Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 19th April 2013, 19:20   #646
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Default Re: Cara Mia Fiat Linea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Congratulations Ravi sir! Excellent acquisition and smart photos.
Thanks a lot, ajay_satpute, for the compliments and wishes
Quote:
Are you planning on starting a new thread for the Bull?
Yes, after my bird completes 500 km and the first service.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2013, 05:23   #647

Default Chennai To Bangalore

My Linea has brought us safely to our Bangalore Basaveswara Nagar home today at 4:14 am. We had left our Chennai Royapettah home last night at 10:30 pm. Undulations on the NH 4 road surface have increased upto Sriperumpudur. Hyundai factory buses dominated upto Sriperumpudur. Nokia factory buses dominated upto NH 4 and NH 46 junction near Wallajah. From Mulabagilu to KR Pura, sand-laden trucks occupied the road showering sand on the other road-users. Here are the vital statistics:

Cara Mia Fiat Linea!-mid.jpg
J.Ravi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2013, 11:17   #648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
I thought that putting on the cover and removing it would be an easy job. I was wrong. Before putting on the cover, I have to dust off my Linea using the car duster. Then, I have to unscrew and remove the antenna from the top and keep it in the boot. Later, I have to take out the car cover from its bag that is kept in the boot. Spreading the car cover on my Linea is the toughest part. After covering one half of my Linea, when I try to cover it on the other half, the previous half slides off! Two people are required to put on the cover on my Linea.

Similarly, before removing the cover, I dust off the cover using the car duster. I remove the cover, fold it, stuff it in the bag and keep the bag in the boot. Later, I replace the antenna in its position. To be Frank, I am still learning the art of putting on and removing the car cover.

I've discovered an easy technique to cover and uncover your car. I have described it in this post (My blue teutonic beauty - VW Vento TDI HL - 15000 KMs update). I am so used to it now that I can do with literally one hand and in one minute!

So it is just a matter of time.
nileshch is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2013, 18:54   #649

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
I am so used to it now that I can do with literally one hand and in one minute!
Thanks a lot for the kind suggestion with pictorial guidance. I shall practise that technique when I reach Chennai again, the next month as my Linea comfortably rests in the garage in Bangalore.
Old 19th May 2013, 13:06   #650

Smile Blue Line, Blue Bird & Black Bull Together!

Here are some rare family photographs of my Blue Line, Blue Bird and my son's Black Bull. The garage is house-full now!

Cara Mia Fiat Linea!-1.jpg

Cara Mia Fiat Linea!-2.jpg

Cara Mia Fiat Linea!-6.jpg
J.Ravi is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2013, 11:30   #651

Cara Mia FIAT Linea had tankful of petrol at HP COCOO near my home costing Name:  rupeesymbol.gif
Views: 2091
Size:  578 Bytes69.40 per litre. It is heartening to have petrol at less than Name:  rupeesymbol.gif
Views: 2091
Size:  578 Bytes70 per litre in Bangalore after many months. My Linea's tyres had air. The tyre pressure remained more or less the same even after a month.

My Linea's horn pad has become moody and operates at only one press-point and remains mum at other press-points. I will get it checked in the sixth paid servicing which is fast-approaching.
Old 24th May 2013, 12:12   #652
BHPian

Quote:
Cara Mia FIAT Linea had tankful of petrol at HP COCOO near my home costing Attachment 108670269.40 per litre. It is heartening to have petrol at less than Attachment 108670270 per litre in Bangalore after many months. My Linea's tyres had air. The tyre pressure remained more or less the same even after a month.

My Linea's horn pad has become moody and operates at only one press-point and remains mum at other press-points. I will get it checked in the sixth paid servicing which is fast-approaching.
How are you doing, Ravi Sir?

I'd my 2nd free service done at the new RDC Fiat Service. They are strapped for space but its managed by the old passionate team from TAFE. Got a Fiat cap for my son from their showroom.
Sivasankar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2013, 13:02   #653

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivasankar View Post
How are you doing, Ravi Sir?
Me and my Linea are fit as a fiddle.
Quote:
I'd my 2nd free service done at the new RDC Fiat Service.
Good to learn that RDC FIAT is improving a lot based on the customer's feedback.
Old 24th May 2013, 16:17   #654
BHPian

Quote:
My Linea's horn pad has become moody and operates at only one press-point and remains mum at other press-points.
Please Ravi Sir, no need to at a wall. I had a same problem in my car. Got it fixed in the third free service. On a different note, since Fiat has opened their own service center at Thane, Mumbai earlier this year, it is the only place I go to for servicing and/or resolution of any problems. The experience has been FAAAR better than Fortune Cars.
PGNarain is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2013, 17:26   #655

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNarain View Post
I had a same problem in my car. Got it fixed in the third free service.
Thanks a lot for soothing words, PGNarain. Hope, mine will also get fixed in the ensuing sixth paid servicing.
Old 8th June 2013, 05:02   #656

Default Bangalore To Chennai

Another non-stop Bangalore to Chennai trip. My Linea left our Bangalore Basaveswara Nagar home by 10:45 pm last night and reached our Chennai Royapettah home by 4:15 am today. 4.5 hours; Still no toll being collected at Hosakote and Mulabagilu toll plazas. Board announcing 'Trial Run - Don't Pay' was hung at both the toll plazas. Toll has been increased in Chennasamudram and Sriperumpudur toll plazas by Name:  rupeesymbol.gif
Views: 1496
Size:  578 Bytes5 to Name:  rupeesymbol.gif
Size:  578 Bytes30 and Name:  rupeesymbol.gif
Size:  578 Bytes45 respectively. It's time for vital statistics:

Old 8th June 2013, 05:42   #657

Default Re: Bangalore To Chennai

Quote:
4.5 hours;
Oops. It's 5.5 hours. Noticed just now.
Old 12th June 2013, 22:53   #658

Default Chennai>Kanchipuram>Chennai

Did a quickie Chennai>Kanchipuram>Chennai trip this evening. It was a torture for me and Cara Mia FIAT Linea in the peak hour traffic, which gets reflected in the vital statistics.

Today, I noticed that my Linea lost her two RHS FIAT-branded tyre valve caps, while the other two caps on the LHS are intact although they were loose and not fully tightened.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 12th June 2013 at 23:07.
Old 12th June 2013, 23:29   #659
BHPian

Quote:
On a different note, since Fiat has opened their own service center at Thane, Mumbai earlier this year, it is the only place I go to for servicing and/or resolution of any problems. The experience has been FAAAR better than Fortune Cars.
Can you please share the address of this service centre. On the Fiat website, i can only see Fortune as the servicing centre in Thane.
a_myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2013, 02:23   #660
Senior - BHPian

That is not a FIAT owned showroom/service center but one of the oldest dealers of TATA/FIAT Balaji Autoworld. They now have separate showrooms for the two brands.

Quote:
On a different note, since Fiat has opened their own service center at Thane, Mumbai earlier this year, it is the only place I go to for servicing and/or resolution of any problems. The experience has been FAAAR better than Fortune Cars.

See address below. Surprisingly they are listed only as a Sales dealer and not under service. Ideally their name should appear under both.

Balaji Cars Pvt. Ltd.
Plot No.1
Mohan Mill Compound
Majiwada
Thane-Ghodbunder Road
Mumbai - 400 607

This is diagonally opposite Wonder Mall, up the service road on which Sony World/Vijaysales building is located.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_myth View Post
Can you please share the address of this service centre. On the Fiat website, i can only see Fortune as the servicing centre in Thane.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote