Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 5th December 2013, 15:02   #781
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Thumbs up Maintenance Cost @ Rs 1.48/km

The cost of servicing works out to mere Name:  rupeesymbol.gif
Views: 2351
Size:  578 Bytes1.48 per km after replacement of factory-fitted Exide battery with the new Amaron after more than 4 years and 71,000 km.

Cara Mia Fiat Linea!-maintenancecost71004km.jpg

Here are some pics clicked by me on my new Nokia Lumia 925 presented by my children.

Cara Mia Fiat Linea!-wp_20131205_007.jpg

Cara Mia Fiat Linea!-wp_20131205_013.jpg

Cara Mia Fiat Linea!-wp_20131205_016.jpg

Cara Mia Fiat Linea!-wp_20131205_024.jpg

Last edited by J.Ravi : 5th December 2013 at 15:03.
J.Ravi is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2013, 01:04   #782
BHPian

Default Re: Cara Mia Fiat Linea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
My previous vehicles' [MS Omni/Versa] OE batteries too lasted for more than 4 years.

I replaced the factory-fitted Good Year GT 3 tyres with the new ones of the same brand at 52 k km.
Congrats on your decision to move to the XUV 500, Happy driving. Will miss your long narratives about our Italian beauty though. Both of us bought our FTA Emotion Packs within a few days of each other, Though I haven't done the same number of kilometers or the places, I am sure both of us can look back and say She made us so happy and she brought us back every time home, Safely and Happily. Happy driving Ravi.
rhenius is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2013, 15:59   #783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.ravi View Post
Congrats on your decision to move to the XUV 500, Happy driving. .
Sir,

this is news, awaiting updates from you.

If true congrats in Advance and looking forward to another Fantastic write-up .
Jimmy_u is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2014, 21:33   #784

My son called me from Bangalore a few minutes back to inform that Linea started at the very first cranking after a month's hibernation and all the health parameters looked normal.
J.Ravi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 18:23   #785

Angry Rats Massacred My Linea Again

Today, when I opened my Linea's bonnet, I found this:

Cara Mia Fiat Linea!-1.jpg

Cara Mia Fiat Linea!-2.jpg

I drove to the friendly neighbourhood multi-brand service station United Motors, who I was patronizing with during my MS Omni days. I was told they could fix it, but not with FIAT genuine spares. I readily agreed. They fixed a transparent tube in place of the original black tube. I paidName:  rupeesymbol.gif
Views: 1823
Size:  578 Bytes100 and drove back home within half-hour.

Cara Mia Fiat Linea!-3.jpg

Cara Mia Fiat Linea!-4.jpg

Cara Mia Fiat Linea!-5.jpg
J.Ravi is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2014, 12:08   #786

Angry Rat Menace Continues

Today, I caught the culprit red-handed.

Cara Mia Fiat Linea!-wp_20140114_013.jpg

The rat made a mess of my Linea's air filter cover.

Cara Mia Fiat Linea!-wp_20140114_016.jpg

I started the engine and startled the rodent, risking splashing all its interiors on Linea's interiors. It jumped out and ran out of my house. No damages were noticed. Later, I cleaned the engine bay.

Cara Mia Fiat Linea!-wp_20140114_018.jpg
Old 14th January 2014, 14:31   #787
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Rat Menace Continues

Quote:
Today, I caught the culprit red-handed.

Attachment 1190578
That rat could come back. As you'd know, many people have such a problem. Simplest solution is to keep a trap (on the floor) below the engine bay and release it FAR away.

Btw, congos on the XUV. Also, nice to see the fuel consumption & cost logs you've maintained. I use this app called aCar to record car related costs - quite useful, do check out.

-Rgds
GrammarNazi is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2014, 17:02   #788

Default Re: Rat Menace Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Simplest solution is to keep a trap (on the floor) below the engine bay and release it FAR away.
Thanks, GrammarNazi. I have mouse-trap too and used it successfully to eliminate many mice. But, this one was a big bandicoot, too big for that trap. I plan to make the garage rat/bandicoot-proof!
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2014, 14:42   #789

Default My Ownership Days Are Numbered

All good things come to an end; so is my ownership of Linea. It's time to let Linea go to another set of safe hands after my acquisition of Mahindra XUV500.

Cara Mia Fiat Linea is for sale.

Please go through this thread for all the details.

The price is Name:  rupeesymbol.gif
Views: 1482
Size:  578 Bytes3,25,000.

If interested, send PM.
Old 19th January 2014, 23:48   #790

Default Re: My Ownership Days Are Numbered

Quote:
Cara Mia Fiat Linea is for sale.
My Linea is bought by our family friend and well-wisher, Ajay. He will take delivery of my Linea on 2 February 2014. We are all happy that our Linea stays within the family.
J.Ravi is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2014, 16:53   #791

Smile The Story Behind Linea's Change Of Ownership

Yesterday, my Linea was bought by our family friend and well-wisher, Ajay. He will take delivery of my Linea on 2 February 2014. We are all happy that our Linea stays within the family.

Who is this family friend and well-wisher? He is none other than Ajay, who recommended 3D Kagu mats and presented me with many goodies, both desi and foreign, for Linea, Thunderbird and now, XUV500!

Quote:
Recently, my friend bought Toyota Altis and decorated it with Kagu 3D mats from Hot Tracks, whose ads appear in every issue of Autocar and Overdrive magazines. He paid Rs 4,800 and recommended me to have one set for my Linea.
A finest gentleman that he is, he did not even express his intentions, when I discussed selling my Linea some days back. He just asked me, how much I expected and kept quiet. I did not have even an iota of idea that he might be interested. So, I told him the quoted price and informed him that I proposed to insert ads in various Internet fora. He knew that if he had expressed his intentions, I might have not quoted any price at all and I would invite him to take Linea at his own price!

Yesterday, an interested person called me and fixed appointment for inspection and TD in the evening. My BSNL mobile phone did not have connectivity in the afternoon and evening due to software upgradation at their exchange. So, that person turned up late after enquiring my home's location. When I was going for TD with him, Ajay turned up with his present for my XUV500! I requested him to wait at my first floor home and continued my TD with that interested person. When I returned from the TD, he expressed his wish for TD. I told him to wait so that I would take out my XUV500 from the garage as I had offered him to drive XUV500 at his convenient date and time. But, he intervened stating that he wanted to TD Linea and not XUV500! Then, I got puzzled. He and my son did a TD of Linea, while I was chatting with that interested person. After their return, my son came to me and cautioned not to commit anything to that interested person as Ajay was interested. I got confused. So, I told that interested person that he was number 2 in the queue, the first being Ajay. There was one Pediatrician from Dharmapuri, who was the number 3. That interested person liked Linea very much and wanted to strike a deal by giving a token advance. I requested him to wait for a couple of days for my friend's decision. That interested person left in his FIAT Petra visibly upset with the turn of events. I could understand his feelings.

Later, Ajay told us that he wanted to buy Linea for his mother. He would register Linea in his name and present it to his mom. I told him, I would be the happiest man if bought Linea. Then, he test-drove XUV500 with me and returned home. He drove Linea from Basaveswara Nagar to Jayanagar to show it to his mom and brother. He returned late in the night and clinched the deal. When I told him that my price would be different for him, he requested me not to make him feel guilty. He told me that he would buy at the quoted price only and not a rupee less. Finally, we all agreed happily. He would take delivery on 2 February 2014.

Had Ajay arrived some 10 mintues late, Linea would have gone to a different person. Had there been connectivity in my BSNL mobile phone and if that interested person arrived a few minutes earlier than Ajay, again Linea would have gone to that interested person! Generally, I don't believe in fate. But, seeing the turn of events last evening, I am inclined to believe that timing plays a crucial role in our life!

Last edited by J.Ravi : 20th January 2014 at 16:54.
J.Ravi is offline   (13) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2014, 16:51   #792

I drove in my Linea to free check-up camp at Vecto Motors today at 10:15 am and drove out at 12:30 pm. Linea passed all the items in the check-list. The only comment was 'Engine guard damaged', which I knew already, thanks to the Himalayan trips. I was advised to get it replaced during the next service. I just wanted to ensure that my Linea's health is perfectly alright, when I hand over her to my friend Ajay on 2 February 2014. And my Linea did not fail me.

Cara Mia Fiat Linea!-wp_20140124_026.jpg

Cara Mia Fiat Linea!-wp_20140124_042.jpg
J.Ravi is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2014, 13:16   #793

Smile My Linea & XUV500 Together

My Linea poses here with XUV500. My Thunderbird500 missed this photo op.

Cara Mia Fiat Linea!-1.jpg

Cara Mia Fiat Linea!-2.jpg

Cara Mia Fiat Linea!-3.jpg

Cara Mia Fiat Linea!-4.jpg

Cara Mia Fiat Linea!-5.jpg

Cara Mia Fiat Linea!-6.jpg
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2014, 15:10   #794
Senior - BHPian

So, I suppose this ownership thread now will not have major updates. It was a very nice read.
I have to ask what are the things you did to get rid of the rat.
My Cedia is being repeatedly attacked by rats ever since three small rats were somehow stuck in the cabin AC filter (behind the dashboard). Even after putting in a new filter, some crazy rat still manages to sneak inside the bonnet and makes it dirty.
Cleaning it with water and wiping it down with dettol and vineger gives temporary relief (around 2-3 days).
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2014, 18:45   #795

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
So, I suppose this ownership thread now will not have major updates.
Yes, after 2 February 2014.

Quote:
It was a very nice read.
Thanks a lot for the appreciation, S_U_N.

Quote:
I have to ask what are the things you did to get rid of the rat.
I follow multi pronged strategy to discourage entry of rats into my Linea and XUV500 both at Bangalore and Chennai:

1. Placing tobacco sticks in the engine bay [very effective]

2. Sprinkling phenol-mixed water every night all round the vehicle at night [not so effective]

3. Keeping a mouse-trap with burnt coconut as the bait [useful to catch mouse only and not suitable for big rats/bandicoots]

4. Keeping rat poison mixed with Bengal gram flour at places frequented by the rodents [very effective]

5. Idling my XUV500 for a few minutes inside the garage twice in a week [very effective]

6. Making the garage rodent-proof by plugging all gaps/entry points [the best option]

Recently, I DIY'ed rodent-proofing by fixing PVC sheets using self-tapping screws and BOSCH drilling machine. After these stringent multi pronged strategy, I don't find rodents either in portico, where my Linea is parked or in the garage, where my XUV500 is resting!

Cara Mia Fiat Linea!-wp_20140123_001.jpg

Cara Mia Fiat Linea!-wp_20140123_004.jpg

Cara Mia Fiat Linea!-wp_20140123_005.jpg

Last edited by J.Ravi : 27th January 2014 at 18:56.
J.Ravi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote