Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 26th October 2009, 11:48   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

ask sanjeev khurana, the palio guru on PUG - he can get you the settings to help!
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 14:04   #17
BHPian

Default Dealer/TASS Gives a Proper 15000 KM Service

Hi all,

I was called by Abhishek Motors yesterday to get the unfinished 15000 KM service done properly. I inquired if the required parts were with them or not. On being told in the affirmative I took the car to them this morning and was surprised by the enthusiasm of the folks there.

In fact I had, with some help from Finney, sent an email to the CEO Fiat explaining the shortcomings in the previous free service of my car. Though there was no reply to me it seems that the CEO's team took care of my complaint by contacting the dealer. My 10 month old problem of the rear door locking lever also finally got solved to my satisfaction.

I only hope, as already expressed by Finney, that the TASS keeps rendering satisfactory service to Fiat owners without the intervention of the Fiat CEO.

Engine oil had to be changed again at my expense for replacement of oil filter. The following is the list:

HP 15W40 - 3.2 ltr = Rs. 816
Air Filter = Rs. 253
Fuel Filter = Rs. 2,950
Oil Filter = Rs. 439 Brake Pads = Replaced FoC
Discounts = - Rs. 223 Labor = Free
Total Paid = Rs. 4235

I was sold 3.7 ltr of engine oil in the unfinished free service which went waste. Also, with the odo reading 16655 KM, my 22,500 KM service is not too far away .
tortoiseNhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 14:38   #18
BHPian

Hat's of to you TortoiseNhare for sticking with the FIAT service.... I had been to Abhishek Motors in July when I was last at Guwahati... they let me test drive the Punto...
Lets hope that Abhishek continues to take care of your car without any CEO intervention...
prateekswarup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 15:25   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekswarup View Post
Hat's of to you TortoiseNhare for sticking with the FIAT service.... I had been to Abhishek Motors in July when I was last at Guwahati... they let me test drive the Punto...
Lets hope that Abhishek continues to take care of your car without any CEO intervention...
Thanks mate. Is it that you came to Guwahati in your Uno and got it serviced at Abhishek Motors? Abhishek has the main service centre near Jalukbari and their original showroom is at Silpukhuri, located within the heart of the city. Which place did you visit?
Old 23rd November 2009, 15:56   #20
BHPian

Default A scare and subsequent relief

As I had mentioned in architect's thread (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/56553-fiat-palio-stile-multijet-long-term-review.html) the front left wheel of my car started making a metal brushing kind of sound after the underbody was hit due to the unusual difference of height between the shoulder of the road and the tarmac as I was giving way to a truck. The sound stopped after driving another 2-3 kms even as I was taking the car to a mechanic yesterday. Today I had a thorough checkup done and to my relief there seems to be no damage. The cause of the sound was attributed to stone-chip or some other hard substance entangled somewhere in the disc brake assembly which went out on its own.

The odo now reads 17,200 and exactly 1 month to go when I celebrate the birthday(owningday?) of my car. I want to get to the 20,000 mark by then. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited by tortoiseNhare : 23rd November 2009 at 16:00. Reason: Added lines
Old 25th November 2009, 15:23   #21
Senior - BHPian

Try getting rid of the scratches using a rubbing compound (i use Formula 1 Scratch Out - available at Big Bazaar) and touch it up with Wax (i use F'1 Canuuba Wax) - try it out.

Wheel Alignment - IIRC you can only correct the Toe-in and Toe-out (Camber / Castor can be corrected by replacing old suspension parts with new - eg, lower arm, etc - gurus can correct me if i am wrong).

All The best
planet_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 15:32   #22
BHPian

Thanks for the tips planet_rocker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
Wheel Alignment - IIRC you can only correct the Toe-in and Toe-out (Camber / Castor can be corrected by replacing old suspension parts with new - eg, lower arm, etc - gurus can correct me if i am wrong).
How costly is that? Hope I won't need to do that any time soon.
Old 23rd December 2009, 12:24   #23
BHPian

Today is the first anniversary of my ownership of the Fiat Palio Multijet. The car has served me well over the last year. Though I too start cribbing about the Tata A** at the drop of a hat I must admit that the overall service experience in this first year has been good. The commonly reported multijet issues apart the car has never given me any cause to worry. The best part is, the car has enthused me to take up many weekend and longer trips. On bad roads some rattling noise is now clearly audible. I'll see if it could be corrected in the 22,500 km service.

Kilometres done (as of 11.30 am on 23/12/09) = 19,355 (Sorry Phamilyman, I promise a better show in 2010). That's little in diesel standard but quite a leap from my previous 9K-ish per year M800 average. There is some hope of celebrating the anniversary with a 4-day trip to Thimphu-Paro-Punakha in Bhutan by the end of this month/year.
Old 23rd December 2009, 12:43   #24
Senior - BHPian

Good to know that you are enjoying your car. That's a good amount of driving you've been doing !
sdp1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2009, 12:50   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Good to know that you are enjoying your car. That's a good amount of driving you've been doing !
Thanks sdp1975. I gather from your signature that you drive a Punto MJD. I love that car. Do you face any problem due to its slightly longer turning radius?
Old 23rd December 2009, 13:18   #26
BANNED

Congrats on happy birthday of your car and wish you enjoy many more years to come with same enthusiasm.
I was reading from the start and must say nice write up.
jacksons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2009, 13:32   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
Thanks sdp1975. I gather from your signature that you drive a Punto MJD. I love that car. Do you face any problem due to its slightly longer turning radius?
Yes the turning radius is on the higher side, but I don't have to take that many U-turns, maybe just 1 or 2 in a month so I don't really have a major issue with it.
sdp1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2009, 13:51   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
Congrats on happy birthday of your car and wish you enjoy many more years to come with same enthusiasm.
I was reading from the start and must say nice write up.
Thanks jacksons. I plan to keep this car for 5 years at least. Hope to have a good time with her.
Old 16th January 2010, 08:42   #29
BHPian

My car was rear ended on 13th Jan in the evening by a Ford Fiesta inside the Saraighat Bridge over river Brahmaputra. The result is shown below:

Fiat Palio Multijet : An ownership log-rear-ended.jpg

The bridge at that time was jam packed with vehicles and the last thing I wanted was a traffic jam there. So I asked the driver to drive ahead to a place just across the bridge where parking space was available. As I parked my car there the wretch just sped away. I had noted the registration number of the vehicle and subsequently lodged a police complaint. Because of bihu holidays the DTO's office was closed for the last two days and the owner has not yet been traced. I am really mad about the crappy attitude of the driver who had claimed to be the owner of the car.

Yesterday I took my vehicle to the TASC for assessing the damage. According to them the only way out is to replace the bumper. The cost involved is about 5700 for bumper, 3000 for painting, 750 for labour and taxes extra. An independent garage owner said that he had a machine to sort of stitch up the crack and after a paint job the damage will be invisible. I'll decide what to do after meeting the Fiesta owner. I haven't yet talked to my insurer so I don't know how much they would cover, in case I can't extract any compensation from that bugger.
Old 16th January 2010, 15:03   #30
BHPian

Dude..noe that a police complaint is lodged you wont be able to extract anything from the owner.
I had the same experiance with a tavera guy who sped away after i stopped.I lodged a police complaint.Next day the guy was traced and called to police station and so was i.He was the owner of the car and he said said sorry and was ready to pay damages if i withdrew the complaint.I said ok and requested the police to cancel my report upon which they said that its not possible now and adviced me to claim insurance and that the driver of the tavera will be fined and punished by court.
shantyrocks is offline   Reply With Quote