Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 18th September 2011, 17:59   #406
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Default Re: Cara Mia Fiat Linea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Wasn't there any other bunk enroute further or were you running the risk of drying up the fuel tank?
That was the only petrol pump available at Kargil. The next pump was after 150 km, it seemed. I didn't want to risk running out of fuel en route although my Linea had half-tankful at that time with an average fuel consumption of 11.7 kmpl. Hence, I waited and had tankful of petrol for my Linea at Kargil, which is very peaceful now.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2011, 23:49   #407
Senior - BHPian

Today being a Sunday, I managed to go through each & every post in this thread Ravi, a day well spent. I really appreciate the passion you have for your car. I don't know what profession you are into, but the time you can manage to plan all your long trips is really admirable, need to take a lesson or two from you.

I sincerely wish you complete your Leh expedition successfully & share with us your rich experiences. Looking forward for the next update.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 10:34   #408
Senior - BHPian

@J.Ravi

Congratulations on reaching the destination! It must have been one heck of a journey. How long did you take to reach the destination starting from your place in Bangalore?

How is the situation in Sri Nagar, Kargil and other place? Were you able to cruise smoothly or were you stopped at many place for security checks? How is the food availability along the route?

I salute your passion and resolve. Looking forward for more.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 17:33   #409
BHPian

Mr Ravi,
I WONDER YOUR 'FANTASTIC' IS THE FIRST LINEA 'ON TOP OF THE WORLD'?
I didnt see any travelogue in Tbhp or other Forums on any Linea travelogue to Leh...

Where are you now, in Leh?
I am expecting a loooooooooooooooong travelogue, with sector to sector experiences: Good and Bad.
I hope no effect of Earth Quake in that area, anyway take care and reach home safe...
Sunney is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 17:56   #410
BHPian

Wink Re: Cara Mia Fiat Linea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaymugur View Post

with the kms you are munching in your linea your next car has to be a DIESEL FIAT

FIAT cars never tire you,be it UNO,PALIO,PUNTO or a LINEA.
Exactly...
At diff. of around Rs.25, it burns a hole on the pocket. IMPORTANTLY there is no much diff. between Linea petrol and Diesel, for that matter all modern Diesel cars are equal or better than petrols. Slight advantage on the starting 0 to 100, but nobody take Linea to a race !

I got 21kms/ltr Diesel on my recent drive to Hampi.

Last edited by Sunney : 19th September 2011 at 18:00.
Sunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 18:12   #411

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
I don't know what profession you are into
I am a retired civil engineer. That's why I have plenty of time at my disposal!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
How long did you take to reach the destination starting from your place in Bangalore? How is the situation in Sri Nagar, Kargil and other place? Were you able to cruise smoothly or were you stopped at many place for security checks? How is the food availability along the route?
We started from Chennai on 9 Sep 2011 and reached Leh on 17 Sep 2011. J&K is peaceful now. Only at the border of Punjab and J&K, security officials stopped my car and asked about myself. That person asked me if I was a retired army official! When I said who I am, he allowed me to proceed. We usually visit Punjabi Vaishno Dhaba for delicious vegetarian food.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunney View Post
Where are you now, in Leh?
We are now at Padma Hotel & Guest House, Leh.

Leh Expedition Update

At last, my Linea drove on the highest motorable road in the world at Khardung La.
Name:  LineaKhardungLa.jpg
Views: 907
Size:  243.9 KB Name:  LineakhardungLa2.jpg
Views: 915
Size:  253.8 KB
J.Ravi is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 18:26   #412
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic , you FTA Linea is really on top of the world (in real sense) & yes some pictures at last. The beauty is gleaming in bright sunlight & soaking in the snow of the Himalayas

How long do you intend to stay in Leh? How is the climate over there? BTW driving at such high altitudes in a Naturally Aspirated Linea, did she run out of breath any point in time. A T-Jet would be an ideal drive at such high altitudes, any thoughts?

Last edited by AutoIndian : 19th September 2011 at 18:28.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 18:52   #413
BHPian

And if you are writing a blog, better do it fast preferably in between the travel itself.
Or may forget many interesting and hilarious incidents, like the one at my Hampi trip, when a wily Shepard who hurriedly crowded his sheep deliberately on the 6 feet village road from Pattadakkalu to Badami to create an 'accident' to rip off tourist-drivers ! (I resist paying for his sheep happened 'rubbing' on sides of my car, even though he created a drama on the road. Later villagers told I am the first stranger who didnt succumb to him...)
Old 20th September 2011, 22:44   #414

Leh Expedition Update

Left Leh at 4:05 am and reached Hotel Mirage, Srinagar, at 10:15 pm today including visit to Drass War Memorial, some stoppages by BRO for road maintenance and traffic jam at Zozilla Pass due to a truck getting stuck at a U bend.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 20th September 2011 at 22:47.
Old 21st September 2011, 10:01   #415
Senior - BHPian

So you have started your return journey? BTW, did you feel any tremours of the recent earthquake?

Wishing you all the best for the rest of the journey!
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2011, 21:01   #416

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
So you have started your return journey? BTW, did you feel any tremours of the recent earthquake?
Yes, ajay_satpute. We will be leaving for Chandigarh tomorrow at 4 am. J&K has not been affected by the recent earthquake. We [myself, my wife and my Linea] are hale, hearty and safe.
Old 21st September 2011, 21:17   #417
h14
BHPian

Sir, great to know that all three of you are doing good! Wishing you all the very best for your return journey.

Eagerly awaiting your travelogue
h14 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2011, 21:17   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Yes, ajay_satpute. We will be leaving for Chandigarh tomorrow at 4 am. J&K has not been affected by the recent earthquake. We [myself, my wife and my Linea] are hale, hearty and safe.
Good to know Ravi that you & your family (Linea included) are safe. Since the epicenter of the quake was North East, the part you are traveling seems to be quite unaffected.

I am just wondering how can you start so early in the mornings. No doubts early starts are good to avoid the city traffic, but then how do you manage your sleep (I hope you are sleeping at least 6-7 hours a day).
AutoIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2011, 18:58   #419
BHPian

He is a drivaholic(like few of us)...
Driving is our first preference: food, shelter, even dress is secondary.

We sleep, but just enough to drive, not more. (After 40, five hrs. sound sleep is enough to be fresh...).

Yeah, we all have to appreciate such souls...

Last edited by Sunney : 22nd September 2011 at 18:59.
Old 22nd September 2011, 22:41   #420

Leh Expedition Update

Today, I did Srinagar to Chandigarh. We had left Srinagar at 4:10 am and reached Chandigarh at 9:30 pm including breaks for breakfast [dry fruits+nuts+fruit juice], lunch [at Vaishno Dhaba near Samba] and dinner [at Haveli near Jalandhar] and stoppage at manned railway level crossing across NH 21.