Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 9th June 2010, 10:07   #91
BHPian

Yesterday evening they delivered the car after the service.
The bill turned out to be Rs.4450/-

Below are the details:
Service Labour Charge = Rs.1200/-
Cleaning of A/C tray = Rs.300/- (There was water leakage earlier)
Engine Oil = Rs.599/- (3.2 lts x Rs.187/-)
Oil Filter = Rs.387/-
Fuel Filter = Rs.1034/-
Transmission oil = Rs.93/- (I guess this is Gear box oil top-up)
Air Filter = Rs.250/-

They didn't change the PS oil since they found it not required for now.

Body wash and interior cleaning done free of charge.
ch.nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2010, 23:19   #92
BHPian

I finally managed to open the Fuel filter assembly which was replaced unnecessarily when replacement of only the filtering element would have sufficed.

Fiat Palio Multijet : An ownership log-p1040983.jpg

Fiat Palio Multijet : An ownership log-p1040984.jpg

Fiat Palio Multijet : An ownership log-p1040985.jpg

Fiat Palio Multijet : An ownership log-p1040986.jpg
tortoiseNhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2010, 01:06   #93
Senior - BHPian

I think it's time your friendly neighbourhood TFASC refunded you some money or gave you discounts in future works, what?
architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2010, 21:35   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
I think it's time your friendly neighbourhood TFASC refunded you some money or gave you discounts in future works, what?
I intend to offer the TFASC a tutorial on how to locate/open/fit the fuel filter in the multijets .

They still have some unfinished business with me. I have not yet been told whether the warranty claim has been honoured or not. On the other hand I think I should be charged for the cost of refilling the gas and labour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
The part (flex hose) was sourced by Abhishek motors from a TASS located in Bhubaneswar and today it was fitted. The AC is fine now. The part has an MRP of Rs. 2752. I have claimed replacement under warranty but there is some doubt about the applicability of the claim according to the TASS. I have been allowed to take the car home and what exactly I shall have to fork out will be decided after their consultation with Fiat India.
Old 11th July 2010, 23:31   #95
Senior - BHPian

I hate to sound like giving advice, but I believe that if you can build a good relationship with your ASC, then such issue get sorted out and the money adjusted. This is, however, based on the premise that they intend to do something good in the first place. My guess is that they are not cheats, just somewhat incompetent or lazy in "the land of lahe-lahe" (no offence meant, please).
architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2010, 14:55   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
My guess is that they are not cheats, just somewhat incompetent or lazy in "the land of lahe-lahe" (no offence meant, please).
You are absolutely right.
Old 21st July 2010, 16:20   #97
Senior - BHPian

I too AM Hooked with this car now. All happened in 16 hours of time. Yesterday late afternoon, I just got a thought of buying a diesel hatch/sedan some time next year. Simply started researching on it. I found that the Palio Stile SDX price has been dropped by around a lakh ruppees. Being a ardent Fiat fan since childhood, I just went ahead and booked it. Dealer said it would take 60-90 days for delivery. Its the same Furnace Red color that I have chosen.

What do you guys think about my decision?

tortoiseNhare : This entire thread is beautiful and I liked it a lot. Sorry if you feel hijacked by my post. Due to my love towards Fiat and especially the Palio, I couldnt control and posted

Last edited by funkykar : 21st July 2010 at 16:23.
funkykar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2010, 20:25   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
I found that the Palio Stile SDX price has been dropped by around a lakh ruppees. Being a ardent Fiat fan since childhood, I just went ahead and booked it. Dealer said it would take 60-90 days for delivery. Its the same Furnace Red color that I have chosen.

What do you guys think about my decision?
Good to know that Palio Stiles are still being booked. A friend of mine booked one in June 1st week when the 1 lakh discount was announced. He is awaiting delivery but our dealer seemed reluctant to accept any further Palio bookings.

Quote:
tortoiseNhare : This entire thread is beautiful and I liked it a lot. Sorry if you feel hijacked by my post. Due to my love towards Fiat and especially the Palio, I couldnt control and posted
Thanks, and you are most welcome, mate.
Old 21st July 2010, 20:31   #99
Senior - BHPian

^^ Thanks!

Even the dealership here was kind of reluctant, but after lot of discussions he agreed. Now, I just hope I get my Stile

Its possible that some day I might get a dreaded call saying, no more Stiles, please take your money back. I hope that doesnt happen.

I want to surely join the bandwagon of Stiles
Old 21st July 2010, 20:38   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Good to know that Palio Stiles are still being booked.
Yes.

One more BHPian here is considering a new Palio Stile MJD. (BHPian-ByDesign)

Check how much he likes this machine http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchb...k-dilemma.html (Hatchback Dilemma)
ch.nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2010, 21:29   #101
Senior - BHPian

^^ Thats really a great idea. Happy to see many Stile lovers around. Wish me all the good luck so that Fiat delivers the car to me.
Old 21st July 2010, 22:33   #102
BHPian

Quote:
^^ Thats really a great idea. Happy to see many Stile lovers around. Wish me all the good luck so that Fiat delivers the car to me.
I was very much involved with the booking process of my friend's Stile. At that time stocks of some 2008 and 2009 model Palios were also being cleared and my brother-in-law latched on to a 2008 MJD SDE (in stock with the dealer) for as little as 3,09,000/-.

What I remember is that the 2010 Palio Stiles to be manufactured would be produced with paint schemes of the Punto. That means, no furnace red but exotica red and no magnesium gray but medium gray, and so on. My friend had booked an exotica red accordingly. I am therefore a little surprised that you have been allowed to book a new Palio in the furnace red colour.

Secondly, Bangalore being a Euro IV city, no Euro-III vehicle produced after 31 March 2010 can be registered there. I hope you have an alternate address outside the city limits for the registration of the car once it is delivered.
Old 21st July 2010, 22:52   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What I remember is that the 2010 Palio Stiles to be manufactured would be produced with paint schemes of the Punto. That means, no furnace red but exotica red and no magnesium gray but medium gray, and so on. My friend had booked an exotica red accordingly. I am therefore a little surprised that you have been allowed to book a new Palio in the furnace red colour.

Secondly, Bangalore being a Euro IV city, no Euro-III vehicle produced after 31 March 2010 can be registered there. I hope you have an alternate address outside the city limits for the registration of the car once it is delivered.
Thanks a lot for this valuable information. I will ensure that I get the right color and keep an eye on the model. If they dont have the Furnace Red option, I will fall back to black my default color that I like. I chose furnace red as I fell in love with that color. How can I identify which year the car was manufactured? I mean when the time comes where car has been delivered to their yard. Is there a specific way to identify on the Palios?

Regarding BS3, dealer ensured he would take the hassles of getting it registered at some outskirts. He ensured that I dont need to worry about it and they will handle it fully.
Old 22nd July 2010, 00:11   #104
BHPian

Quote:
How can I identify which year the car was manufactured? I mean when the time comes where car has been delivered to their yard. Is there a specific way to identify on the Palios?
AFAIK, stocks of all the 2008 and 2009 MJDs have been cleared and so you must have been given booking for a fresh 2010 car. For some insight into the color confusion, please read the attached pdf carefully (it's a note issued to the dealers by Fiat, late in May 2010).

Palio Stile Offer.pdf
Old 22nd July 2010, 09:05   #105
Senior - BHPian

^^ I wasnt at all aware of this. I will call up the dealership and check on this. It is possible that the sales guy did not know about this. Furnace red is what I have opted. If its not Furnace Red, I would atleast opt for black. Thanks for this valuable information. Couple of other collegues in my office too are showing interest in this car and may book it today.