Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 1st June 2010, 12:29   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
WOW !
That looks neat .
So you called up these number 9663583982/9740925031 and booked the appointment.
Do they come on week days also or only on weekends ?
Anyways will give it a try .
Cheers
they work all days , 8 am is the first appointment you just need to book one day in advance .
ms001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2010, 12:37   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
they work all days , 8 am is the first appointment you just need to book one day in advance .
Thats kool, if they can come in the early hours.
Any idea where are these guys based out of , i mean area.

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2010, 14:00   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Thats kool, if they can come in the early hours.
Any idea where are these guys based out of , i mean area.

Cheers
not sure about the exact location but i think they are somewhere near yeshwantpur, its better you ask him directly
Old 12th July 2010, 15:43   #94
BANNED

hi Ms001.
Just wanted to know , You had once considered to fit in HRS 98+100 PCD alloys on your Punto .
Any updates. Have u considered buying it or what is the reason you have ruled it out
motor spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2010, 15:53   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor spirit View Post
hi Ms001.
Just wanted to know , You had once considered to fit in HRS 98+100 PCD alloys on your Punto .
Any updates. Have u considered buying it or what is the reason you have ruled it out
i saw the alloy at hot tracks bangalore the finish and build is good,
I did not get it at that time as i went abroad for sometime and after coming back never really got the time to get it fitted, my OE tires have now done 11k kms, I am thinking of getting the alloys once the original tires run out.

there is no problem with the HRS alloys , you can go for them.
Old 15th September 2010, 18:34   #96
BHPian

I am thinking of getting the alloys once the original tires run out.

Hi MS, I am also planning to get Punto MJD Active. Can you please let me know the details about the following:

1. Central & Remote locking: Possibility, Price.
2. Braking performance (as there is no ABS in Active variant)
3. Painting of ORVMS and B Pillar: Price quoted, Possibility (Prerana morors, lalbagh are saying that they won't do it).
4. Fog lamps: Apart from looks aspect..would you recommend it..?
5. Rear wiper: Can this be fixed at the Dealer for Active variant..?

Many Thanks in advance.
vidyasagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2010, 08:53   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyasagar View Post
I am thinking of getting the alloys once the original tires run out.

Hi MS, I am also planning to get Punto MJD Active. Can you please let me know the details about the following:

1. Central & Remote locking: Possibility, Price.
2. Braking performance (as there is no ABS in Active variant)
3. Painting of ORVMS and B Pillar: Price quoted, Possibility (Prerana morors, lalbagh are saying that they won't do it).
4. Fog lamps: Apart from looks aspect..would you recommend it..?
5. Rear wiper: Can this be fixed at the Dealer for Active variant..?

Many Thanks in advance.
1. Central & Remote locking: Possibility, Price. --- i got it form prerana motors for 4400 Rs
2. Braking performance (as there is no ABS in Active variant) -- braking performance is good nothing to worry about.
3. Painting of ORVMS and B Pillar: Price quoted, Possibility (Prerana morors, lalbagh are saying that they won't do it).B pillars can be done at any number plate shop for 100 odd rs, door handles and ORVM would cost you 1550 bucks at KHT motors
4. Fog lamps: Apart from looks aspect..would you recommend it..? -- yes it is usefull in low light and rainy conditions
5. Rear wiper: Can this be fixed at the Dealer for Active variant..? -- it cant be done anywhere
Old 5th October 2010, 12:28   #98
BHPian

Smile 1 year ~ 14000 kms update

Its been a year and a month since i got the car.Here are few updates from my side.

Went for second service at KHT motors after hearing great reviews from a lot of people.And i can say with confidence that KHT is the best fiat service center in bangalore.

Left the car around 9:30 am on a weekday which was a public holiday.
I had a few concerns
  • Thud sound form the rear left side while going over humps at high speed
  • squeking noise from front passenger seat
  • left side power window needed some greasing
  • tire rotation

All issues were sorted out to my satisfaction, oil,air filter, fuel filer, ac pollen filter were replace bill was approx rs 5000.

the car for ready for delivery at 3 pm . all in a great experience with the so called "horrific fiat A.S.S."

I am satisfied with my purchase and even if i had a choice to go back in time and opt for a car again .I would happily pick up a punto may be a higher variant .

Some myths about punto

1) plastics falling off -- no such issue the quality is as per market standard
2) huge truck like turning radius , pain in the city -- It is manageable , no issues here.
3)Worst *** in the industry -- no issues faced, in fact it is excellent
4) Screwed up Ergonomics -- i love the feel, position of all controls including the meaty steering , controls, only negative is no proper bottle holder.
5)Boom Above 2500rpm -- yes initially it was there but as soon it crossed 10k kms it had completely gone, infact the engine has become butter smooth.
6)Rear suspension Thud -- resolved during 1 year service
7)Space at rear -- at par/ better than most cars int he segment , seats 3 adults easily.

Its a great car and i am happy with it.

Last edited by ms001 : 5th October 2010 at 12:38.
Old 5th October 2010, 13:53   #99
BHPian

ms001, Congrats on your milestone and you are pretty much clocking miles the same way as I do. My 2nd service is due in the next two weeks and I have clocked exactly 13800 kms as well. My experience is exactly as the seven points you have indicated in your above post with the exception of point 6.

I never knew the "thud" sound when going over speed breakers fast can be corrected. I thought this is common for all puntos. Thanks for indicting this and I will ask the service to correct it when I give it for 2nd service.

The best part is the engine refinement and smoothness that is felt as we clock more miles. Most people complain sluggish engine after test drives. Infact I felt the same when I took delivery of the car. But this completely changed after about two weeks and it still continues to get better with time and miles.

Happy motoring.
gopikb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 14:05   #100
BHPian

Nice to hear a good review of FIAT service. Just hoping more effort is taken by more dealers to provide good service. This will only increase their revenue as well.

Good going ms001. Keep updating.
krish3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 14:12   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Nice to hear a good review of FIAT service. Just hoping more effort is taken by more dealers to provide good service. This will only increase their revenue as well.

Good going ms001. Keep updating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
ms001, Congrats on your milestone and you are pretty much clocking miles the same way as I do. My 2nd service is due in the next two weeks and I have clocked exactly 13800 kms as well. My experience is exactly as the seven points you have indicated in your above post with the exception of point 6.

I never knew the "thud" sound when going over speed breakers fast can be corrected. I thought this is common for all puntos. Thanks for indicting this and I will ask the service to correct it when I give it for 2nd service.

The best part is the engine refinement and smoothness that is felt as we clock more miles. Most people complain sluggish engine after test drives. Infact I felt the same when I took delivery of the car. But this completely changed after about two weeks and it still continues to get better with time and miles.

Happy motoring.

Thanks Krish and Gopi.

I agree with you Gopi , the engine has become much more smoother and eager to be pushed after crossing a few thousand kms .
Old 5th October 2010, 17:27   #102
BHPian

Can you please explain what exactly was done to solve the issue of thump from left rear side. i dont think that this can be corrected. if it indeed can be corrected that would be a dream come true for all Punto owners
Soccerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 19:56   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
Can you please explain what exactly was done to solve the issue of thump from left rear side. i dont think that this can be corrected. if it indeed can be corrected that would be a dream come true for all Punto owners
i am not very sure but in the bill it is mentioned as suspension un mount and re-installation
Old 5th October 2010, 20:17   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
i am not very sure but in the bill it is mentioned as suspension un mount and re-installation
Eagerly waiting on your input on this. Almost everyone has said that it can't be done away with.
download2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 20:50   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Eagerly waiting on your input on this. Almost everyone has said that it can't be done away with.
There is no question of it cant be done . As it already fixed in my car !
I waited for one month to be completely sure that the problem is no longer present . I tried all roads/humps where the sound used come, but now it is no longer happening , you can contact KHT motors service center to check how exactly they fixed it.

EDIT : Prerana motors was not able to resolve it during first service, they mentioned the same thing , it is present in all puntos .I don't think they even attempted to fix the issue.

Last edited by ms001 : 5th October 2010 at 20:53.