Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 1st October 2013, 14:04   #736
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Default re: Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!

My Linea had petrol today at neighbourhood HP COCOO costing Name:  rupeesymbol.gif
Views: 1108
Size:  578 Bytes79.39 pet litre, tyre pressure checked up and filled to the required level. She had lost 3 psi in one month. My Linea is fully ready for yet another journey tonight.
J.Ravi is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2013, 15:24   #737

Smile Emotion Regained

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
I have ordered a new set of logos with 99rpm.com costing 550 including shipping.
Just a few minutes back, I received the logos from 99rpm.com and my Linea regained her emotion, thanks to super-fast delivery by 99rpm.com.

Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-1.jpg

Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-2.jpg

Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-3.jpg

Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-4.jpg

Last edited by J.Ravi : 1st October 2013 at 15:41.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2013, 02:54   #738

Thumbs up Bangalore>Trichy>Pillayarpatti>Dindigul>Bangalore

947.1 km in 24 hours.

Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-mid.jpg

Yesterday [2 Oct 2013], self, wife and Linea left our Basaveswara Nagar home by 1:30 am for Trichy via Namakkal and Musiri. We reached my relative's place at Crawford, Trichy by 7 am. We breakfasted and lunched there apart from attending a function.

We left my relative's place by 2 pm and reached Pillayarpatti by 3:45 pm. As the temple was still closed, we waited upto 4 pm, when the temple's doors opened. We visited the temple and left it by 4:30 pm for Dindigul. We reached Hotel Sri Gowri Krishna, Dindigul by 6:15 pm. We tucked in sumptuous and delicious tiffin. We left there by 7:15 pm and reached our home, sweet home at 1:30 am today [3 Oct 2013]. I took a power nap of about an hour at just before Thoppur ghats.

My Linea had her first tankful of petrol at BP OSTS [One Stop Truckers' Shop] COCOO at Chinnar costing Name:  rupeesymbol.gif
Views: 1484
Size:  578 Bytes 76.53/litre. The next tankful was at TVS BP Trichy costing Name:  rupeesymbol.gif
Size:  578 Bytes75.62/litre. The last tankful was BP OSTS COCOO at Thoppur costing Name:  rupeesymbol.gif
Size:  578 Bytes 75.94/litre.

Road conditions: some rough stretches between Thottiyam and Musiri; some diversions in NH between Trichy and Pudukottai and some more rough stretches between Nattham and Dindigul. The 2 lane NH is being improved as a toll road by NHAI; but, no toll is collected now as the works are still in progress. Here are two photographs clicked on this stretch.

Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-dsc00717.jpg

Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-dsc00718.jpg

Last edited by J.Ravi : 3rd October 2013 at 03:00.
J.Ravi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2013, 18:47   #739
BHPian

Default Re: Bangalore>Trichy>Pillayarpatti>Dindigul>Bangalore

Sir, you are unbelievable!

I and my folks would baulk at doing night travelling much less starting a trip.

God, help me!

Thottiyam - Musiri road was always a bad stretch. even 2 years back.

Quote:
947.1 km in 24 hours.

Attachment 1147214

Yesterday [2 Oct 2013], self, wife and Linea left our Basaveswara Nagar home by 1:30 am for Trichy via Namakkal and Musiri. We reached my relative's place at Crawford, Trichy by 7 am. We breakfasted and lunched there apart from attending a function.

We left my relative's place by 2 pm and reached Pillayarpatti by 3:45 pm. As the temple was still closed, we waited upto 4 pm, when the temple's doors opened. We visited the temple and left it by 4:30 pm for Dindigul. We reached Hotel Sri Gowri Krishna, Dindigul by 6:15 pm. We tucked in sumptuous and delicious tiffin. We left there by 7:15 pm and reached our home, sweet home at 1:30 am today [3 Oct 2013]. I took a power nap of about an hour at just before Thoppur ghats.

My Linea had her first tankful of petrol at BP OSTS [One Stop Truckers' Shop] COCOO at Chinnar costing Attachment 1147213 76.53/litre. The next tankful was at TVS BP Trichy costing Attachment 114721375.62/litre. The last tankful was BP OSTS COCOO at Thoppur costing Attachment 1147213 75.94/litre.

Road conditions: some rough stretches between Thottiyam and Musiri; some diversions in NH between Trichy and Pudukottai and some more rough stretches between Nattham and Dindigul. The 2 lane NH is being improved as a toll road by NHAI; but, no toll is collected now as the works are still in progress. Here are two photographs clicked on this stretch.

Attachment 1147215

Attachment 1147216
Sivasankar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2013, 14:09   #740

Thumbs up Happy Birthday To You, Cara Mia Fiat Linea!

Today, my Linea is celebrating her fourth birthday, completing 4 trouble-free years. My Linea is still going strong with her factory-fitted battery.
J.Ravi is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2013, 12:35   #741

Thumbs up Ayudha Pooja For My Linea

We worshipped our Linea today on the occasion of Ayudha Pooja and thanked her for all the trouble-free trips we had in the past across 23 states/UT in India and Bhutan, and also, prayed for the trouble-free trips in future!

Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-1.jpg

Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-2.jpg

Thank you very much, Linea for everything.
J.Ravi is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2013, 12:43   #742
Senior - BHPian

Great to see the experience you're having with your Linea.

My Punto has been doing good as well (touchwood) and it will be completing 4 years on Oct 21. Right now I'm in Kolkata after driving down from Bangalore. Car odo is at 53K.

Batteries usually don't last for more than 4 yrs, so please be watchful before going on your next long drive.
sdp1975 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2013, 04:36   #743

Thumbs up Bangalore To Chennai

Our Linea brought me and wife safely and comfortably to our Chennai Royapettah home at 3:45 am today. We had left our Bangalore Basaveswara Nagar home at 10:15 pm last night. I took Hosur/Krishnagiri route in view of uncertainties prevailing in Seemandhra region due to Telangana issue.

Our Linea crossed 70,000 km mark near Vaniyambadi on a long flyover. By the time I came down the flyover and found a safe place to park and click a photograph, the meter jumped to 70,001 km. I did not stop anywhere else apart from this photographic stop of a minute or so.

Name:  70 k km.JPG
Views: 827
Size:  67.1 KB

Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-mid.jpg
Old 16th October 2013, 12:22   #744
BHPian

Default Re: Wheel Balancing & Alignment And Puncture Repair

Quote:
Yes, Jimmy_u. The maintenance cost details are recorded in the Excel sheet only. You can also create those columns and rows in an Excel sheet. It can't be sent to you as no attachments are allowed in PM.
Sir,

can you email me a blank template if that is possible, I have sent my email address on pm.

Regards,
jimmy
Jimmy_u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2013, 13:01   #745

Default Re: Wheel Balancing & Alignment And Puncture Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_u View Post
can you please email me a blank template if that is possible, I have sent my email address on pm.
Done, Jimmy_u. Please check your email inbox.
Old 16th October 2013, 13:50   #746
BHPian

Default Re: Ayudha Pooja For My Linea

Quote:
Ravi, I can very much connect to your emotions. Even though all appliances in our home are non living things, one problem in any of them can throw our regular routines so much out of gear and car plays a very pivotal role in your safety too.

I took a bow before your Linea too for having seen the heights of Ladakh, Bhutan etc and driving you and your family safe. Wish you many more happy miles ahead.

I have a similar story with my 4 year old Punto except for one breakdown when my ECU conked off abruptly a few months ago. This happened just about 2 hours after I drove 600kms from my hometown to Bangalore. My Punto saw that my family was safely confined at home in Bangalore before the brain died. Except for that incident, we have had innumerable trips out of Bangalore and it has always served us well.
gopikb is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2013, 15:10   #747

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Great to see the experience you're having with your Linea.
Thanks a lot for the compliments, sdp1975.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
I took a bow before your Linea too for having seen the heights of Ladakh, Bhutan etc and driving you and your family safe. Wish you many more happy miles ahead.
Thank you very much for the kind words. Periodical preventive maintenance, keeping in clean and tidy condition, adherence to the manufacturer's recommendations, etc. will go a long way to ensure maximum productivity from any machine. Ayudha Pooja, in a way, emphasizes the same philosophy with a religious connotation.

Sorry to hear the conking off of your Punto's ECU, gopikb.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2013, 16:36   #748
BHPian

Ravi, Thanks for the kind words. Even though my ECU went bad, FIAT Service ensured that it did not dampen the ownership experience. The FIAT RSA responded splendidly and arranged the vehicle to be towed to service station within 45 minutes of me calling them. I was into my 3.5 years of ownership when this happened with the extended warranty covered till the 4th year.

FIAT did take 2 weeks or so to send the replacement ECU. But there was not a question asked, no warranty papers requested. They replaced the faulty ECU with a new one and in the end, I was returned the car in perfect condition with Rs.0 charged to my pocket. I did not have to go through the trouble of fighting for replacement. I was very pleased with FIAT honoring the warranty without trouble.
gopikb is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2013, 22:26   #749
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
FIAT did take 2 weeks or so to send the replacement ECU. But there was not a question asked, no warranty papers requested. They replaced the faulty ECU with a new one and in the end, I was returned the car in perfect condition with Rs.0 charged to my pocket. I did not have to go through the trouble of fighting for replacement. I was very pleased with FIAT honoring the warranty without trouble.
Not wanting to hijack Ravi's thread. But was just curious to know what was the reason for the failure ? Just plain part failure or something else? Did Fiat share details on the same?
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2013, 22:35   #750
BHPian

Quote:
We worshipped our Linea today on the occasion of Ayudha Pooja and thanked her for all the trouble-free trips we had in the past across 23 states/UT in India and Bhutan, and also, prayed for the trouble-free trips in future!

Attachment 1152152

Attachment 1152153

Ravi Sir
I was going through most of your posts on this thread. Pictures and words speak everything. What could I say more.
Jodis are made in heaven

Jokes apart my complements to a very passionate owner and a beautiful piece of ride. Both you and the car deserve each other. ( Hope your better half does not read the posts )
Ohh!Oxygen is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote