Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 25th February 2011, 20:22   #61
Team-BHP Support

Default re: Ford Fusion: Life Till 55K and beyond. EDIT: Sold!

Finally got clutch assembly changed after about 79K, in the current service (80K service). The car is still smooth, joy to drive and returns a handsome mileage both in city and on the highways.

Regular service costed about ~4K while clutch assembly replacement ~12.5K extra.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2011, 22:44   #62
Senior - BHPian

^^glad that your clutch lasted so long in Bangalore traffic,but 12.5k for the clutch assembly looks on thehigher side. What do you think? Or is It for the fusion?
You are not very active on the forum these days?
Fordmanchau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2011, 08:39   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
^^glad that your clutch lasted so long in Bangalore traffic,but 12.5k for the clutch assembly looks on thehigher side. What do you think? Or is It for the fusion?
You are not very active on the forum these days?
@FM Fusion spares were always high on cost. But for the driving pleasure it provides, I am still OK to part with the money.

Every day I think of a time, when I would need to change the car and to be frank, I still do not have an answer on what to replace it with! No solutions yet!
May be the fiesta hatch diesel 1.6!

I am hoping per @Mustang's words about it being released next year!

About being on forum, I am pretty much there online!

Last edited by ampere : 26th February 2011 at 08:40.
Old 27th February 2011, 10:29   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Finally got clutch assembly changed after about 79K, in the current service (80K service). The car is still smooth, joy to drive and
Sorry for the typo. Its 75K and not 79K.
Old 9th June 2011, 19:25   #65
BHPian

Hey Ampere,

I am new here @ Team-bhp. Have been following your thread for a long time! Nice thread you have here. This is my first post here.

I find from your thread that you got your wipers changed in July 2010.
How much did they cost you? Did you get them from Ford A.S.S or elsewhere? Did you consider any aftermarket (i.e. non Ford-A.S.S wipers at all)?

I need to get the wipers replaced in my '05 Fusion. The quote I am getting is around Rs.2400/- (All three wipers). I am not sure if the quote includes labor & taxes.

Regards,
Abhi
naut is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2011, 21:57   #66
BHPian

Hi!

We have a Ford Fusion 1.6petrol, owned by my mother, which we use as our long distance vehicle.

Great vehicle, superb high speed stability & sharp handling. Actually it was badly positioned and marketed by Ford. Is a mini Crossover/SUV. Pity they did not offer Auto Gearbox and safety standards like Airbags. We get 12.5kmpl in town & 18kmpl on highways.

No major maintenance problems. Services costs are ok. Recently am facing clutch judder problems on a random basis. Have changed master cylinder but problem persists. So may need to go in for a clutch replacement - current running is almost touching 50K.

Looking to replace the vehicle next ear with a mini SUV. Skoda YETI fits the bill but am scared of their *** reputation. Hopefully the Mitsubishi RVR will be launched by then.

Sridhar
sridhar-v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2011, 09:56   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi.kedlaya View Post
Hey Ampere,

I am new here @ Team-bhp. Have been following your thread for a long time! Nice thread you have here. This is my first post here.

I find from your thread that you got your wipers changed in July 2010.
How much did they cost you? Did you get them from Ford A.S.S or elsewhere? Did you consider any aftermarket (i.e. non Ford-A.S.S wipers at all)?

I need to get the wipers replaced in my '05 Fusion. The quote I am getting is around Rs.2400/- (All three wipers). I am not sure if the quote includes labor & taxes.

Regards,
Abhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
Hi!

We have a Ford Fusion 1.6petrol, owned by my mother, which we use as our long distance vehicle.

Great vehicle, superb high speed stability & sharp handling. Actually it was badly positioned and marketed by Ford. Is a mini Crossover/SUV. Pity they did not offer Auto Gearbox and safety standards like Airbags. We get 12.5kmpl in town & 18kmpl on highways.

No major maintenance problems. Services costs are ok. Recently am facing clutch judder problems on a random basis. Have changed master cylinder but problem persists. So may need to go in for a clutch replacement - current running is almost touching 50K.

Looking to replace the vehicle next ear with a mini SUV. Skoda YETI fits the bill but am scared of their *** reputation. Hopefully the Mitsubishi RVR will be launched by then.

Sridhar

Extremely sorry folks. Since I had updated this quite long back, did not realize you guys had posted.

@Abhi,
Now about the wipers. I dont think its that costly. The front wipers cost 250 each I think and the rear one was costly at about 600.
I dont remember at the top of my head what was the price (I may be way-off also!). But I think those were the approximate figures.

I almost change wiper blades every year, because in summer they become quite hard and dont clean properly.

About aftermarket: All I did was after 4 years, I got seat covers as the original got a bit faded. Those were simple ones only. Paid about 3-4K.
Since mine is Fusion + most things were already there. So did not bother to add anything extra.

All services been done at Metro Ford only they seem to be doing a decent job. Good pick-up and drop facility.

Instead of servicing every 10K, I service it every 6 months where the vehicle would have typically done 7K (1k per month and a long drive approx). My odo is touching 80K.

@Sridhar,

Welcome to the club of confused souls
Fusion has pampered us so much that now we cant think of a sedan nor a less powerful hatch. Great space, drive, handling, GC and power!
I have been immensely satisfied about its highway manners and in-city driving. Never even a single bottom scrapping till date.
Mileage what you quote is very similar for me as well.

(After seeing the new Fiesta spec I am loving the 1.6 Duratech even more! I mentioned this somewhere else as well)

Next year may be I plan to change and am looking at options. What you mention is exactly I have been debating. Yeti is out of budget. No signs of the RVR.
The only silver lining on the cloud seems to be the Renault Duster. Check out that thread and you will find a lot of like minded folks!
Old 23rd June 2011, 10:39   #68
Senior - BHPian

There is a no easy upgrade for Fusion. I still can't believe we sold our Fusion rather prematurely (at 48 K in 3 years) and even buying a another used one has crossed my mind. It is sad that car with so much talent hasn't succeeded and Ford (even other car makers) will never be inclined to bring another car similar to Fusion (which doesn't fall in to stereotypes).
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2011, 15:02   #69
Team-BHP Support

Ford had this press release they would releasing quite some models.
This has a UV/min-SUV on the rolls. Refer the following post:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1782229 (Ford India's future line up)

I was also hoping that in the coming year Ford releases Kuga or the Eco-Sport.
But Mustang mentioned that they have plan of only a D-Segment sedan for 2012 (Focus Sedan).

Refer:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2325489 (Ford India's future line up)

So I got pushed off on that front. Since I cannot delay the change, later than next year, I am running out of options.
Old 23rd June 2011, 22:12   #70
BHPian

@ Ampere

My problems started when I got a Santro AT in 2008. The sheer convinence of the auto gb means I am driving the Fusion only when our Driver is not there and I need to ferry 3 or more people. What the Heck- last Diwali I did Pune-Chennai-B'lore-Tirupathi-Pune in the Santro (3200 kms) as i did not want to change gears in the Fusion.

Another issue is that both my father & I are tall & our heads touch the rear seat roof in most of the newer models. Also need good GC & am a petrol head.

Before buying the Fusion I had emailed the Director Mktg- Ford India & offered him upto Rs. 1.5 lakhs extra for a Auto GB model. He agreed that the model is not properly positioned & that my observation that a lot of potential customers are walking away because of lack of airbags. He also assesed that the market would move rapidly to auto gearboxes but was hesitant to take the lead in introducing one. Strange are the ways of the MNCs. No wonder Hyundai is sweeping the market with auto-gearboxes in all its major segments now.

A lot of places I travel to in my holidays are old style India with narrow roads & limited parking. A vehicle dimension of 4000mm long & 1700 wide is ideal for this environment (fusion exactly!!!).There is a lot of potential for a proper mini SUV, with 4x4 & all safety features & ,in my case, auto gearbox.Let us hope somebody does something about this.

regards

Sridhar V
sridhar-v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 09:42   #71
Team-BHP Support

I agree your point on AT cars. But some how on highway, I never felt a great need for AT.
But in city its a sheer pleasure. I also an I10 AT.

But on highways I would still go what Fusion stands for besides the AT offering. Yes ABS/Airbags would have been good. When I got mine, they said I had to pay another 30K for ABS, which those guys suggested not needed. Since I was not well aware, I did not opt for it. (Otherwise I would have).

Hyundai though are running with AT gearboxes, it also remains to be noted that AT is still very standard across the segment uniformly. We still dont see AT version in hatches (diesel esp.)

But despite I would still opt for a car like Fusion, give the practicality it offers, Now the must-haves are ABS/Airbags and Diesel besides what Fusion offers. Hopefully Duster would cover that spectrum well.

Service:
Gave the car for another service. Brake pads and Battery mostly would be changed as per last service advise and a minor paint job to be done.
Old 24th June 2011, 10:24   #72
Team-BHP Support

Don't know how i missed this thread all this while! Nice ownership report and log of data.
The Fusion is a good car, which should have done a lot better for itself.

Probably, had it been equipped with the TDCi engine early in its life, it could have gotten itself a fair share of buyers.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 13:42   #73
Team-BHP Support

Expecting a fat bill!

Brake pedals to be changed, Battery to be Changed. Radiator coolant tank to be changed (there was a crack it seems).

About ~20-25K easily would be gone. But it is still worth all the money to help me give pleasant drives for some more times!

EDIT:
A high level break-up
12.5K for brake related; 4K radiator related, 3K for Battery and 1.5K for 3M cleaning.

Last edited by ampere : 24th June 2011 at 13:50.
Old 26th June 2011, 13:36   #74
Team-BHP Support

Done with another service. Changed battery, radiator coolant hose, coolant and the other items. Bill amount: 10K

More spending in store as they said that the throttle sensor was malfunctioning. They reprogrammed it for the time being. Maybe that explains why I have been noticing a reduction in FE for the last 2-3 months. Even on the highways (GQ) where I used see 18-20, it had come down to 14-16. Not sure though.
And the cost to replace? A whopping 9K

The brake assembly has to be changed. Will do it next month. It was not on stock. So both the sensor and brake parts were placed on order, So expecting another 20-25K worth part replacements.

But I guess its still worth it rather than spending ~10L on a new car, which you don't like to drive!
Old 6th July 2011, 09:05   #75
Team-BHP Support

Yesterday got the brake and the throttle sensor changed. Bill ~14K.

Break-up:
6K for the sensor and its wiring
4K for Brake pad and rotor
3K for labour

(plus tax).

What I heard was that the Fiesta/Fusion brakes are going through modification and hence its not easy to source these parts.The SA was forcing me to come ASAP as he said the brake parts can be claimed any vehicle which comes in.

So any Fusion/Fiesta owners contemplating brake change, need to watch out.