Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 14th November 2011, 23:37   #136
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Ford Fusion: Life Till 55K and beyond. EDIT: Sold!

Lucky, i got bumped into this thread.

My Fusion is at 1.25 K kms and still runs like a gem. The driver side PW is working intermittently. It is now firmly pushed up to the top and not used. I asked Ford A.S.S and they quoted 10K for the motor. I will try the DIY this weekend and i hope the only problem with my Fusion is gone.
MAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2011, 06:09   #137
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Lucky, i got bumped into this thread.
My Fusion is at 1.25 K kms and still runs like a gem.
So I have another 40K more to go?

Mine it at 85K and counting! Still cruises nicely on the roads. Tyres have done about 40K after first change. Nearing for another change may be.

Do you have a petrol version or a diesel one?
Since I rarely operate the windows much and since mostly they are closed, not much of wear and tear on the motor hopefully.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2011, 06:21   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

@MAS, check online in UK for such parts. You may get it cheaper. But getting it across may be the issue.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2011, 10:10   #139
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
So I have another 40K more to go?

Mine it at 85K and counting! Still cruises nicely on the roads. Tyres have done about 40K after first change. Nearing for another change may be.

Do you have a petrol version or a diesel one?
Since I rarely operate the windows much and since mostly they are closed, not much of wear and tear on the motor hopefully.
Mine is a End Sept 2007 TDCi. Driven all the kms in the past 4 years. My respect for Fusion (and Ford) has grown after owing this car. Absolute Gem of a machine. The Fusion amazingly is very light on the tyres. I changed the first set at 70K and the second set is still going strong with atleast 20 K of life in them. The spare tyre is still the old one which came with the car.

I seldom use the windows as i drive the car with A/C all the time. I only use the driver side window at the toll booths. Wish we get those automatic toll debit machines as they would save time, money and all important my power windows from konking off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@MAS, check online in UK for such parts. You may get it cheaper. But getting it across may be the issue.
I would try and do that. Since i have already booked the New Fiesta and will sell the Fusion in a month's time , i feel lazy to take that effort now
MAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2011, 13:53   #140
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Mine is a End Sept 2007 TDCi. Driven all the kms in the past 4 years. My respect for Fusion (and Ford) has grown after owing this car. Absolute Gem of a machine. The Fusion amazingly is very light on the tyres. I changed the first set at 70K and the second set is still going strong with atleast 20 K of life in them. The spare tyre is still the old one which came with the car.
Wow! That is some serious long distance driving!
More than a lakh in 4 years. What was the mileage that you used to get ?

Congrats on your new purchase.

Last edited by ampere : 16th November 2011 at 13:59.
Old 16th November 2011, 13:56   #141
BHPian

Hi MAS, Did you change the timing belt at 1lac kms as specified by FORD? or you did it before. Please share those information as well. My fiesta TDCI just completed 65K hence asked.

Last edited by Jebs : 16th November 2011 at 13:57.
Jebs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2011, 15:05   #142
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow! That is some serious long distance driving!
More than a lakh in 4 years. What was the mileage that you used to get ?

Congrats on your new purchase.
Yes, i was myself amazed at the kind of driving i did with the Fusion, that too
a. it being one of my three cars (All three cars are driven by me)
b. i travel out of the city (without the car) for 10 - 14 days a month. This driving has happened in say 2 1/2 to 3 years (actual days spent with the car).

Mileage - City with A/C - 16 - 17 kmpl; Highway with A/C - 19 - 20 kmpl

I'm very excited about the New Fiesta and hope the gives me the same problem-free experience as the Fusion for the next 4 years. (Touch wooood)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebs View Post
Hi MAS, Did you change the timing belt at 1lac kms as specified by FORD? or you did it before. Please share those information as well. My fiesta TDCI just completed 65K hence asked.
I changed the timing Belt at 90 K kms; 10 K ahead of the Ford's recommendation. I also change the serpentine belt every 50 K kms as i experienced shredding of the belt at 55 K.

Last edited by MAS : 16th November 2011 at 15:06.
MAS is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2011, 17:40   #143
Team-BHP Support

Here is snap of the car. This was taken in May/June this year.

Old 16th November 2011, 18:02   #144
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Here is snap of the car. This was taken in May/June this year.
Beautiful. Was it in Hesarghatta? My Linea too visited Hesarghatta on 5 June 2011. Here are some photographs (Cara Mia Fiat Linea!).
J.Ravi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2011, 18:10   #145
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Beautiful. Was it in Hesarghatta? My Linea too visited Hesarghatta on 5 June 2011. Here are some photographs (Cara Mia Fiat Linea!).
Yes Ravi it has to be Hesarghatta.
Cannot be anywhere else!

EDIT checked your post on the snaps. Looks very nice.

Last edited by ampere : 16th November 2011 at 18:12.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2011, 18:26   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

ampere, its a totally different feeling when we see our set of wheels reach such milestones and yet again continue to deliver without a glitch. It not only talks about the reliability aspect, but also the fact on how we have taken care of it.
My WagonR clocked 1.5 lakhs last month during my Bangalore-Gujarat run and I was so delighted about the way it served its purpose and still does.

And then, you will be greeted with so many people who would ask you sell the car due to its high mileage but its only we who know the real value of such gems with whom we share a bond of trust and affection for helping us see so many places and taking us over so many kilometers of memorable trips.

Yet again, personally I have always loved cars that look practical than aerodynamic.

Fusion was always my first choice when I thought of my second car but like I earlier mentioned, my head was almost touching the roof and the Petrol version never had Driver's Seat height adjustment (?).

Wish you many more wonderful and memorables kilometers on your Fusion
paragsachania is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2011, 19:20   #147
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Yet again, personally I have always loved cars that look practical than aerodynamic.
Parag,

You just penned my thoughts. Its very true that cars serving one for long is a big testament to its maintenance. And also the fact how it has been driven and been used (rather than abused).

Congrats on 1.5L completion on your WagonR. Agains speaks of the same sentiments that we share. My plan/thought-process is to extend the usage to a point where I can change it with a good practical mini SUV. I have my eyes of Ecosport and Duster and am keenly following on how they perform in the market. So at best I may plan to replace by 2012 year end or early 2013. By then the long term ownership cost of these cross-over SUVs would be well established to a reasonable extent.

But yes overall its been very satisfactory ownership of Fusion.

PS: I remember very well you mentioning about your height constraint on the Fusion.
Old 20th May 2012, 00:06   #148
Team-BHP Support

Nothing major to update. The car still keeps munching miles. The odometer now inches to 92K. The only major repair was replacement
of the starting motor which went off early this year. Got it replaced for 8K. Regular maintenance every six months to the tune of 5K.
(Out of which 1.5K is for car cleaning.)

The only other major change pending is:
- Suspension. The SA advised it can do another 15-20K
- Timing Belt. SA advised for a change at 1.1L

Many many long distances covered in between. Chikmagulur, Bhadra, Valparai, Goa, many rounds to Chennai and many-many
weekend drives around Bangalore.

About Mileage: The story is similar. At high speeds nearing three digits with AC and on 4-lanes its about 14-15. At 80-90 with AC the mileage is
about 16. When nearing three digit speeds I can see the motor revving at 3K RPM. With next car purchase, I would love to see that
number much lower (at about 2K).
Old 20th May 2012, 00:43   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When nearing three digit speeds I can see the motor revving at 3K RPM. With next car purchase, I would love to see that
number much lower (at about 2K).
That seems bit high. Fusion petrol should do 100 kmph @2800. At least mine did when I was owning one.
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2012, 03:17   #150
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
That seems bit high. Fusion petrol should do 100 kmph @2800. At least mine did when I was owning one.
I just gave a rough estimate. I did not look exact. It could have been 2800.
All I meant was, it was over the limit for the best FE.