Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 7th November 2015, 20:50   #196
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: My Dark Knight - Hyundai i10 Kappa Asta A/T W/S

Braking was spongy and weak at best for quite a while, and I was advised at the last service to get the brake pads changed.
Have been skipping the same for a while due to laziness, but changed the front brake pads and cleaned/adjusted the rear drums at Mukesh Hyundai workshop today.
Total cost was Rs 1515.
Also crossed 60K Kms this Friday.
blackasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2015, 23:05   #197
BHPian

Might get a used AT i10 with about 30k on the odo. How reliable was the car in general and do you recommend getting a used one? What should I look out for?
AnInternetUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2015, 11:13   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnInternetUser View Post
Might get a used AT i10 with about 30k on the odo. How reliable was the car in general and do you recommend getting a used one? What should I look out for?
The major warranty replacement was changing the failed SRSCM (airbag control module) in the third year of ownership. That part would have cost 25-30K and was taken care at zero cost by Hyundai (after some initial problems by the delaership) under extended warranty.
Other than that I have no major issues. Check the usual stuff, i.e service records, tires, brakes, power window switches, lights, music player/speakers etc.
Also, take the car on highway/open stretch and check whether upshifts / downshifts are smooth. If the shifts are jerky, chances are that the car may have been driven roughly.
Overall a 30k run i10 A/T should not have any problems and should be good buy for a sedate driver at a justifiable price - just plan your overtakes cautiously.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2016, 19:12   #199
Senior - BHPian

Got another paid service done @ 69K kms on the odo from a smaller Hyundai ASS 'classic motors' near my home.

Oil, oil filter, air filter, 4 spark plugs, consumables and labor cost 2400 (300 less from 2700 as I denied to wait for the wash where there was a long queue, as they share the facility with a tow/breakdown/wash station).

With less than a month to go for the 7th year anniversary, the car has started to show some signs of old age - the light below the gearshift (which illuminated the PRND2L) has gone kaput, and the bonnet release lever has cracked so I tug the end of the wire to open the hood.
Old 2nd September 2016, 15:18   #200
Senior - BHPian

7 years and 70000 kms completed today, the little car chugs on.
Now a days I see less and less of pre facelift i10s on road, guess time is doing it's work.
Also caught in a dilemma between whether to start looking for a new car as a replacement now (an get some resale), or keep this car till it starts falling apart (no resale expectations).