Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 14th June 2013, 19:50   #661
BHPian

Default Re: Cara Mia Fiat Linea!

Sorry Ravi Sir, off topic here, but just answering the query here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_myth View Post
Can you please share the address of this service centre. On the Fiat website, i can only see Fortune as the servicing centre in Thane.
a_myth, please refer to the following thread for all your queries.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ld-mumbai.html (Fiat Workshop - Balaji Autoworld, Mumbai)
PGNarain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2013, 09:37   #662
BHPian

Ravi Sir, What a day yesterday!!!

Was walking down to the Music Academy with my family to watch the Extra Terrestrials show and you were driving out into TTK Road in Cara Mia herself.

Thrilled to see the Man and his Car.
Sivasankar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2013, 11:03   #663
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivasankar View Post
Was walking down to the Music Academy with my family to watch the Extra Terrestrials show and you were driving out into TTK Road in Cara Mia herself.
Thanks a lot for spotting me and my Linea, Sivasankar. Cara Mia Fiat Linea was on her way to meet her Chennai siblings at ECR last evening organised by fellow-BHPian rameshnanda.

Cara Mia Fiat Linea!-tbhp1.jpg

Cara Mia Fiat Linea!-tbhp2.jpg

Cara Mia Fiat Linea!-tbhp3.jpg

Cara Mia Fiat Linea!-tbhp4.jpg
J.Ravi is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2013, 21:22   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Thanks a lot for spotting me and my Linea, Sivasankar. Cara Mia Fiat Linea was on her way to meet her Chennai siblings at ECR last evening organised by fellow-BHPian rameshnanda.
Wow, thrilled to look at the line up. Isn't the last FTA Linea the 2013 version with raised GC? Was Team-Bhpian Sathya a part of that meet? Can't make out if one of the BNWs is a T-Jet

I did a ride upto the ECR toll plaza this afternoon. Combination of good roads, Shell Super UL and a great machine to connect the two.
Old 23rd June 2013, 22:20   #665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1100792
The last picture shows,how the GC upgrade screws the stance of a beautiful car
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2013, 08:04   #666

Quote:
Isn't the last FTA Linea the 2013 version with raised GC?
That was non-BHPian Anantha Narayanan's Linea [2010] with enhanced GC.
Quote:
Was Team-Bhpian Sathya a part of that meet? Can't make out if one of the BNWs is a T-Jet
BHPian Sathya_sc could not make it to the meet due to his prior commitments. The first in the convoy, BNW Linea is BHPian rameshnanada's. The other BNW Linea belongs to non-BHPian Siva.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
The last picture shows,how the GC upgrade screws the stance of a beautiful car
That's why, I have been resisting the temptation of going in for GC enhancement for my Linea.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 24th June 2013 at 08:07.
J.Ravi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2013, 19:36   #667
BHPian

Sir, do let me know if you organize a meet sometime. I would be very happy to join.

Quote:
That was non-BHPian Anantha Narayanan's Linea [2010] with enhanced GC.

BHPian Sathya_sc could not make it to the meet due to his prior commitments. The first in the convoy, BNW Linea is BHPian rameshnanada's. The other BNW Linea belongs to non-BHPian Siva.

That's why, I have been resisting the temptation of going in for GC enhancement for my Linea.
Old 24th June 2013, 19:54   #668

Quote:
Sir, do let me know if you organize a meet sometime. I would be very happy to join.
Sure, Sivasankar. I will definitely inform you well in advance from the next meet onwards.
J.Ravi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2013, 14:50   #669
BHPian

Ravi Sir,

How do you do the FIAT stickering on the front door? Any pointers? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by johy : 25th June 2013 at 15:06.
johy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2013, 23:22   #670

Unhappy Another torturous Chennai>Kanchipuram>Chennai Trip

This evening, we drove Chennai>Kanchipuram>Chennai to attend a marriage reception. It is needless to say the drive was torturous.

Cara Mia Fiat Linea!-mid.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
How do you do the FIAT stickering on the front door?
Those stickers were pasted by FIAT staff during my Linea's first FIAT Ranjangaon plant visit on 3 December 2010. You can get those stickers custom-made from the local sticker chap by giving a print of FIAT logo. He will do it to the required size. Many have got them custom-made, which resemble the factory-pasted ones.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 25th June 2013 at 23:30.
J.Ravi is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2013, 14:36   #671

Thumbs down Non-Availability Of Timing/Auxiliary/Accessory Drive Belts In Bangalore/Chennai

I regret having bought my Linea for the first time in about 4 years of its ownership.

My Linea is due for the periodical servicing [sixth, paid, 64 k km] shortly. But, the essential spares that are required to be replaced as per the service schedule, viz., timing drive belt, auxiliary drive belt and accessory drive belt are not available with any of the 3 dealers [Vecto/KHT/Aadya] in Bangalore. These essential service spares are not available with the Chennai dealers too [Ramkay/RDC]. I searched in 99rpm.com, but the timing driving belt is not available. I called a few automobile spare parts dealers at Chennai, only to get negative replies.

My Linea runs smoothly and does not have any problem. I wish to get the belts replaced as specified to ensure preventive maintenance. But, FIAT India expects me to escalate to the higher levels even for this routine servicing matters. After the divorce from Tata Motors, the spares management has reached its nadir.

Looks like my Linea is going to face a great deal of hardship due to non-availability of essential service spares. I have never faced such problems in Concorde Motors, Mysore Road/Dairy Circle, during the five services of my Linea.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 10th July 2013 at 14:53.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2013, 15:00   #672
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Non-Availability Of Timing/Auxiliary/Accessory Drive Belts In Bangalore/Chennai

Quote:
I regret having bought my Linea for the first time in about 4 years of its ownership.

My Linea is due for the periodical servicing [sixth, paid, 64 k km] shortly. But, the essential spares that are required to be replaced as per the service schedule, viz., timing drive belt, auxiliary drive belt and accessory drive belt are not available with any of the 3 dealers [Vecto/KHT/Aadya] in Bangalore.
The problem is that not many people have actually got to the level where you need to replace the various belts as mandated by the service schedule. Very few people have actually clocked that many kms. Some people whose cars are old enough to need these replaced, dont do so thinking that havnt run enough.

My brother got his Punto serviced early this year when his car hit 60,000kms, and this was the reason given by the erstwhile Tata-FIAT service guy. And mind you this service center was just superb, he had ready availability of accident parts as well. I got my rear wiper unit changed as well as a right headlamp unit, both of which were readily available. The service guy said he gets about 7-8 FIAT's every week, but he had seen the various belts replaced as part of scheduled service only twice prior to my brother's. At least he was kind enough to reveal all this on the phone itself when my brother was making a service booking. He got the spares in 2 weeks time and called up my brother to come get his car serviced.
julupani is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2013, 15:13   #673

Default Re: Non-Availability Of Timing/Auxiliary/Accessory Drive Belts In Bangalore/Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
The problem is that not many people have actually got to the level where you need to replace the various belts as mandated by the service schedule.
I am an ardent believer of preventive maintenance, especially when it comes to my Linea, which takes me to godforsaken places at the ghostly hours. So, I don't want to take any risk. I want my Linea to be fully fit before her scheduled Leh visit in September 2013. In the worst case scenario, my Linea will get serviced excluding the timing belt at Ramkay FIAT, Chennai, where the other two belts are stated to be readily available and leave for Leh!
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2013, 15:40   #674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am an ardent believer of preventive maintenance, especially when it comes to my Linea, which takes me to godforsaken places at the ghostly hours. So, I don't want to take any risk.
Same here. I will be in the same predicament as you come December. And my 1.4 Epack Punto has run half the distance of your Linea. I plan to call up the service center 2-3 weeks prior, so as to ensure the belts are all there when I actually turn up for service.
julupani is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2013, 21:09   #675
BHPian

This really concerns me; I booked my T-Jet today! Hope Fiat gets its act together soon.
TheTeacher is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote