Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 2nd April 2016, 21:30   #451

Default Re: Hawk-On-Fours® (H-4®) with a tail - Scorpio mHawk 4WD

[quote=SS-Traveller;3566987]Five years and 1,16,000 km later, the Hawk-On-Fours®' air-conditioner went into **limp mode**. For the last two weeks, the cooling dropped while a whistling sound started emanating from the system at low RPM - very indicative of a gas leak.

Hi SS- Traveler, I read your entire ownership experience, it was very detailed and good to diagnose Scorpio some how. My query to you is I have experienced
similar kind of issue for my AC, wherein I heard a hissing sound from the AC vent and its not cooling any more. It doesn't feel that the AC is started when it was pushed. What could be the problem and shall I take my car to same shop as I live in South Delhi or any other place you can recomend.

Scorpio LX 2012- ODO 27500 KMS.
wars n cars th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2016, 22:12   #452
BHPian

Same problem with my car . You have to change a component which will cost app 19K inr . For this they will rip apart the entire dashboard of your Scorpio . Will share my Scorpio pictures tomorrow
Ranga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2016, 08:00   #453
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wars n cars th View Post
I have experienced
similar kind of issue for my AC, wherein I heard a hissing sound from the AC vent and its not cooling any more. It doesn't feel that the AC is started when it was pushed. What could be the problem and shall I take my car to same shop as I live in South Delhi or any other place you can recomend.

Scorpio LX 2012- ODO 27500 KMS.
Sure, you can take it to the same AC shop (Cooldays at Lajpat Nagar, listed in the directory section). There has obviously been a gas leak, but he would be the best person to determine where the leak is.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2017, 21:13   #454
Distinguished - BHPian

Update:

Hawk-On-Fours® (H-4®) with a tail - Scorpio mHawk 4WD-150000.jpg

This came up on 9 January 2017 at Kolkata, and H-4® continues to run trouble-free, touch wood.

On this 3700-km run (including city running in Kolkata and a diversion to Shantiniketan), the H-4® performed like it hasn't for a long time - thanks to the availability of Reliance diesel all along the NH2 (now called NH19 / AH1). The engine runs smoother, accelerates much better, and FE has improved a bit - at one time I calculated >13.5 kmpl, but am yet to calculate the overall FE. In addition, the last two oil changes have been with Unocal76 CH4 grade oil, which I suspect has also contributed to the feel-good factor.

And the NGT wants this car dead and scrapped in another 2 years and 9 months.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 20th January 2017 at 21:29.
SS-Traveller is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote