellent pictures, great to know that you are enjoying her to the fullest. Now that you've completed 4000 km , has the engine freed up and feels better ?
Thanks a lot sdp1975.Yeah,the engine is now more silent,the noise levels have come down and the power has increased a bit too But the car is still sluggish in the initial gears,say 1 and 2.Btw Congratulations for your new ride.

Last edited by Klub Class : 25th October 2009 at 13:34.
Old 25th October 2009, 13:38   #28
BHPian

Excellent running report. You seem to be very satisfied with your Punto. Do you find the audio controls easy to use? The rotary knobs look a little small to handle. btw, the FE you are getting is excellent. What camera and lens do you use? Your compositions are great! Enjoy your Italian beauty!
newcoolgadgets is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2009, 13:43   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcoolgadgets View Post
Excellent running report. You seem to be very satisfied with your Punto. Do you find the audio controls easy to use? The rotary knobs look a little small to handle. btw, the FE you are getting is excellent. What camera and lens do you use? Your compositions are great! Enjoy your Italian beauty!
Thank you newcoolgadgets.Yeah,I am very much satisfied with my Punto.I didn't have any problems with the rotary knobs of the audio player.Mostly I use the steering mounted controls to adjust the volume/to change the track etc.I'm glad that you liked the pictures.I use a Point & Shoot Camera - Sony DSC W35,a 7.2 MP Camera.Thanks again for your wishes

Last edited by Klub Class : 25th October 2009 at 13:45.
Old 25th October 2009, 15:25   #30
BANNED

KC, congratulations on your italian beauty, white looks awesome along with red and Eblue.Nothing to say about its suspention and steering feedback as all know, good to hear that you are enjoying her at its fullest and FE you are getting is superb.Any major difference in her ride quality from first few kms till now 4ks.
vijaythacker is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote