Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 28th October 2014, 18:30   #181
Team-BHP Support

Default re: Ford Fusion: Life Till 55K and beyond. EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by devrajman View Post
I have been following this thread since a long time. To break the news I bought myself Ford Fusion D 2008 (non-plus) a month back. Its many years of ogling till it came in my budget Its an AMAZING car to own, exactly when compact SUV idea is high!
So true. It was way ahead of its time. The only feeling for the diesel I thought was its a bit too heavy for the 1.4. But still its an awesome package!

Quote:
Service cost is not too much now, many spares cost have reduced, ford labor cost is competitive with any other brand. Plastics are costly for Fusion.
Yes. Over the years the the service costs have come down. The introduction of Figo has helped a lot in getting this focus.

Quote:
For headlight you can use Headlight restorer and will be much better, repeat every weeks till it shines like new! Worst get a pair from UK for 6K each
True. I some how did not go with DIY approach. Just used for 5 years and then one fine day payed 22K and changed the head lamp unit.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2014, 18:40   #182
BHPian

I have tried this on my friend's old Wagon R.

Should work for Fusion as well.

quadbike is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2014, 23:28   #183
BHPian

Quote:

What exactly is problem with instrument cluster. You can get it scanned for errors/live data streaming
All the lights in the cluster remain on even when the car is off! Have tried putting in a fiesta cluster, which is an exact fit, through my local mechanic and it worked fine. I mean the lights didn't show up with the fiesta cluster. This was done just to check if there's a problem with the the wiring elsewhere.
I'm now trying to source out a used cluster, and have had no luck till now.
At the moment, the car is with me and I'm disconnecting the cluster at night to avoid battery draining.

Ford quotes 23k for a new cluster

HR
humbleroadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2014, 09:08   #184
BHPian

Oh. Strange behavior.

Did you get instrument cluster and other module obd scan done to check for errors?

You need proper electrical garage guy.

Try sourcing from ebay UK. Its cheaper there and also can find salvaged parts.
devrajman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2014, 10:59   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Oh. Strange behavior.

Did you get instrument cluster and other module obd scan done to check for errors?

You need proper electrical garage guy.

Try sourcing from ebay UK. Its cheaper there and also can find salvaged parts.
Hello!!
Just to put up an update on the cluster issue, I managed to find an ex ford guy in Pune who now specializes in ford cars through his own workshop.
This meant taking the car to Pune. But he's managed to sort out the issue is 3k flat. There was a short in the cluster which he managed to repair. Now my eight year old baby is back online and I'm obviously loving it!

The car almost has vintage status now(!) But I'm keeping it as a side car. Maybe its just too hard to let go off!!

HR.
humbleroadster is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote