Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 1st November 2011, 22:07   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurum
I have a 2005 petrol fusion that I am looking to sell with 60 k on the odo. Single owner. Car perfectly serviced. A couple of recent easily repairable dents though. Haven't got a single quote close to 2 lakhs. I am a bit surprised at these numbers being quoted here.
Hi aurum where is your car
psathya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2011, 23:26   #122
BHPian

Default re: Ford Fusion: Life Till 55K and beyond. EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psathya View Post
Hi aurum where is your car
Sold, a few weeks back to a guy who works in my office complex.
Aurum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2011, 19:56   #123
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurum View Post
Its difficult to let go something in a good condition! Whatever were my mileage issues were resolved, where on a good NH with speeds around 80-90,
I managed about 18.5 kmpl.

Odo reading hitting almost 85K now.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2011, 10:03   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
Hi Ampere, it's possible to repair the window switch DIY way. Pretty simple actually.
Drive safe.
Used this method to fix the power window (up) switch of my Dad's Fusion today. It had conked, and wasn't going up or down. Fortunately was stuck in the Up position, so wasn't an emergency.

Yesterday we took it to a local repair guy who worsened the situation and said we'd have to get it replaced by Ford. Told him to climb a tree, cos I remembered this thread.

Checked it and completed the fix this morning. Also swapped the copper strip with one of the rear ones because those were in near-pristine condition. Front one is working like a charm, though the rear one is a little hyper sensitive. Big deal, don't use it much anyway.

Many thanks, Shubh! And thanks for this thread, Ampere This is turning into a complete guide to Fusion ownership
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2011, 18:16   #125
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Many thanks, Shubh! And thanks for this thread, Ampere This is turning into a complete guide to Fusion ownership

By the time Shubh had mentioned his DIY, I had already changed! So I could not try it!
Finally the FE is back to normal on the highways. City drives are smooth and its 85K on the odo.

Initially I had a thought that the car may end up with more wear and tear with reducing FE by
next year, when I was planning to change. But looks like that is not going to be the case.
I can continue this a bit more, while the compact X-Over product segment stabilizes.
Old 9th November 2011, 13:18   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurum View Post
Glad to hear you sold it. What is the replacement? Also, if you feel okay with it, can you share the price you actually got?
frequentflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2011, 22:03   #127
BHPian

Hi Fusion Lovers

I have seen a FF 1.6, with 75 K on the odometer. Seller wants 1.85.

Car is in good condition with three problems.
1. Steering wheel is making a squealing noise when turned to extremes. Seller claims question of hydraulic oil.

2. Starter motor makes a sound after vehicle starts. Seller claims its minor issue.

3. Power window moving very slowly. Seller claims requirement of some lubrication.

Any suggestions / Recommendations.
Sathya
psathya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2011, 23:25   #128
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Do check the mileage the owner gets. Though I get decent numbers, but I think not
all Fusion owners would rake in such numbers.

The mileage also is an indicator of how well the car has been maintained and serviced.

Quote:
1. Steering wheel is making a squealing noise when turned to extremes. Seller claims question of hydraulic oil.
I heard squealing only when I jerk the steering very fast.
And that too it happens very rarely.

Quote:
2. Starter motor makes a sound after vehicle starts. Seller claims its minor
issue.
3. Power window moving very slowly. Seller claims requirement of some lubrication.
Not aware of the above issues. Never felt them.

Last edited by ampere : 9th November 2011 at 23:26.
Old 9th November 2011, 23:57   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psathya
Hi Fusion Lovers

2. Starter motor makes a sound after vehicle starts. Seller claims its minor issue.

Sathya
To add to what Ampere has said, take the car to a Ford Service centre and check the service history. That will give you a good idea of how the car has been maintained. Would also suggest getting them to check the starter motor and steering systems. The windows shouldn't be a major issue, I think.

I've never heard any odd noises from the steering of my father's car other than the normal HPS sounds, which are also very muted when compared to that of my Spark.

Separately, Ampere. Have you noticed that the front suspension seems to have a relatively short travel? Specifically when crossing the new flat topped speed breakers. The front end seems to hit the bottom of travel, while the rear doesn't even when loaded. We've had the front struts changed, and that has made a major improvement. Just checking if that is the normal characteristic of the car or if it is something specific to my father's.
VeluM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2011, 00:16   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Fusion Lovers

Sathya
1.85 is a good price. Buy it with any problems it may have at 75k. It will go another 50k at least before u want to sell and still get you over 1.25 back on resale. The only problem I am facing at 56k is the front driver window does not come down and I need to change the whole set of buttons for that.
Old 10th November 2011, 00:20   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frequentflyer
The only problem I am facing at 56k is the front driver window does not come down and I need to change the whole set of buttons for that.
Check out the DIY fix that was posted near the beginning of this thread, might save you a couple of thousand.
VeluM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2011, 00:29   #132
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Separately, Ampere. Have you noticed that the front suspension seems to have a relatively short travel? Specifically when crossing the new flat topped speed breakers. The front end seems to hit the bottom of travel, while the rear doesn't even when loaded. We've had the front struts changed, and that has made a major improvement. Just checking if that is the normal characteristic of the car or if it is something specific to my father's.
Once even I felt that. From then on I am careful. In most of the distances I have done,
the car is never loaded. Hence such cases have very rarely repeated for me.
Only thing I do it while taking car on the hump, ensure the front travel is a bit smoother/softer compared to the rear wheel.
That way I most avoid the problem (In most cases the care any way the car is not loaded most of the times)

Quote:
Check out the DIY fix that was posted near the beginning of this thread, might save you a couple of thousand.
But that would be for the electronics of the switch right? I think @FF is referring about the glass assembly itself not being smooth.
Correct me if I am wrong guys.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2011, 01:05   #133
BHPian

The electronic switch assembly - only the front driver glass winding is a problem...that too to bring the glass down!
Old 12th November 2011, 08:47   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frequentflyer
The electronic switch assembly - only the front driver glass winding is a problem...that too to bring the glass down!
Yup. Try this:

Window Switch Repair - Ford Fusion | Das's Roadblog

Let us know if it works
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2011, 22:56   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Yup. Try this:

Window Switch Repair - Ford Fusion | Das's Roadblog

Let us know if it works

Thanks VeluM. I will certainly try it just before I take the car for replacing the switch. Then there will be no down-side risk!