Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 9th November 2009, 21:36   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandev View Post
Thanks Guys,
One good thing I discovered in Punto's Music System is its Speed Volume feature. Once you accelerate and on higher speed the engine roars and the same time the volume of system increases/decrease proportionally. I liked the feature so that u need not to adjust volume everytime and keep ur handle over steering. And, yes ofcourse you can dis-engage the feature if you don't want it.
Whoa, this is indeed a neat feature! And I first read about it here, I don't think anyone else has noticed this before and posted about it. It's the little touches that make a huge difference in ownership pride
gomzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 00:22   #17
Senior - BHPian

Excellent Pictures and Great Review!

Also, to enjoy the handling of this lovely car to the fullest, please upgrade the tyres to 195 wide ones and please get the OE alloys as well if they are within budget. With the tyre size upgrade and with a set of good tyres, the handling will move to the next level, trust me.

All the Best!
architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 11:42   #18
Senior - BHPian

Snaps are mesmerizing with crisp report. Try painting the front chrome grill with black. Will definitely enhance the appearance of the vehicle. Not to forget about better alloys & tires would make it a stunning RED hot hatch.
Ramsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 20:00   #19
BHPian

Great pics and excellent Report Sandev,

I have been following your thread closely and it feels good to see the happy owners of Punto.. planning to upgrade to it
ravikn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 22:03   #20

Another review that brings a smile in my face. Stunning pictures. Its a designers car. I totally went with my heart when i made the decision, inspite of all the negative comments from my peers and friends. The auto volume thingy is news for me. Thanks for sharing that.
nexuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 22:53   #21
Senior - BHPian

Good one, the pics are lovely
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2009, 01:34   #22
BHPian

Great review. I love this design too.
quadra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2009, 10:03   #23
BHPian

Sorry guys for responding late!

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Excellent Pictures and Great Review!

Also, to enjoy the handling of this lovely car to the fullest, please upgrade the tyres to 195 wide ones and please get the OE alloys as well if they are within budget. With the tyre size upgrade and with a set of good tyres, the handling will move to the next level, trust me.

All the Best!
Thanks Buddy, my next plan is to do the same. Saving started for the same .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Snaps are mesmerizing with crisp report. Try painting the front chrome grill with black. Will definitely enhance the appearance of the vehicle. Not to forget about better alloys & tires would make it a stunning RED hot hatch.
Thanks Ram; for stopping by and thanks for liking the pictures. Infact I did thought of doing so, when I learned the lower version's grill comes with black finish. However, i'll keep that in mind whenever I'll be upgrading it with alloys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravikn View Post
Great pics and excellent Report Sandev,

I have been following your thread closely and it feels good to see the happy owners of Punto.. planning to upgrade to it
Thanks Ravi. All the best for ur new GP. I'm sure you won't regret ur decision ever. It's a marvelous car to drive and great build quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexuz View Post
Another review that brings a smile in my face. Stunning pictures. Its a designers car. I totally went with my heart when i made the decision, inspite of all the negative comments from my peers and friends. The auto volume thingy is news for me. Thanks for sharing that.
Thanks Nexus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Good one, the pics are lovely
Thanks Buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
Great review. I love this design too.
Thanks Quadra!
sandev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2009, 10:18   #24
BHPian

Great write up and superb pics . Do you plan a detailed travelogue for your extended trip. I am myself trying to get hold of a friend who can accompany me for a big road trip to Jaipur and back from Mumbai
arishi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2009, 10:32   #25
BHPian

Thanks Arishi. I wish and I wanted to write up details travelogue but time is major constraint to me. However, I'm planning to finish this during year end vacation. And above all, I lost all my journey pictures due to my camera failure, the card within deleted all picture when I tried transferring to other device. :( that was quite a disappointing.

If you are planning for Mumbai-Jaipur-Mumbai. Than my advice would be to cover 500-600 KM in a day and the roads are so fine that you won't feel tiring at all. Just make sure to avoid NH8 from Udaipur to Ajmer, instead take NH 76 till Chittaurgarh and then take NH 79 towards Bhilwara, its 4 lane all the way. I lost 4 hrs on NH 8 in-between Udaipur-Ajmer due to heavy traffic. But was pretty happy and had smooth drive on my way back on NH 76 and NH 79.

Avoid driving on divider side, because you never know when does any dog or cow jumps on road from bushes on dividers.

Actual driving fun begins from A’bad till Udaipur. The roads are makkhan (butter) and it’s hard to resist yourself to take away your foot from accelerator paddle.

Enjoy!
Old 26th December 2009, 15:04   #26
BANNED

sorry for late wishes, but congratulations on your ownership of Punto.Awesome car adding charm with with your shade.Superb pictures and great review covering all aspects of Punto.
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2010, 17:46   #27
BHPian

The Punto is every bit enjoyable as you describe ! I have done 3000 Kms in a month !! Build quality is really good, far better than any you can find on the Marutis, Hyundais etc .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandev View Post
Friends, this is my first review on car so help me to point out the important things I have missed out.

Last edited by Eddy : 9th January 2010 at 18:32. Reason: Please do not quote a long message. It becomes a pain for our mobile users. Thanks
shramik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2010, 23:56   #28
Senior - BHPian

Hi sandev,

Great pictures and the good write up and review. My best wishes for the cute baby in the boot. Seems you traveled in your Punto almost in off road too.
navan49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2010, 00:21   #29
BHPian

Excellent report; great pictures (mesmerising) and a great review.
Can see the pride of owning the punto.

Drive safe and enjoy her.
bnzjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2010, 08:37   #30
BHPian

Thanks Vijay, Shramik, Navan and Bnzjon. I really enjoy driving my GP everytime I sit behind the wheels. I'm looking forward forr my upcoming trip to Jaipur on 18th if Feb. Will post more pictures and detailed travelouge this time.

Thanks again!