Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 10th April 2011, 21:45   #286
BHPian

Default Re: Cara Mia Fiat Linea!

And yea my car with body colored parking sensors.
Attached Thumbnails
Cara Mia Fiat Linea!-p3302830.jpg  

Naparajito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2011, 22:36   #287
BHPian

Question Re: Cara Mia Fiat Linea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Yesterday, Cara Mia Fiat Linea had suffered from the most dreaded and notorious niggle: the rear left quarter glass beading chromium strip had opened up at one end, but remained intact at the other.
Ravi sir,
Any specific reasons why this happened? Was it some miscreants?
AvinashKeezh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2011, 10:16   #288
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naparajito View Post
I'm using ECODRIVE too but it shows 59 in Bangalore traffic. I got 77 in highway though, which it shows best journey.
In case of my Linea, it is just the reverse. I get eco index of 69 in highway driving usually and 75 in Bangalore city traffic!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashKeezh View Post
Any specific reasons why this happened? Was it some miscreants?
I am not sure about miscreants. I noticed it when I washed my Linea.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2011, 11:29   #289

Default My Linea Visits Chennai Again

Cara Mia Fiat Linea visited Chennai again during the last weekend. We returned to Bangalore home just before the last midnight.

I tested my Linea's upgraded AC in the scorching heat of Chennai. I felt that the upgraded AC is definitely more efficient as compared to its predecessor. Similarly, the clutch with new CSC [steel] was also smoother. My Linea returned a FE of 15 km/l of petrol with ACC at 18 deg C for the entire trip with 3 persons on board.
Cara Mia Fiat Linea!-18042011193.jpg
Here are some photographs clicked at Marina beach and my Chennai home
Cara Mia Fiat Linea!-linea-marina.jpgCara Mia Fiat Linea!-linea-chennaihome.jpg
Cara Mia Fiat Linea!-linea-chennaihome2.jpg
My Linea is scheduled to visit Kerala during the next long weekend.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 18th April 2011 at 11:31.
Old 19th April 2011, 10:57   #290
BHPian

Nice review and regular updates from you are really helpfull. You have of become an ambassador for Linea. Also an example on what Team-BHP represents.
dsr_rpm is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2011, 11:43   #291
Senior - BHPian

Really like the thread, with consistent updates and nice photos!

Can we expect a smaller travelogue on this thread from the Kerala drive?

EDIT: Also, everyone always claims that the NA 1.4 Unit in your Linea feels underpowered! What's your take on it? On highway drives? Overtaking?

Cheers!

Last edited by anekho : 19th April 2011 at 12:02.
anekho is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2011, 21:04   #292
BHPian

Anekho, those who claim 1.4 NA is underpowered, haven't owned or driven it. Just like Ravi, for last 19-20 months, I Linea 1.4 NA has been a pleasure to own and drive.

Highway driving and overtaking are easy. For overtaking, getting caught in the higher gear at lower speed can make it laborious (Fifth gear pulls from 35kmph onwards without stalling or even a hint of stalling). Be in correct rev band, and all maneuvers can be done nicely.
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2011, 13:16   #293

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsr_rpm View Post
Nice review and regular updates from you are really helpfull. You have of become an ambassador for Linea. Also an example on what Team-BHP represents.
Thanks a lot, dsr_rpm, for the compliments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Really like the thread, with consistent updates and nice photos! Can we expect a smaller travelogue on this thread from the Kerala drive?
Thank you, anekho, for nice words. Sure. Kerala is the eleventh state my Linea is going to visit! Yesterday, I topped up the engine oil, coolant and windshield cleaning fluid. Today, I washed my Linea. We are scheduled to leave my Bangalore home by 3 am on Friday to Kochi.
Quote:
everyone always claims that the NA 1.4 Unit in your Linea feels underpowered! What's your take on it? On highway drives? Overtaking?
I usually drive from my Basaveswara Nagar [Bangalore] home to my Royapettah [Chennai] home within 6 hours. My Linea usually overtakes other vehicles easily in the 5th overdrive mode. Kapil has explained it nicely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Highway driving and overtaking are easy. Be in correct rev band, and all maneuvers can be done nicely.
You said it, Kapil!
Old 20th April 2011, 14:10   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Anekho, those who claim 1.4 NA is underpowered, haven't owned or driven it. Just like Ravi, for last 19-20 months, I Linea 1.4 NA has been a pleasure to own and drive.

Highway driving and overtaking are easy. For overtaking, getting caught in the higher gear at lower speed can make it laborious (Fifth gear pulls from 35kmph onwards without stalling or even a hint of stalling). Be in correct rev band, and all maneuvers can be done nicely.
Thank you! Really reassuring to hear it from long term owners like yourself and J.Ravi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Thank you, anekho, for nice words. Sure. Kerala is the eleventh state my Linea is going to visit! Yesterday, I topped up the engine oil, coolant and windshield cleaning fluid. Today, I washed my Linea. We are scheduled to leave my Bangalore home by 3 am on Friday to Kochi.

I usually drive from my Basaveswara Nagar [Bangalore] home to my Royapettah [Chennai] home within 6 hours. My Linea usually overtakes other vehicles easily in the 5th overdrive mode. Kapil has explained it nicely.
Thank you for the reply, sir! Looking forward to more pics of your Linea.
anekho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2011, 14:50   #295
BHPian

Ravi sir.. nice to read your on going review. You seem to be using the full potential of the Linea cruising on the highways. Waiting to read more.
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2011, 15:09   #296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Ravi sir.. nice to read your on going review. You seem to be using the full potential of the Linea cruising on the highways. Waiting to read more.
Thanks, Palio_2005, for kind words. I still have miles to go to places like Palitana, Gujarat, Amritsar/Jalianwala Bagh/Wagah border, Punjab, etc., which I propose to do it with my Linea within a couple of years.
Old 20th April 2011, 15:27   #297
BHPian

Ravi Sir,

Forgive my ignorance, being a new owner of a feature packed vehicle like this I am yet to figure out all of them,

can you pls let me know if the media player display can be shown on the AV screen apart from the MID,

I find it really difficult to chose songs on behalf of my better half!

Thanks in advance

Regards
Suvrajit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2011, 15:44   #298
BHPian

Also I am getting around 10 KMPL in city driving aorund in Bangy! I was hoping to get more as experienced by the distinguished TBHPians!!

Any suggestions?
Suvrajit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2011, 18:47   #299

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suvrajit View Post
can you pls let me know if the media player display can be shown on the AV screen apart from the MID
No. That is not possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suvrajit View Post
I am getting around 10 KMPL in city driving aorund in Bangy! Any suggestions?
My Linea 1.4 FIRE is giving that much of FE in Bangalore with ACC @ 18 deg C always. Your Linea 1.3 MJD should return more FE in city, I think. Ensure specified air pressure in all the tyres. Driving style has a bearing on FE to a great extent. Some tips are given in Linea owner's handbook to improve FE:
Cara Mia Fiat Linea!-fe.jpg
Old 26th April 2011, 16:43   #300

Default Photographs Clicked During My Kerala Trip

Here are some photographs clicked during my Kerala trip. The route details of the trip are available in my post#2267 here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...erala-152.html

My MapMyIndia [MMI] Lx130 navigator recommended this route: Bangalore-Maddur-Kollegala-Chamrajnagar-Sathyamangalam-Coimbatore-Kochi. The distance from my home to The Senate, Kochi [where we had stayed] was shown as 504 km and the expected time of arrival as 2:38 pm. I had decided to follow MMI's recommendation in letter and spirit.
Name:  MMI route.JPG
Views: 1193
Size:  118.6 KBName:  MMI guide.JPG
Views: 1147
Size:  115.5 KB
We left our Basaveswara Nagar home a few minutes after 3:00 am.
Name:  TimeToStart.JPG
Views: 1197
Size:  73.3 KB
Our first break was at Dimbum for about 10 minutes for clicking some nice photographs. Then, we halted at Bannari Mariamman temple for about 30 minutes for darshan. Later, we breakfasted at Hotel Annapoorna, Ramakrishna Hospital, Coimbatore, for about 1 hour. Afterwards, our Linea had its tankful of petrol at HP COCO retail outlet at Avinashi Road and continued our journey.

We reached The Senate, Ernakulam, at 2:30 pm. Here are some vital statistics of Cara Mia Fiat Linea. As against 504 km, the distance shown by MMI, my Linea's MID recorded 512.7 km. FE of 13.3 kmpl, including Dimbum Ghat section and Coimbatore/Kochi city traffic, was also great.
Name:  FE.JPG
Views: 1149
Size:  147.3 KBName:  ActualDistance.JPG
Views: 1126
Size:  155.0 KB
Name:  JourneyTime.JPG
Views: 1133
Size:  155.7 KBName:  AvSpeed.JPG
Views: 1141
Size:  156.9 KB
More photograpahs are in the pipeline.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 26th April 2011 at 16:56.