Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2009, 13:39   #46
BHPian
 
sajands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 831
Thanked: 135 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
The grill has come out really well. Custom job?
I feel a Hyundai emblem in the middle will enhance the looks.
Thanks live2drive, custom job done all thanks to condor and blueraven. We did try looking at the emblem in the center but some how it spolied the looks and wanted to veran to look more aggressive
sajands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2009, 17:13   #47
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,656
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Congratulation on completing happy one year with your car. Wish you more to come. Any problems faced till date?

Last edited by rjvora_2000 : 15th December 2009 at 17:18.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2009, 22:09   #48
BHPian
 
sajands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 831
Thanked: 135 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Congratulation on completing happy one year with your car. Wish you more to come. Any problems faced till date?
Hi rjvora_2000, Thanks...looking forward to longer miles So far, touch wood no problems with the car, its been a year's smooth sailing.
sajands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 08:54   #49
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,656
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Hi rjvora_2000, Thanks...looking forward to longer miles So far, touch wood no problems with the car, its been a year's smooth sailing.
I drive the same car and I know that!!! "This is the best car as far as performance goes."
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 18:33   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
Ramsagar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore-Nellore
Posts: 1,328
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

The mods look good. Is it a gift for the first anniversary.
How much did the spoiler lip & front grill cost & form where did you get them?
How abt alloys dude?
Ramsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009, 22:08   #51
BHPian
 
sajands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 831
Thanked: 135 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
The mods look good. Is it a gift for the first anniversary.
How much did the spoiler lip & front grill cost & form where did you get them?
How abt alloys dude?
thanks Ramsagar, It's my gift to my beast spoiler and grill costed me 6k in total. Soruced it from our own fellow bhpian Satya a.k.a. blueraven.

Alloys......well, not now, maybe 4 month's time down the lane.
sajands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2009, 19:25   #52
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 887
Thanked: 281 Times
Default

I have done 76000k till now.Regular service every 7000k.Problems from 48000k.Changed clutch front headlamps wiper blades brake pads front .Fan belt change some noise from engine, changed pulley sound did not disappear so this time changed the belt timer.It seems the newer versions of Verna have two timers for the belt mine older version so only one timer for the belt.Pending rear brake pads for change in 3000k.I have regular long run to districts and I still clock 180kms/hr on express highways beyond that the vehicle is not controllable. Performance satisfactory till now. Mileage 14-15 on city and 16 on highways.
gajadonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2009, 09:08   #53
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,656
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
I have done 76000k till now.Regular service every 7000k.Problems from 48000k.Changed clutch front headlamps wiper blades brake pads front .Fan belt change some noise from engine, changed pulley sound did not disappear so this time changed the belt timer.It seems the newer versions of Verna have two timers for the belt mine older version so only one timer for the belt.Pending rear brake pads for change in 3000k.I have regular long run to districts and I still clock 180kms/hr on express highways beyond that the vehicle is not controllable. Performance satisfactory till now. Mileage 14-15 on city and 16 on highways.
Wow man!!! 180kms/hr why you need to go more then this...
Mileage can be much more (I get 28 on highways) if you reduce the speed.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2009, 12:58   #54
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 172
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

[QUOTE
Mileage can be much more (I get 28 on highways) if you reduce the speed.[/quote]

28.. are you kidding , I am planning a dzire over verna because I received a feedback that verna gives 16 ~ 18 Max Mileage...
akaushik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2009, 16:01   #55
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,656
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaushik View Post
[QUOTE
Mileage can be much more (I get 28 on highways) if you reduce the speed.
28.. are you kidding , I am planning a dzire over verna because I received a feedback that verna gives 16 ~ 18 Max Mileage...[/quote]

Not kidding sirji I am dam sure on this one Yes 28 on highway with A/C. I stay in the range of 70 to 90.

Verna is the best.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2009, 16:15   #56
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 887
Thanked: 281 Times
Default

If I maintain between 100-120kms/hr the mileage is between 18-20km/l.I drive 180kms/hr only when the highway is clear and I can see atleast 2kms of the road, my point was no vibration in the car even at high speeds.
gajadonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 09:21   #57
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 172
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
28.. are you kidding , I am planning a dzire over verna because I received a feedback that verna gives 16 ~ 18 Max Mileage...
Not kidding sirji I am dam sure on this one Yes 28 on highway with A/C. I stay in the range of 70 to 90.

Verna is the best.[/quote]

Thanks dude you made me again to think that I should go ahead and book verna instead of dzire
akaushik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 18:23   #58
Senior - BHPian
 
rjvora_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai/Mulund
Posts: 1,656
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaushik View Post
Thanks dude you made me again to think that I should go ahead and book verna instead of dzire
Go for Verna it's the best driven car on road to day.
rjvora_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 00:39   #59
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Here I am again waking up an old thread of mine.

This is the new avatar of my beast.
The grill has come out really well, even I am planning to get one done like that. Can I have the details of the custom job
Splendor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2010, 12:53   #60
BHPian
 
sajands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 831
Thanked: 135 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splendor View Post
The grill has come out really well, even I am planning to get one done like that. Can I have the details of the custom job
Hi Splendor,

Sorry for the delay inb reply, I got the grill done by Satya, AKA BlueRaven316. Will PM you his number so that you can get more details on the same.

What ride do you own???
sajands is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VW Vento 1.5L Diesel DSG Comfortline (Automatic) - The Roadrunner rejeen Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 78 22nd October 2017 11:40
Diesel Cars: Down, down, down! Market share = 34% S2!!! The Indian Car Scene 66 2nd June 2016 16:21
My Roadrunner is here!! i20 CRDi Asta(O) EDIT: 20,000kms Update JayD Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 188 9th August 2011 13:50
Octavia RS - 20000kms ownership experience da MotorHead Long-Term Ownership Reviews 62 6th October 2006 14:55


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:41.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks