Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 10th March 2013, 10:39   #631
BHPian

Default Re: My Linea Gets Team-BHP Stickers & Key Chain

Ravi Sir, Just noticed that you've mask your number plates - ' KAAKA KAAKA ' - Gautham Menon movie style

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post

Last edited by Sivasankar : 10th March 2013 at 10:42.
Sivasankar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2013, 11:32   #632
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivasankar View Post
Ravi Sir, Just noticed that you've mask your number plates - ' KAAKA KAAKA ' - Gautham Menon movie style
Thanks, Sivasankar. Actually, these famous words were from Kanda Sashti Kavacham in which the author prays to the god Subramanya to protect him from his head to toe; the lines in many stanzas end with the word Kaakka [means 'protect' in Tamil]. In the same way, my Linea also prays for total protection from the almighty!

Last edited by J.Ravi : 10th March 2013 at 11:39.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2013, 23:28   #633
BHPian

That is so nice to hear, Sir. I failed to make the Kanda Sashti Kavacham connection the first time itself. I've been trained from childhood to recite it and we listen to the classic Sulmangalam Sisters' version every morning.

Love the way you maintain Cara Linea. My apartment complex doesn't offer covered parking and my T-Jet suffers from dust and bird droppings. I give her a wash once every 2 weeks with Sonax shampoo and shine her with Eagle Wax As You Dry.

Quote:
Thanks, Sivasankar. Actually, these famous words were from Kanda Sashti Kavacham in which the author prays to the god Subramanya to protect him from his head to toe; the lines in many stanzas end with the word Kaakka [means 'protect' in Tamil]. In the same way, my Linea also prays for total protection from the almighty!

Last edited by Sivasankar : 10th March 2013 at 23:33.
Old 11th March 2013, 08:03   #634

Quote:
My apartment complex doesn't offer covered parking and my T-Jet suffers from dust and bird droppings.
Thanks, Sivasankar. At my Chennai Royapettah home, my Linea's parking space is open in the front and rear that results in too much of dust and bird-droppings on her. So, I use my Linea's car cover given as compliment at the time of her delivery. Before covering, I dust off my Linea to ensure scratch-free surfaces. Similarly, while removing the car cover, I dust off the cover, remove, fold and keep it in the bag. The bag containing the car cover will always be in my Linea's boot.
Old 12th March 2013, 14:37   #635
BHPian

Ravi Sir, I use a static duster for dusting the surface before setting off for the day. This duster doesn't fully remove the particles. What would you suggest as alternatives?

Quote:
Thanks, Sivasankar. At my Chennai Royapettah home, my Linea's parking space is open in the front and rear that results in too much of dust and bird-droppings on her. So, I use my Linea's car cover given as compliment at the time of her delivery. Before covering, I dust off my Linea to ensure scratch-free surfaces. Similarly, while removing the car cover, I dust off the cover, remove, fold and keep it in the bag. The bag containing the car cover will always be in my Linea's boot.
Sivasankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2013, 17:02   #636

Quote:
This duster doesn't fully remove the particles. What would you suggest as alternatives?
You can go for Jopasu car duster. It costs Name:  rupeesymbol.gif
Views: 1172
Size:  578 Bytes 499 in Snap Deal. For more details, please visit this thread (Jopasu Car Duster - A mini review). I use Jospasu car duster from the past three years. It absorbs the dust in just 5 minutes from the entire car.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 12th March 2013 at 17:05.
Old 12th March 2013, 21:07   #637
BHPian

Default Re: Cara Mia Fiat Linea!

Thanks for the suggestion, Sir!
Old 18th March 2013, 16:14   #638

Quote:
He offered floor mats, mud flaps, car body cover, idol, perfume and 5 litre petrol coupon as freebies apart from corporate/cash discounts.
I started using the car cover on my Linea at Chennai to protect her from the dust. From the past 3.5 years, the car cover remained unused and dumped in the attic of my Bangalore home as my Linea is fully protected inside the covered garage of my Bangalore home. But in Chennai, my home and the adjacent house created a wind tunnel over the parking area, bringing in a deluge of dust on my Linea as the parking area is open in the front and rear.

Cara Mia Fiat Linea!-carcover1.jpg

Cara Mia Fiat Linea!-carcover2.jpg

I thought that putting on the cover and removing it would be an easy job. I was wrong. Before putting on the cover, I have to dust off my Linea using the car duster. Then, I have to unscrew and remove the antenna from the top and keep it in the boot. Later, I have to take out the car cover from its bag that is kept in the boot. Spreading the car cover on my Linea is the toughest part. After covering one half of my Linea, when I try to cover it on the other half, the previous half slides off! Two people are required to put on the cover on my Linea.

Cara Mia Fiat Linea!-carcover3.jpg

Cara Mia Fiat Linea!-carcover4.jpg

Similarly, before removing the cover, I dust off the cover using the car duster. I remove the cover, fold it, stuff it in the bag and keep the bag in the boot. Later, I replace the antenna in its position. To be Frank, I am still learning the art of putting on and removing the car cover.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 18th March 2013 at 16:33.
J.Ravi is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 17:28   #639
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I was wrong. Before putting on the cover, I have to dust off my Linea using the car duster. Then, I have to unscrew and remove the antenna from the top and keep it in the boot.
Thats irritating...Luckily for the punto cover, they have designed the cover to accomodate the antenna

Quote:
when I try to cover it on the other half, the previous half slides off! Two people are required to put on the cover on my Linea.
To be Frank, I am still learning the art of putting on and removing the car cover.
One suggestion. Use the mirrors to lock the cover in place. Yes it is an art but once you get the hang of it, one person is enough to do the job

After some initial days of covering my car with a car cover,I sold the cover to my friend once I got a covered parking

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 18th March 2013 at 17:30.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 19:20   #640
BHPian

Dear Ravi,

Greetings,

My Linea is most of the time covered up and in garage as I drive it only on weekends and Scorpio is the one that takes me around on weekdays. But I always put the cover without removing the antenna. Though it looks ungainly, there has been no problem yet. Really admire the care and effort you take to maintain your car. Will try removing the antenna next time.

Other than radio, which I hardly use, what else is not available if you drive around without antenna. Sorry I am a little technically challenged. Would appreciate your reply.

Regards.
skm1967 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 19:55   #641

Quote:
Originally Posted by skm1967 View Post
Other than radio, which I hardly use, what else is not available if you drive around without antenna.
You can hear the FM broadcast with some disturbance even without antenna. I tried many times. With antenna, clarity improves especially for weak signals. Apart from this, antenna doesn't serve any other purpose including Blue&Me.
J.Ravi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 20:20   #642
BHPian

Dear Ravi,

Thank you so much. Really appreciate it. I think I will just remove the antenna for good.
Regards.
skm1967 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2013, 14:29   #643

It's time for a mini update. Cara Mia FIAT Linea is hale and hearty after successfully completing 3.5 years with odometer reading of 60,480 km, factory-fitted battery and clutch. Today, I added ~200 ml of engine oil to bring it to the maximum level. I also cleaned the interiors and washed the alloys and exterior.

Cara Mia Fiat Linea!-dsc09291.jpg
J.Ravi is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2013, 18:58   #644

Smile New Arrival In The Family!

A second Royal Enfield entered my family. My new Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 Twilight poses with Cara Mia FIAT Linea, the first one being my son's Classic 500 Black.

Cara Mia Fiat Linea!-tbirdlinea1.jpg

Cara Mia Fiat Linea!-tbirdlinea2.jpg
J.Ravi is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2013, 19:17   #645
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Ravi sir!

Excellent acquisition and smart photos. Are you planning on starting a new thread for the Bull?

Cheers !
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote