Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 8th February 2011, 17:01   #316
BHPian

Default Re: i10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
@ipai,
That's an incredible mileage you are getting in bangalore. Which road do you take normally.
And also any other changes you did to improve the mileage?
However i drive, my mileage has never gone above 12, its permanently struck at 12 always.
My regular trips are:
1) From my home in Bellandur to office in Doddanekkundi and back- Entire stretch in Outer Ring Road(Now hardly any bumper to bumper traffic at the service road in front of ecospace, my house is before the junction so i dont face the other side heavy traffic as well)
2) Weekend: Generally on Sarjapur road - MK retail/Total Mall.
3) Weekend: Through Agara to Koramangala
4) I fill up at Shell after Kundalahalli gate.

Well this is it.

Regular practice while driving: Upshift at or just before 2000 rpms. Mind you its not that sluggish . I know some prefer to shift at 2500 rpms which i used to do before this beautiful thread from svaid came into picture. Then mileage used to me max 12.5 kmpl. Other than that hardly anything else. Sometimes i do quite some spirited driving i.e., spirited after i cross 70 kmph Because till i reach 70 odd, i need to up shift at 2000 rpms religiously.

After i started shifting at 2000 rpms, mileage improved and was in the range 12.75 to 14.15 kmpl. Now with no bumper to bumper traffic its nearing 15kmpl!!

Shell petrol is awesome!! Even at 100 kmph the engine seems so smooth!! I don't remember now, but i think with HP/IOC etc there used to be mild coarseness at that speed. Now its super smooth.
iPai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2011, 21:04   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPai View Post
I know some prefer to shift at 2500 rpms which i used to do before this beautiful thread from svaid came into picture. Then mileage used to me max 12.5 kmpl. Other than that hardly anything else.
Hey IPai glad to hear that you are now getting excellent mileage. BTW, I have been a bit inactive on the thread for a while because of some turbulence on the job side and guess what???? - a Delhite has just got Bangalored!
All the places that you mentioned regarding your weekend/weekday trips just sound so familiar now. Havent got Mr Kappa from Delhi as yet here as it is needed by the family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPai View Post
Shell petrol is awesome!! Even at 100 kmph the engine seems so smooth!! I don't remember now, but i think with HP/IOC etc there used to be mild coarseness at that speed. Now its super smooth.
Thanks for the input regarding Shell. I guess I saw that pump while going to Forum Value/Valley??? mall from marathahalli if that is the one you are referring to. And where do you get the servicing done from - Is it Advaith?

BTW an office colleague wanted me to join for TD of i10/20 at Advaith today looking at my experiences in this thread. Got a chance to look at the face lifted model in detail ( I have a 2008 one). Pretty nice changes I must say. I also saw what they called as a customized i10 wearing yokohama 185/60 R14 shoes - though the salesman didnt have any answer to my question if upgrading tyres will void the warranty from Hyundai.
svaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2011, 21:39   #318
BHPian

Delighted to know that you will be here svaid! We can meet sometime!

I live around half a km away from advaith hyundai at ORR. I bought and get my car serviced there.

You are spot on. I fill at the Shell on the way to Forum Value Mall

In fact, i got her filled today. Owing to some bumper to bumper traffic and more of AC(90% this time) this time she returned 13.95kmpl which is still not bad!

I speak to a particular advisor as well as a particular SA there. Let me know if you need the names. I can send you that by PM.
Of late have been seeing a lot of new i10s. I actually like the looks. The Gen 1 is not bad either, but then the new one follows the new design principle i guess. Looks a bit similar to the front end of Verna RB.

Last edited by iPai : 20th February 2011 at 21:42.
Old 21st February 2011, 13:11   #319
BHPian

@svaid,
Welcome to Bangalore.
We should make one i10 tbhp meets. what say guys ?
rk_sans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2011, 16:10   #320
BHPian

Quote:
@svaid,
Welcome to Bangalore.
I am game to this guys!! We can plan this one.

When and where to be decided
Old 22nd February 2011, 16:12   #321
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@svaid,
Welcome to Bangalore.
Can't be a Team-BHP meet then. You can't plan model specific meets in Team-BHP.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2011, 21:45   #322
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: i10 kappa sportz - 1 year/16K kms ownership report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Thanks @samurai for the heads up. In fact, i didn't knew about this.
Old 23rd February 2011, 22:22   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Was there not recently a safari meet?

Quote:
Thanks @samurai for the heads up. In fact, i didn't knew about this.
i'm sure he's pulling a fast one. correct me please if i'm wrong. if so i apologize in advance.

we can just assume it was by pure coincidence that most turned out to be i10's.
optimist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2011, 12:01   #324
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist View Post
Was there not recently a safari meet?
Can you kindly provide the link.

Quote:
i'm sure he's pulling a fast one. correct me please if i'm wrong. if so i apologize in advance.
No, it is a real rule I am afraid.

Quote:
we can just assume it was by pure coincidence that most turned out to be i10's.
Well, it is a free country. If you do arrange for a i10 only meet, please don't use Team-BHP forum to plan it or to write reports of it.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2011, 19:04   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Can you kindly provide the link.

No, it is a real rule I am afraid.

Well, it is a free country. If you do arrange for a i10 only meet, please don't use Team-BHP forum to plan it or to write reports of it.
Sorry for the late reply. i met with an accident.

Well, in that case i'm sorry. i must have missed it somehow.

regarding the link, this was just a gathering and i do not know if this can be called as an official meet. I don't want to cause any problems and prefer to let go of the issue and just follow the rules. Can PM you if required.

optimist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2011, 13:36   #326
BHPian

@svaid,
Sorry to hijack your ownership review, but i thought your thread has become one stop information for i10 owners.
I filled nitrogen, after this times alignment and wheel balancing. The bumpy ride which most i10 owners complaint, i feel has reduced by at least 25-30%. Anybody tried and experiences ?
Old 6th March 2011, 15:27   #327
BHPian

rk_sans, I would like to try the same. I have never tried nitrogen before. Where did you get it done?

Currently, i fill up at Shell after kundalahalli gate and i fill up @31 ps all tires. As such ride is pliant. At 33ps ride used to be a bit bouncy.

By the way latest FE stands at 14.25kmpl with some rough driving and about 80% AC. I am extremely happy with the consistency i am getting from this car! I think the car is settling now at the 14-15kmpl level. And all this using Shell Normal which costs Rs. 68.25 at Bangalore.
Old 7th March 2011, 11:09   #328
BHPian

I got the nitrogen filled at Madhu's(Langford rd). Most of the places you can find Nitrogen now, it has become common.
I used to keep @33ps earlier also and it was bouncy and now with nitrogen,I have filled @33ps again, so i can find the huge difference in the ride quality.
Again, that's a awesome mileage you getting. Mine is struck at 12Kmpl.
Old 18th March 2011, 15:01   #329
BHPian

Not sure if it's off-track here, but since this thread is a nice review and discussion on i10 ownership, i'd like to have this concern of mine about my new i10 Kappa-2 Sportz run by here.

It's run close to 1200 Kms now and of late i've been noticing that after stopping/parking the car and switching off the engine i hear continuous ticking noise form underneath the car. I'm given to understand by the HASS (when i complained of this during the first service a week back), that this is probably the exhaust pipe cooling-off.

As such there's no issue with the car and the ride, just wondering if this ticking sound is something to worry about. I have been observing this even on a couple of kms ride (meaning not necessarily after a long ride to heat-up the engine a lot).

Any thoughts on this one ?
Steve_Austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2011, 12:10   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Austin View Post
Not sure if it's off-track here, but since this thread is a nice review and discussion on i10 ownership, i'd like to have this concern of mine about my new i10 Kappa-2 Sportz run by here.

It's run close to 1200 Kms now and of late i've been noticing that after stopping/parking the car and switching off the engine i hear continuous ticking noise form underneath the car. I'm given to understand by the HASS

Any thoughts on this one ?
That's quite true, ticking sound is exhaust cooling. If you would you have observed on bikes also you can hear this sound. On the other side I never noticed this on my i10.

Cheers !!!
Milestone is offline   Reply With Quote