Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 31st March 2010, 13:02   #196
BHPian

Default JDM Red Logo

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper English in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 1st April 2010 at 11:38.
aajtaksabsetej is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 31st March 2010, 13:46   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
- yes, 2.05% speedo error translates to 102 kmph, though it shows 100 kmph

- In fact, when you calculate the FE based on the odo readings, you'll have to also add a bonus 2% of the FE figure, to derive the actual FE. For example, for a FE reading 10 kmpl, add 2% of 10kmpl for the actual FE figure - 10.2 kmpl
I thought speedo and odo errors are the other way around. 100kmph on your speedo is actually translates to 2% less, ie 98kmph. Similarly a 10kmpl mileage should have been 9.8kmpl and not 10.2kmpl.
civic-sense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 17:10   #198
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for all the answers - very helpful as always. My gut feel also immediately was for 32 / 33. That's what I'll try.

Quote:
Slendid!

- for me 30 psi does not tick.. Considering that PLC has soft side walls, at low psi, it bulges towards the side, and in high speed and connering, that is a bad mantra. So, maintaining a higher of 2-3 psi gives the best combination of ride/handling and comfort.
I actually put my Civic OEM Michelins into my 1st Gen accord as I mentioned. The existing accord tires were pretty much worthless (some seriously damaged) so didn't get anything for them. I would say if your car is brand new then change immediately for the best exchange price. If you're going to hang on for even a little period of time my sense is the tires will depreciate quite dramatically. Sorry can't help with actual figures on this front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Axe, I would like to know how much you got for your old tyres? Where they already Michelins? I got NCT5 as OEM and definitely would like to change them to MPLC in near future.
Axe77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 12:07   #199
BHPian

Default JDM Red Logo

Great going.Your car is now just looking good, only 17" alloys are missing just get them soon.Even I am searching for that Red Logo for my Civic.Does any one know where would I get the Red Honda Logo for my car in Mumbai.Please help.
aajtaksabsetej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2010, 20:54   #200
Senior - BHPian

Filled in 32 PSI and the experience if far far better. A lot of my driving on this fuel tank was with 30 PSI which I suspect may have adversely impacted FE. I will post FE figures for full tank with 32 PSI as soon as this is done. Am traveling a bit so might take a little time.
Axe77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2010, 21:33   #201
Senior - BHPian

My gaddi has been parking idle in my aparment basement, for 3 weeks as I am on a tour. I might be back in a week, but was curious, if any special action is necessary before I start driving it again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Filled in 32 PSI and the experience if far far better. A lot of my driving on this fuel tank was with 30 PSI which I suspect may have adversely impacted FE. I will post FE figures for full tank with 32 PSI as soon as this is done. Am traveling a bit so might take a little time.
I am sure your FE figure will be better with 32 psi..
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2010, 16:46   #202
Senior - BHPian

I was causally driving back home on the expressway and my younger brother was taking snaps around from his mobile. And look what I found in one of those snap! 178 kmph @ 6200 RPM. I didn't know when I was at that speed!

Name:  178 kmph 6200 RPM.png
Views: 1647
Size:  206.3 KB
iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2010, 20:06   #203
BHPian

Post 183 kmph max in an AT

Quote:
I was causally driving back home on the expressway and my younger brother was taking snaps around from his mobile. And look what I found in one of those snap! 178 kmph @ 6200 RPM. I didn't know when I was at that speed!
Attachment 347641
In an AT @ 178 kmph:
3rd gear - 6900 rpm
4th gear - 4900 rpm
5th gear - 3600 rpm

I have made a max of 183 kmph on the odo, and found the gear change from 3rd to 4th at around 176 kmph.

(p.s: I do not want to try it again since I become uncontrollable at those speeds particularly with cows, dogs, etc on our roads).
manim is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2010, 20:38   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
In an AT @ 178 kmph:
3rd gear - 6900 rpm
4th gear - 4900 rpm
5th gear - 3600 rpm

I have made a max of 183 kmph on the odo, and found the gear change from 3rd to 4th at around 176 kmph.

(p.s: I do not want to try it again since I become uncontrollable at those speeds particularly with cows, dogs, etc on our roads).
What is the top speed of civic, I am little surprised by the revv pattern in higher gears.
Mr_Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2010, 09:44   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
What is the top speed of civic, I am little surprised by the revv pattern in higher gears.
MT should certainly be faster than an AT.
manim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010, 00:26   #206
Senior - BHPian

8000 kms update:

* Gear shift is a lot smoother now, and as others had mentioned, with more miles on the odo, it seems to get better. Absolutely love the butter smooth, short shift.

* I am sensing the engine/throttle response has improved a lot, probably due to the switch to synthetic oil (just a guess!). I find it much better to drive in lower gears now than it used to be.

* I have intermittent problem with my iPod USB connectivity. Sometimes, it displayed 'NOT SUPPORTED', and at times, it just plays..

* ACC is a boon and very effective. On hot Delhi's summer, setting it to 26 or 27, is sufficient enough for me. I guess, the dark sun films played a role here

Accessories
* Installed door visor, one with the clips. I was not quite sure how it is gonna come out, as it was an impulsive buy (I saw it, I liked it, I said I want them!). But I am happy, the quality and finish is top notch, and it actually looks nice with the body kits!

* Installed door sill garnish, one with the LED on all four pieces. It looks very inviting during night!

Accident
Got rear ended by a call center traverra in Mehruali road. This is the second time, it happened, and that too, with cabbies! The bumper end came out and there were a few paint scratches, but fortunately, the bumper retained the shape, and was surprised that instead of breaking/craking the bumper (which bore the direct blow), it actually bent the inner steel elongation that holds the top portion of the bumper. Got it fixed from my local accessory shop for free (took almost an hour and half, as the bumper needed to come down, and the steel elongation needed to be straightened!). I am sure, Honda dealer would have insisted me to change the bumper altogether!

Alloys
Now, the most important part. I had been thinking of getting a nice pair of alloys, but was quite hesitant to take the plunge to 17", for the simple reason, that, it might compromise the ride. Also, another reason being that my OEM alloys and the Michelin PLCs would be redundant too. Today, I saw this 15" alloy design, a replica of the original Honda Alloy in some countries. I have seen this in few ANHC here too. I liked it, and I even got a good offer on 5 alloys. The accessory guy told me that it has the same PCD as that of the stock alloy, so I can still use my PLC.

Would this look good?

Name:  10Spokes.jpg
Views: 1562
Size:  61.9 KB

Last edited by iTNerd : 17th May 2010 at 00:30.
iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010, 09:58   #207
Senior - BHPian

You need a 5 lug alloy. That example looks like a 4 lug one. PCD doesn't dictate whether you can use your old tyres. You need one with the same dia and similar width.

Re: speeds, I've hit an indicated 18x with four passengers and a boot full of luggage. Progress was slow after 150 with the full load. But it felt planted and in control. This was on an arrow straight completely empty stretch of expressway between Tirunelveli and Madurai.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 10:33   #208
BHPian

Quote:
8000 kms update:
Alloys
Now, the most important part. I had been thinking of getting a nice pair of alloys, but was quite hesitant to take the plunge to 17", for the simple reason, that, it might compromise the ride. Also, another reason being that my OEM alloys and the Michelin PLCs would be redundant too. Today, I saw this 15" alloy design, a replica of the original Honda Alloy in some countries. I have seen this in few ANHC here too. I liked it, and I even got a good offer on 5 alloys. The accessory guy told me that it has the same PCD as that of the stock alloy, so I can still use my PLC.
Would this look good?
Attachment 349545
Hello Rehman,
Sorry to hear about the accident (again) - but glad things got sorted out without much grief and expense.
Don't know about the lug etc - but the alloy design looks good. I am sure it stand out on your baby and make it look even more lovely!
Regards
Cyborg
Cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 15:01   #209
Senior - BHPian

iTNerd, the same alloys have been imported by BK Tyres, but I think they're for the ANHC (4H).

Is the store in pic Auto Marc?
tsk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 15:36   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
In an AT @ 178 kmph:
3rd gear - 6900 rpm
4th gear - 4900 rpm
5th gear - 3600 rpm

The speed increase after the 3rd gear is very slow, 4th and 5th gear dont take you to a level of 200 ++, keeping in mind you can easily hit 150++ on the 3rd gear.

I have a automatic too,I have done 195 top speed, I just have k &N typhoon kit. Tried both manual and automatic, but I could not do more than 195, reason being it was pune express way which is not striaght and there was too much of traffic.
The Saint is offline   Reply With Quote