Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 20th May 2010, 15:39   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
My gaddi has been parking idle in my aparment basement, for 3 weeks as I am on a tour. I might be back in a week, but was curious, if any special action is necessary before I start driving it again?

I am sure your FE figure will be better with 32 psi..
What is the logic of getting better FE with 32 psi and not 30psi which is standard, I only use nitrogen air, Please enlighten?
The Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010, 10:47   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
You need a 5 lug alloy. That example looks like a 4 lug one. PCD doesn't dictate whether you can use your old tyres. You need one with the same dia and similar width.
Thanks for pointing out.. I didn't notice that until you mentioned it. will have to confirm if it is available in 5 lug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Hello Rehman,
Sorry to hear about the accident (again) - but glad things got sorted out without much grief and expense.
Don't know about the lug etc - but the alloy design looks good. I am sure it stand out on your baby and make it look even more lovely!
Regards
Cyborg
Thanks.. yes, I liked it, lets see if they have it with 5 lug

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
iTNerd, the same alloys have been imported by BK Tyres, but I think they're for the ANHC (4H).

Is the store in pic Auto Marc?
I'll contact BK as well then.. thanks. Yes, its Auto Marc..

Quote:
What is the logic of getting better FE with 32 psi and not 30psi which is standard, I only use nitrogen air, Please enlighten?
I have upgraded to 205/65 profile and the PLC has side soft walls.. the standard 30 psi is a little less for this kind of profile/tyre. At 30 psi, it looks under-inflated and produce more rolling resistance, which means it burns up more fuel. 32/33 psi works best for me and good for FE too! if you are on stock tyres, 30 should be fine.
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 16:18   #213
BHPian

I have upgraded to 205/65 profile and the PLC has side soft walls.. the standard 30 psi is a little less for this kind of profile/tyre. At 30 psi, it looks under-inflated and produce more rolling resistance, which means it burns up more fuel. 32/33 psi works best for me and good for FE too! if you are on stock tyres, 30 should be fine.[/quote]

I am not sure if this logic works, have you monitored teh FE since you have increased the psi, share your results? I am on 205/60/15 and only use nitrogen air in the tyres, now I have bought the Honda Enkei rims 16" and will be putting 215/55/16 this weekend.
Old 24th May 2010, 17:07   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
I am not sure if this logic works, have you monitored teh FE since you have increased the psi, share your results? I am on 205/60/15 and only use nitrogen air in the tyres, now I have bought the Honda Enkei rims 16" and will be putting 215/55/16 this weekend.
It does work. Higher pressure means lesser rolling resistance and thereby better FE. This a widely used technique by hypermilers. Of course if the pressure is too high, it will surely affect ride quality and handling.
vasoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2010, 12:38   #215
Senior - BHPian

The red 'H' monogram/logo (both front and back) on my car had been peeled off and stolen in Nehru place multi-level parking building yesterday in daring daylight. Now, it looks hideous without them. I have bought another pair (for 3K) and before I install it, wanted to seek your opinion if to apply glue/double-sided tap so as to provide better deterrence to or at least make it harder for some one to take it off. Any ideas?
Old 26th June 2010, 19:50   #216
Senior - BHPian

I saw a white civic in my rvm without an H on the front grill on the outer ring road heading towards panchsheel on thursday. Was it you?

Sorry about the theft. I really dont think double sided tape is strong enough to prevent another theft.
Deeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2010, 23:11   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The red 'H' monogram/logo (both front and back) on my car had been peeled off and stolen in Nehru place multi-level parking building yesterday in daring daylight. Now, it looks hideous without them. I have bought another pair (for 3K) and before I install it, wanted to seek your opinion if to apply glue/double-sided tap so as to provide better deterrence to or at least make it harder for some one to take it off. Any ideas?
Double Sided Tape or Glue, nothing is going to deter the thief and in case of a theft, the residue of these adhesives shall be a problem to remove. Just being practical, may the Almighty keep you and Civic in good spirits.

I think you parked your car is Eros Multilevel Car Park and in case you wish to know more about the theft, you can ask them to review the CCTV footage as all levels are having rotating cams.
tsk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2010, 13:16   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Welcome aboard, rear was stolen after 8 months of safeguarding, but the thief had a humble heart to leave the front one, each costed me 4.5k as I had ordered from JDM US. Now I have put a cheaper type R at the back, trust me it looks killer, better than the H red logo, not very expensive and have 5 back ups. I usually stick it with feviquick, but doesnt matter, infact when they will pull it, it will also rip of your paint, just put some 3m tape though there is nothing to protect it.

I suggest let it be like this for some days just incase if some is watching your car.

This is very sad for all the car enthusiasts.
Old 9th March 2011, 07:36   #219
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: 133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)

Hello iTNerd,

Long time, no updates! Did you finally upgrade the alloys? How is your Civic treating you all this time?
Ace F355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2011, 11:06   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Hello iTNerd,

Long time, no updates! Did you finally upgrade the alloys? How is your Civic treating you all this time?
Sorry for the late reply! Life's been too hectic (career and you know.. the pressure and pending KNOT) to update my ownership thread!

In brief, my honda is 1.5 yrs old, but had 16K only on the odo. So far, true to its Japanese lineage, there is zero niggle and had never let me down. I stayed in the GN expressway, and what I can say, pushing this baby on the e-way with all the valves opened is more music to ears than Tiesto or Shakira. Though I might upgrade to a 3 series soon, I think I am gonna keep this honda too. Its too much fun!

No alloys and serious mods for me now - I am frequently on tour these days, and with career consuming an entire part of my life, and marriage knocking the doors, my motoring enthusiasm has gone for a toss. I hope its temporary! But I will be happy to meet you and your 'shark' someday!

Last edited by iTNerd : 13th April 2011 at 11:08.
Old 2nd October 2011, 13:35   #221
Senior - BHPian

Default 2nd Anniversary

Updates: 2 years of my 'Air Force One' with 23500 on the Odo.

I would be very brief. Had clocked 23500kms in these 2 years, and so far, the car does not disappoint. Had no issues with the mechanical/electrical/engine whatsoever. Have not done any mods in recent times to mention any. Am planning for alloys and shoes change early next year. The PLCs true to its description is a delight, and they are sturdy too (contrary to the perception of having a soft side walls). Didn't have any flat tyre in the last 10K kms.

Drive:
1. Delhi to Bangalore (2400 kms - 3 days)
2. Bangalore To Mysore (350 Kms up/down - 1 day).
(this deserves a mention - we are 5 passengers all adults and though the Mysore Highway was great, we went to Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary, which branch off from the highway towards the river kauverry. Inner roads were horrible and inspite of my best skills to negotiate the road, had 2-3 nasty bottoming. Had pledged from that moment that I won't never allow more than 2 passengers at the rear next time. )

Some recent pics:

Name:  DSCN0495.jpg
Views: 1455
Size:  110.3 KB
Name:  DSCN0498.jpg
Views: 1440
Size:  198.9 KB
Name:  DSCN0499.jpg
Views: 1432
Size:  194.1 KB
Name:  DSCN0501.jpg
Views: 1424
Size:  179.7 KB
Name:  DSCN0502.jpg
Views: 1444
Size:  178.0 KB
Name:  DSCN0503.jpg
Views: 1444
Size:  173.5 KB
Name:  DSCN0505.jpg
Views: 1390
Size:  188.3 KB
Name:  DSCN0516.jpg
Views: 1382
Size:  151.9 KB
Name:  DSCN0517.jpg
Views: 1386
Size:  142.5 KB
Name:  DSCN0522.jpg
Views: 1326
Size:  174.8 KB
iTNerd is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2011, 15:04   #222
Senior - BHPian

Your car looks B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L-L!!! Absolutely stunning! Since you are not going for a alloy change, have you considered blackening your alloys?
_raVan_ is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2011, 20:12   #223
Senior - BHPian

Super pics, iTNerd. Your Civic is looking stunning, as usual. Good to know she is treating you well and I am sure the same will continue. Honda do not disappoint!

BTW, I ordered stickers for my car too, expect the LTD sticker on the same place as yours to break the monotony of grey on my Shark's back!
Ace F355 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2011, 01:17   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Your car looks B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L-L!!! Absolutely stunning! Since you are not going for a alloy change, have you considered blackening your alloys?
Had thought of blackening after seeing Rohit's shark, but somehow, lost interest in the course of time. I am planning on alloys in near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Super pics, iTNerd. Your Civic is looking stunning, as usual. Good to know she is treating you well and I am sure the same will continue. Honda do not disappoint!

BTW, I ordered stickers for my car too, expect the LTD sticker on the same place as yours to break the monotony of grey on my Shark's back!
Great Rohit! I liked what you did with the new 17" alloys. If only Bangalore roads were upto mark! The LTD sticker would be a nice addition to the shark!
Old 5th October 2011, 11:14   #225
BHPian

Hello Rehman!

Its been a very long time - your baby looks A W E S O M E !!

I too am thinking of changing the shoes of my Civic to 205/65/15. Will revert once this is done.

All the best!
Cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote