Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 18th February 2010, 15:59   #226
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPai View Post
Guys, Car has completed nearly 11,000 kms. Last tank full returned 14.19 kmpl!
(381 kms for 26.84 litres, Normal HP, Auto cut off)

Points to be observed:
1) This time it was not all ideal conditions for good mileage. Had to face some spans of frustrating bumper to bumper traffic.
2) 60% AC
3) Did not really turn off the vehicle at signals.

So i guess, if we are disciplined, we can achieve more

Though i may not try this time around(Just want to be carefree while driving), i do want to see how much more this car can achieve, even while maintaining a pretty good, non boring and enjoyable way of city driving.
this is great...i saw most people telling they are getting 11-12 only in city driving...mine is giving only 12 but it has not gone to 2nd service also...is it that the mileage was little bit on the lower side for you initially?
My wife drives it most of the times, she is new to driving so maybe because of that the mileage is on the lower side..however have seen experienced folks report 12 too...wondering what is the most expected mileage for the 1.2...
mkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2010, 16:22   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
this is great...i saw most people telling they are getting 11-12 only in city driving...mine is giving only 12 but it has not gone to 2nd service also...is it that the mileage was little bit on the lower side for you initially?
My wife drives it most of the times, she is new to driving so maybe because of that the mileage is on the lower side..however have seen experienced folks report 12 too...wondering what is the most expected mileage for the 1.2...
Yes mkh, in the beginning even i used to get between 12 and 13kmpl. Worse being 11 odd. Change in driving style improved the mileage.

I would say 12 kmpl in Bangalore traffic is actually good, if you get more, really its a bonus. Too much stop and go most of the time right?
iPai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2010, 16:38   #228
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes mkh, in the beginning even i used to get between 12 and 13kmpl. Worse being 11 odd. Change in driving style improved the mileage.

I would say 12 kmpl in Bangalore traffic is actually good, if you get more, really its a bonus. Too much stop and go most of the time right?
Yeah its stop and go most of the times and as mentioned, wife is driving- she has just learnt 3 months back so maybe that affects the mileage- tho she is driving in proper gears...lets wait for another 2-3 months cause the service manager told me i should get in the range of 14...my concern was that i saw most people report 12 and around on the i-10 forums too..
mkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2010, 17:19   #229
BHPian

Mine has run about 4K km now, and I have always been getting around 11.8-12.0 kmpl. Can't expect too much; a good part of my driving is always in bumper-to-bumper traffic.

The thing I don't know is how much I might be getting on a long drive. I've gone only on one long drive, and didn't bother to check then - it was way too early.
subhashnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2010, 21:51   #230
BHPian

Hi Guys, I had already posted in this thread about the mileage that I get but didn't get time to elaborate. I mainly use my i10 on the highways. My car has clocked 16k KMs and it is due for third service in April. I bought my i10 April last year. I have been consistently getting 18/19 KMPL. I travel mostly during the night times or early morning times, so I don't use AC most of the times. Even when I use AC the mileage just drops by 1 KMPL.

These are things that I follow to get good mileage:

1. I maintain 34 psi tyre pressure and check tyre pressure every week. (Manual suggests to maintain the tyre pressure between 33 and 35 depending on the load)
2. I maintain speed between 80 and 100 Kmph. (few times I consistently hit 120 to 130 KMPH and the mileage dropped to 16 KMPL. So ideal speed to get good mileage is 80 to 100)
3. I do not accelerate abruptly, acceleration is very linear. Like wise breaking is also linear.
4. Always fill petrol in shell petrol station or other stations where I feel that the meters are not rigged

I do not drive much within the city, but with the amount of city driving I did, I can say that I get close to 15 KMPL without using AC.

Few modifications that I have done so far (not performance modifications :-) ):

1. Upgraded headlight to 100/90 using relays (Stock bulbs are not sufficient for highway driving hence upgraded head lights.)
2. Installed fog lamps from Hyundai.
3. Upgraded to Roots horns(need strong horns to push lorries to left hand side of the road).
4. New seat covers for 4500 rs.
5. Fitted Sony HU and 4 basic speakers with tweeters (I am looking forward to upgrade the ICE in the coming months)
6. Fitted gear lock
7. Fitted cobra security system.

When ever I find time, I would post a complete long term ownership report. For the time being I am just posting in Svaid's thread.
sabsubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 10:18   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svaid View Post

In the afternoon, I recieve call from SA telling me that they have called people from Hyundai technical team who are looking in to the issue. They have explained to those people what all has been tried in the workshop without success. They are now looking in to the car on their own. He claims that they need time till 4:30 and that issue should get resolved as they are the best guys

I keep my fingers crossed, hope and pray what he says becomes true.
To be continued......
Sorry folks for not updating the thread for a while. I had been occupied with a personal project and had been a bit inactive on the forum( only reading occasionally but not writing ). I thank the thread by ADC (Safari VTT-TMT Exotic Tour - Known and Unknown Western Arunachal and Nameri[Assam]) to bring me back in full force again.

Continuing on where I left, Hyundai did a great job of resolving that under steering noise. Its completely went away after technicians from Hyundai got involved to see it. I think they put in some vibration damping pad to resolve the problem ( see bill ). I thank folks at HMP ( especially the Customer Care Manager ) for ensuring resolution.

It has been about 2500 Kms after the issues has been fixed. There is not under steering noise now.

However, there are two other issues which are concerning me now

a) Left front suspension is making a lot of noise whenever the road has slight uneven-ness. The sound seems concerning to me. Note that the car is driven only in Delhi and the road condition all over is pretty good.So I am surprised what exactly has happened

b) Second problem is that the clutch is again becoming hard. I sense there is some serious issue with my car. Every time it is reported to the service centre, it gets conveniently attributed to riding the clutch. However, that is not the case at all with the vehicle. I am the only driver for Mr Kappa and have been taking extreme care not to abuse the clutch in any way. I would like to know if other owners are facing any similar problem. If the clutch is going to become this hard every 2K kms, It is a huge problem for me.

I plan to report these issues to HMP in the coming service. Clutch & Pressure plate were replaced in Jan itself - so it sounds pretty concerning to me that the clutch has become hard. Lets see how it goes.

The service bill for the work done in Jan ( Note that I was not charged anything though earlier I was told to pay for the clutch plate - thanks to Hyundai once again for this )
Attached Thumbnails
i10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report-bill.png  

svaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 10:31   #232
BHPian

Good to know that the under steering noise issue is solved svaid. Can you elaborate as to what they exactly did? I plan to go to the service centre this Saturday for the same issue. May be i can suggest them something. Did they open up the dashboard?
Old 25th March 2010, 12:25   #233
BHPian

svaid, please elaborate more on the steering noise problem resolution. My i-10 has same problem. I am planning to give it to HASS soon.
ulhas.ahirrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 13:06   #234
BHPian

One more query guys, i-10's second service is after 9K service. The first oil change is done at that time. Isn't it too late to change the oil? My car is @ 3600 KM. Should I go-ahead and change the oil?
Old 25th March 2010, 14:36   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulhas.ahirrao View Post
One more query guys, i-10's second service is after 9K service. The first oil change is done at that time. Isn't it too late to change the oil? My car is @ 3600 KM. Should I go-ahead and change the oil?
@Ulhas i don't think they might have changed the oil unless you insisted to change and bare the cost of the oil and filter max they might have topup the oils. so it is better to change the oil in second service irrespective of the KMs run and it is almost more than 6months in run in period.
Mr.Bangalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 14:54   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Mr.Bangalore
sorry I didn't make my self clear. The oil is not been changed yet, car is 4 months old @ 3600 km. The second service is due after two months / 9k km. My question is should I wait for two more months or change the oil right away.
Old 25th March 2010, 14:58   #237
BHPian

Default Clutch Problem

@svaid,
I do have the clutch problem ie clutching become very hard after one of my recent Chennai trip. I took it to Trident A.S.S, Bangalore and the SA advised to change the Clutch cable and as usual he was giving reasons that this could be because of the driving style, etc.
After the change of the clutch cable, it was even worst, the ply of the pedal was not proper, etc. I asked the SA to tighten the Clutch cable little bit but he did not agree and gave me reasons that Clutch assembly would have gone. You ride for some days and than we will change the clutch assembly, etc.
I was really unhappy about the way the SA handled this. I was sure, he was trying to force me to replace the clutch assembly.
I left that place and the next day i went to Advaith Hyundai A.S.S and i know one SA and told him the problems. He asked one of the service guy to tighten the clutch cable and the ply was back to normal. Even the clutch was not hard now but he mentioned that it is little hard(very minimal hardness). He has asked me to run it for 10 days as the clutch cable was replaced and then come back to check that again.
rk_sans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 10:42   #238
BHPian

Quote:
svaid, please elaborate more on the steering noise problem resolution. My i-10 has same problem. I am planning to give it to HASS soon.
If you look at my updates, folks at Service Centre were not able to identify/solve the issue. It took direct intervention from Hyundai to address the problem. All I know is that they did some work in the suspension ( tightening + damping ). Even the service advisor was not completely aware what exactly had been done when I specifically asked him. He just told me that we updated those guys on what all had been tried earlier and then they took over. They were claiming that they have not seen similar noise with other i10s and hence this is a one off case.

Quote:
sorry I didn't make my self clear. The oil is not been changed yet, car is 4 months old @ 3600 km. The second service is due after two months / 9k km. My question is should I wait for two more months or change the oil right away.
You can wait for two months and get it changed on next service. I did the same thing and no issues with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
He has asked me to run it for 10 days as the clutch cable was replaced and then come back to check that again.
Good to know that your issue got resolved by tightening the clutch cable. Keep us updated if you observe anything new wrt the clutch
svaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 11:17   #239
BHPian

Thanks for the update svaid. I am planning to go tomorrow morning to Advaith service Centre. If my SA is interested to know what the Hyundai guys did, is there any contact number so that he can talk to them. As far as i know, this SA is quite a nice guy and is willing to learn. The other day he got from me the link to team-bhp and was telling that he would like to get infos on various issues faced by car owners and how they got it fixed.

Kindly PM/post in this thread, the number if you have.
Old 26th March 2010, 11:19   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the update svaid. I am planning to go tomorrow morning to Advaith service Centre. If my SA is interested to know what the Hyundai guys did, is there any contact number so that he can talk to them. As far as i know, this SA is quite a nice guy and is willing to learn. The other day he got from me the link to team-bhp and was telling that he would like to get infos on various issues faced by car owners and how they got it fixed.

Kindly PM/post in this thread, the number if you have.
@ipai,
Which Advaith Service center do you visit ?
rk_sans is online now   Reply With Quote