Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 16th January 2010, 18:28   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
Dude..noe that a police complaint is lodged you wont be able to extract anything from the owner.
Thanks. Actually I was explained about this thing by the police officer himself. He has actually accepted my complaint in plain paper and the FIR has not yet been lodged. He is probably interested to be the mediator for a cut. In the mean time I have found the name and (incomplete) address of the owner but no phone number. I am giving myself 2 more days to trace him on my own. Else I'll give the info to the police officer and promise him a big cut from whatever he can extract from the owner.

EDIT: The owner got my message through the Ford Service Centre. He had just rang me up and seemed to be a decent fellow. Tomorrow we are meeting.

Last edited by tortoiseNhare : 16th January 2010 at 18:45. Reason: Recent development
tortoiseNhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2010, 11:45   #32
Senior - BHPian

FIAT will never learn how to treat customers. Have you tried escalating the issues with FIAT top heads. Not that it is very useful but sometimes it works. The door lock thing not repaired over such a long period and the basic parts like filters not available is just unacceptable. What are you planning to do.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2010, 13:38   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
FIAT will never learn how to treat customers. Have you tried escalating the issues with FIAT top heads. Not that it is very useful but sometimes it works. The door lock thing not repaired over such a long period and the basic parts like filters not available is just unacceptable. What are you planning to do.
Thanks for your support Gemi. I had mailed the facts to the Fiat India CEO with Finney's help. The things were done to my satisfaction immediately after that, as I had mentioned in one of the previous posts in this thread.

The Ford Fiesta owner (of the car that had hit my car and cracked the rear bumper) met me yesterday and promised to bear the expenses of the repair work.

Last edited by tortoiseNhare : 18th January 2010 at 13:39.
Old 4th February 2010, 15:54   #34
BHPian

Default More bad news

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
The owner got my message through the Ford Service Centre. He had just rang me up and seemed to be a decent fellow. Tomorrow we are meeting.
The meeting did take place but the bugger ended up playing truant. In spite of his tall promises I only drew a blank in the name of payment. I then decided to get the bumper stitched and repainted. The paint shop guy was a a good workman and I was billed Rs. 2000 for the job. The bumper looked as good as new. But then bad days do come in short intervals. Even before I could photograph the car with the repaired bumper there came another bang exactly at the same place, this time from a Tata Spacio commercial vehicle yesterday morning. The bumper now looks in a mess, the paint and putty from the just repaired portion peeling off exposing the metal-wire stitches.

This time I was hit while stopping at a traffic point, right in front of a traffic policeman. The policeman was prompt in ordering the Spacio driver to park his vehicle on the side first. Because of his presence I was somewhat relaxed and didn't note the regn. no. of the vehicle. Little did I know that the driver would speed away from right under the nose of the cop. Next thing the cop did was to sit in my car requesting me to catch up with the Spacio. I am no racing expert and predictably I lost his track after some time. The number plate was obstructed by the legs of the handyman standing on the rear foot-board and hence the last hope of catching the wretch vanished too. By that time we had traveled about 5 kms. The cop then requested me to drop him back at his place of duty.

Last edited by tortoiseNhare : 4th February 2010 at 15:56.
Old 5th February 2010, 16:21   #35
BHPian

Forget it dude and carry on..
These things are just not in our control.
Do tie a nimbu-mirchi on your bumper though.
shantyrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 16:39   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
Forget it dude and carry on..
These things are just not in our control.
Do tie a nimbu-mirchi on your bumper though.
Thanks shantyrocks. In a way those accidents were not that bad considering that no harm was done to the tail lamp clusters. The difficult-to-get-in-stock reflectors on the bumper are also intact.
Old 5th February 2010, 19:17   #37
Senior - BHPian

That is tough luck getting rear ended a second time. Are u replacing the bumper itself this time or are you going in for sutures again??

By the way, congrats on completing 1 year and relatively trouble free ownership of the Palio MJD.
abhinav.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 22:06   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
That is tough luck getting rear ended a second time. Are u replacing the bumper itself this time or are you going in for sutures again??

By the way, congrats on completing 1 year and relatively trouble free ownership of the Palio MJD.
Thanks Abhinav. Since the stitches seem to be holding together fine, I'll get her another makeup job tomorrow. In the not so distant future I think the replacement of the bumper will be inevitable. It is not available off the shelf and I have to order one in advance.

BTW, the odo is now past the 22,000 km mark.
Old 5th February 2010, 23:11   #39
Senior - BHPian

Hey, TnH, I know those damages hurt, but don't fret so much. I have had my entire lower left side painted within 3 months of buying the car. Further, I had to repaint both bumpers once. It's part and parcel of owning a car, so just drive carefully and leave the rest!

I am going for my 37,500 km service tomorrow. Will update after coming back from Delhi-Kanpur trip at the end of the month and hopefully close to 40,000 km.
architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2010, 07:11   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Hey, TnH, I know those damages hurt, but don't fret so much. I have had my entire lower left side painted within 3 months of buying the car. Further, I had to repaint both bumpers once. It's part and parcel of owning a car, so just drive carefully and leave the rest!

I am going for my 37,500 km service tomorrow. Will update after coming back from Delhi-Kanpur trip at the end of the month and hopefully close to 40,000 km.
Thanks architect. I am at peace with myself now regarding those minor mishaps. BTW how many times have you changed the fuel (diesel) filter till now?
Old 6th February 2010, 16:41   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks mate. Is it that you came to Guwahati in your Uno and got it serviced at Abhishek Motors? Abhishek has the main service centre near Jalukbari and their original showroom is at Silpukhuri, located within the heart of the city. Which place did you visit?
Hey TnH....

Good to see that you are having a relative good time in the hands of TASS at Abhishek Motors. The back to back bumper hits - ouch!

I had traveled to the Silpukhri one, I guess.. the one near Assam Tribune or some such office? [Haven't been to Guwahati that often... dad knows the area better ] I had just gone to check up on the Punto there. FIAT had just launched it in India and Abhishek Motors was getting their first batch of Puntos' then.

A very late reply to a long ago posted query, but I had somehow missed your question the last time I checked... apologies...

Also, my Uno was in Karnataka then and I was visiting my folks in Assam.

Anyways, here's wishing for a better and uneventful year for your Palio
prateekswarup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2010, 23:34   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW how many times have you changed the fuel (diesel) filter till now?
Diesel filter was changed at 15,000 and 30,000 km. Just got through with the 37,500 km service. Routine service, nothing to report. Clutch-brakes were bled and fluid entirely replaced (just 2 months short of two years now,so had to go for it). Next service will see a coolant change.

Am also contemplating fitting the rear wiper and spray (mine is the SDE). Wiper motor and arm cost around Rs 3,000. Rest of the piping and wiring is the painful part. Will require a day and some R&D.
Old 7th February 2010, 00:04   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

@architect: 3k - that's fricken cheap. it costs 7k plus labor in maruti suzuki once I roughly asked in Competent!

WORTH it boss!!
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2010, 07:31   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekswarup View Post
I was visiting my folks in Assam.

Anyways, here's wishing for a better and uneventful year for your Palio
Thanks prateekswarup and do meet me on your next visit to Assam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Am also contemplating fitting the rear wiper and spray (mine is the SDE). Wiper motor and arm cost around Rs 3,000. Rest of the piping and wiring is the painful part. Will require a day and some R&D.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
@architect: 3k - that's fricken cheap. it costs 7k plus labor in maruti suzuki once I roughly asked in Competent!

WORTH it boss!!
The rear wiper and spray at Rs. 3,000 is really tempting but I am not too confident about the guys at our TASS to pull off something, that is not so routine, without any side effect.

Request to the Mods: Could you change the title of this thread into something like "Palio Multijet: An ownership report", please?

Last edited by tortoiseNhare : 7th February 2010 at 07:50.
Old 7th February 2010, 21:54   #45
Senior - BHPian

Luckily, the combination switch and requisite holes for mounting and fixing all the components are already there. Only wires, pipe, wiper arm, nozzle and motor are required. The installation is not so tricky.

My only worry is that halfway through the installation, some guy will realize some part is not available and it will all go kaput!