Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 23rd February 2012, 15:53   #526
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Default Re: Cara Mia Fiat Linea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
What is that small yellow plastic part?
It is the handle as rightly pointed out by kodivasanth. It was supplied detached. I fixed and bolted it on the body.
Quote:
the pressure valve lever or both?
The pressure valve screw is located just below the movable lever position. The same lever is to be used to close and open the pressure valve.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2012, 13:41   #527

Default Re: My Linea Gets Hydraulic Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Tomorrow, I shall fit the spare wheel using the new jack and repair the puncture.
I tried to repair the punctured tyre myself, but in vain. I closely examined the tyre surface for any nails, but there was none. However, I removed two small bits of metallic pieces which got stuck to the tyre surface superficially. Then I poured water on the tyre surface to check for leaking air. But, there was none. So, today, I drove to the neighbourhood puncturewalla. He pressurised the tyre first to more than 50 psi and used soap water to check for air leakage. Then, he identified the leakage spot as where the alloy rim grips the tyre beads. Tiny air bubbles were seen coming out of the tyre. He deflated the tyre. When the tyre beads went down, a small white sticker was seen pasted on the surface. He removed that culprit sticker, inflated the tyre and checked it again using the soap water. Wow. No leakage of air. Got it inflated to 45 psi and put it in the spare wheel well. I paid Rs 30 for labour charges. How that damn sticker had come at that sensitive spot and why there was no air leakage earlier..these were million-dollar questions, for which I really don't know the answer.
J.Ravi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2012, 15:04   #528
Senior - BHPian

Way to go Ravi Sir . Since last one year I have stopped going to any tyre puncture repair shop after I was royally screwed by a guy for Rs 650/- (to remove 3 punctures & replace the damaged tyre valve (more details over here ---> message #21 --> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2234960). Since then I have removed about 3 punctures myself @ home with the help of tubeless tyre puncture repair kit & I have sworn never ever to visit a puncture repair shop. Since this incidence I started keeping 2 spare valves in my car (each costed just Rs 40/-). I advise everyone to keep at least 2 spare valves in their cars.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2012, 10:04   #529

Default Blue&Me Updated To v 5.6

Just a few minutes ago, my Linea had her Blue&Me updated from v 5.5 to v 5.6 although I don't find any difference yet.
Cara Mia Fiat Linea!-image0083.jpg
Old 15th March 2012, 10:22   #530
BHPian

I am missing my Blue n Me badly. I got my stock HU replaced and now B&M does not work. Looking for a workaround to get this lovely piece of technology working again.
Gadgetfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2012, 10:24   #531
Senior - BHPian

Was this update required at all? What was wrong with 5.5?

I am new to updating stuff. How do you know what version is running on the car? I don't plan on updating mine as it works well. I have a phone pairing problem that has now been narrowed down to my phone and not Blue N Me. It pairs but the moment a call comes in, it will stay connected for not more than 20 seconds and that is the end. I will have to reboot my phone just to get back the pairing. I use a old Sony Ericsson K750i. I tried a Nokia and it worked well.
sandeepmohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2012, 10:38   #532

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Was this update required at all? What was wrong with 5.5?
Nothing wrong with v5.5. I opted for the upgrade just because it is an upgrade. I don't want to miss new features, if any. For details, see here:

http://www.blueandme.net/blueandme/i...port/download/

Quote:
How do you know what version is running on the car?
This new v 5.6 is possible to get upgraded only from the previous version 5.5. From v 5.4, it is not possible to directly upgrade to v 5.6. The error code will be displayed. In case of old versions, this is the way to go: v 5.4>v 5.5>v 5.6.
Quote:
I have a phone pairing problem that has now been narrowed down to my phone and not Blue N Me.
Then, this new v 5.6 may solve that problem.
Old 24th March 2012, 17:25   #533
BHPian

I had 5.5 Ver Blue&me. No issues. To keep it current version, i have updated it too with 5.6V. Seriously, i didnt find any change, but for my a inner feeling that i have the latest.

I bumped in too a bumping road of Chennai and the front wheels developed dhud sounds (old timer may be familiar with this sounds, when bullock carts go on non-metal road). Thanks to the beautiful roads we have in Chennai Metro.

I took an appointment for 17 Mar 12 in Concorde motors -ECR. The planning was perfect to reach early to get the car in. To add to this, I promised my wife to take her for date(my children were off to school) to Golden Beach when the car is getting serviced. All decked in good dress reached Dot at 9am and the car was taken in.

With the token given at gate, I headed to reception asking my wife to sit in lounge. I explained the problem in the car. Amazed by the expertise, the person detailed took the car to the bay and lifted it up with the jack. With my inquisitive going high, i asked him what is that you are looking at. He simply explained we were told the vehicle has some problem in the under carriage. Shocked.....
I have to explain that the problem is in wheels. Oh..he said than we have to take it for test drive. By than we have lost more than an hour. He appreciated the problem as the sound was quite predominant. The vehicle was into the service bay and found that the ball joints were loose. The concluded to change it. Went to the manager told him that this is in extended warranty, pls take up on free of cost. The response was immediate that these cannot be covered under extended warranty. More so it is Saturday, we need to get clearance if it is to be taken up on a on ext wty for which the vehicle needs to admitted here on a working day.

I lost all my mind, keeping date at lounge. Hell with it, I told him to go ahead and repair it at my cost. The mechanic rushed to the store to check up the availability of spares. Good God.. the guy came back and replied...sorry sir the parts are not available. We need to order. By the time all these went through it was 12.30pm. My wife was still at lounge. Date planned at Golden Beach ended at Concorde.

With one week of me following up (absolutely there was not a single call from Concorde), i was told the spares are likely to come today. The vehicle is planned for repair on Monday. I am certain that this time no plan of a date with my wife at Golden Beach.

Can anyone tell me, whether i am entitled for repair free of cost as i have the extended wty in place. My car has done 21k only.
Col KRK is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2012, 19:54   #534
BHPian

Quote:
Got it inflated to 45 psi and put it in the spare wheel well.
Ravi sir,

what is the correct air pressure in the linea mjd ? in the manual it says 37/33 in front/rear, whereas the stcker in car says 33/33 same for all 4.

Since you are running your linea for 2 yrs , what is the pressure you are keeping in the front/ rear for single driver ride cases ?
Amazing is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2012, 08:44   #535

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
what is the pressure you are keeping in the front/ rear for single driver ride cases ?
The tyre pressure specified is for cold tyres. For warm tyres, we have to add about 10% extra.
Name:  TyrePressureSticker.png
Views: 2166
Size:  67.1 KB
Cara Mia Fiat Linea!-tyrepressure.jpg
In case of Cara Mia FIAT Linea, I always maintain 36 psi in all the four wheels [it also helps to reduce bottom-scraping to certain extent] and 40+ for the spare [to avoid frequent checking of pressure]. Secondly, no two pressure gauges match and I do not know which one is right or wrong. So, plus or minus 10% should not make any difference, IMO.
J.Ravi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2012, 14:43   #536
BHPian

I use to keep all four tryes with 33 PSI. Interestingly, for the first time, i noticed that this is applicable for cold tyres. Anyway, most of us are filling air from the fuel stations, that means it should be in hot condition, where than the applicability of 0.3 bar or 4.3 psi should come into play.

Ideally in hot tyre as brought by Ravi,

Front ----2.6bar or 37 psi (full/medium load)
Rear-----2.4 bar or 35 psi (Medium) --- 2.6bar or 37 psi (full load)

What happens, when you fill nitrogen? Will it be same?

generally, the life of tyres should be through for 30K+. A self inspection can avoid timely saving of tyres.
a. Notice the tread across are wearing out evenly.
b. Excessive wear at edges is due to under inflation inflation
c. Excessive wear inside treads is due to over inflation.
d. one sided wear in treads due to poor wheel alignment.

Thanx ravi for sharing info on an important aspect of car maintenance.
Guys drive safe...
Col KRK is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2012, 14:10   #537

Default Steel Spare Wheel For My Linea Again

Quote:
The bent spare alloy wheel was repaired at A1 Car Care Centre, Jayanagar 1 st Block, yesterday, at a cost of Rs 700.
One of the alloys of my Linea is bent. So, today, I took a decision to retire that bent alloy and the OE steel rim is back as a spare in my Linea's boot.
Name:  DSC05797.JPG
Views: 1808
Size:  84.2 KB
FIAT Linea's imported OE alloys are easily prone for bending. FIAT India should seriously examine the alternatives to overcome this problem.
Old 29th March 2012, 15:23   #538
BHPian

Hi Ravi,
Can we fix a Fog-lamp on our Linea?
Is it useful at high altitude fogy areas?
Sunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2012, 15:31   #539

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunney View Post
Is it useful at high altitude fogy areas?
Fog lamps are definitely useful while driving in foggy weather conditions. It should be possible to instal fog lamps. Please contact FIAT authorised service centre for the availability of fog lamps for your Linea.
Old 11th April 2012, 15:02   #540

Default Trip To East & North-East

In another few minutes, my Linea, carrying me and my wife, will be leaving for Visakhapatnam, the first port of call in our trip towards east and north-east.

Name:  DSC05812.JPG
Views: 1636
Size:  85.7 KB

The driver is well-slept, well-rested, well-fed and my Linea fully loaded at the time of posting this message.

Name:  DSC05811.JPG
Views: 1609
Size:  85.5 KB

According to my plan, I should be reaching Vizag by 11 am tomorrow.

Name:  DSC05808.JPG
Views: 1608
Size:  95.0 KB
Name:  DSC05810.JPG
Views: 1587
Size:  94.8 KB

I shall post the updates in this thread regularly subject to connectivity.

Name:  DSC05809.JPG
Views: 1599
Size:  95.8 KB
J.Ravi is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote