Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2009, 07:26   #46
Senior - BHPian
 
iTNerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Imphal/Noida
Posts: 1,069
Thanked: 500 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorpe View Post
whatever be the looks of altis, it still outperforms civic in every sense. People love the Altis' design (includes everything) more than civic. corolla is outselling the civic, that's the people's way of showing love
Oh my God! I feel so stupid! why did I buy a Civic? Why didn't you tell me before?
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2009, 16:48   #47
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Moga, PUNJAB
Posts: 94
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Oh my God! I feel so stupid! why did I buy a Civic? Why didn't you tell me before?

Its Good you realized it, but you realized it too late.

BTW I'm also in process of of buying a C+ segment car and corolla and civic are going head to head.
thorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2009, 16:50   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
iTNerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Imphal/Noida
Posts: 1,069
Thanked: 500 Times
Default

Some updates:

* I noticed the average FE has increased significantly to 11.7 kmpl from 10.4 something, after the upsize to Primacy LC. I hope the average as shown in the dial is accurate. Currently the tires are on 30 psi and I see them a bit low on pressure.. As the LC has thin side walls, would increasing the psi say to 33 or 34 help in high speeed conering?

* The black fabric mats are prone to dirt and dust... is there a geniune Honda rubber mat for the Civic, including that of the rear dicky? And if yes, any idea how much it cost? In my SX4, I got the MGA transparent rubber mat (one that has big dot dot undulations) that sticks to the car's fabric lining.. Is this kind of mat available for Civic? I could have gone for the generic transparent/blackish rubber mat, but they don't fit nicely and for the rear, I wanted in one piece.. any ideas?

* I got a quotation of 12K for the type R carbon fibre spoiler.. Is that a good price? Also, on white, which one would look good - the spoiler with black carbon fibre on the horizontals or just white spoiler (both type R designs)?
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2009, 16:55   #49
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,729
Thanked: 89,227 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorpe View Post
whatever be the looks of altis, it still outperforms civic in every sense. People love the Altis' design (includes everything) more than civic. corolla is outselling the civic, that's the people's way of showing love
Both are accomplished cars, compete in the same segment and yet so different. The Civic appeals to your heart as much as the Altis does to the head. I for one much prefer the Civic's swoopy styling, feel the interior quality of the Civic is a notch higher and the Civic is a much (read = MUCH) better car to drive enthusiastically. Driving them back to back on a highway, the Civic seems to have a finesse that the Altis doesn't. Of course, the Altis punches back with its practicality, higher set seats, better low end torque within the city, higher trim level and better after-sales.

The reason that the Altis outsells the Civic is that:

- The Civic has a cheaper sibling in the City. Lots of cross-shopping there.

- The Altis has a base variant that is very popular with taxis & hotels. The Civic E variant has been discontinued.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2009, 17:06   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
McLaren Rulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mysore
Posts: 2,375
Thanked: 474 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
* I got a quotation of 12K for the type R carbon fibre spoiler.. Is that a good price? Also, on white, which one would look good - the spoiler with black carbon fibre on the horizontals or just white spoiler (both type R designs)?
Go for the white spoiler. Only those silly NFS games think carbon fibre looks good. The truth is, it doesn't. It helps save weight but you are looking for cosmetic upgrades. That's my take on it anyway.
McLaren Rulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 23:36   #51
Senior - BHPian
 
iTNerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Imphal/Noida
Posts: 1,069
Thanked: 500 Times
Default

Completed 350 kms till now.. and I am totally loving it!!!!!!!! and the display shows 12.8 kmpl average till now ..mixed of city (70%) and highway (30%) driving with AC on most of the time.. what irony is that there is still 40% fuel left according to the gauge.. (just out of the showroom, toped up 46 litres).. does my Civic even outclass the City in fuel efficiency or what!!!

To Civic owners: Does the Civic come with a remote control for the music player? I can't find one for my car and was thinking that as there are audio controls on the rear, Honda didn't provide a remote control... please enlighten..

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Go for the white spoiler. Only those silly NFS games think carbon fibre looks good. The truth is, it doesn't. It helps save weight but you are looking for cosmetic upgrades. That's my take on it anyway.
yes, I am keen on all white spoiler.. hope to get one very soon!

Last edited by iTNerd : 10th November 2009 at 23:40.
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 23:44   #52
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,468
Thanked: 19,375 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Completed 350 kms till now.. and I am totally loving it!!!!!!!! and the display shows 12.8 kmpl average till now ..mixed of city (70%) and highway (30%) driving with AC on most of the time.. what irony is that there is still 40% fuel left according to the gauge.. (just out of the showroom, toped up 46 litres).. does my Civic even outclass the City in fuel efficiency or what!!!

To Civic owners: Does the Civic come with a remote control for the music player? I can't find one for my car and was thinking that as there are audio controls on the rear, Honda didn't provide a remote control... please enlighten..


yes, I am keen on all white spoiler.. hope to get one very soon!
Nope the DTE is inaccurate and the Civic FE is lesser than the City. City owners get more.

No, the civic does not come with a remote control. Honda thinks that Civic owners only sit at the back and if someone is sitting in the middle, no rear audio control also.

In comparo the Altis has steering mounted controls as well as remote control.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 01:17   #53
RJK
Senior - BHPian
 
RJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 940
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

iTnerd,

Congrats on your acquisition. Is it just me or do you find the headlamp illumination a little inadequate too ? I got my Civic 2 days back, have driven about 300kms and certainly feel the need to have better lamps. Btw, mine is the same too, S-MT, White colour
RJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 04:36   #54
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,335
Thanked: 921 Times
Default

Vid is right. The only remote control for the Civic is the one in the rear armrest. This was a hugely annoying factor when I had gone car shopping [OT but Laura TSi was even worse. no remote at all whatsoever. If you're at the back enjoying the rear A/C vents, the driver has to change channels for you]. Altis has steering remote and a mobile hand held remote which you can use anywhere - very helpful IMO. The latter is simply not available in the Civic, even as an extra - not in Honda dealership nor in the aftermarket. Very very annoying since the rear armrest remote is not exactly comprehensive. Even the accord has the same limitation.

You're getting some extraordinary FE I must say. For my A/T, I get approx 7.5 kmpl (Mumbai City 100% with AC on all the time).

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
To Civic owners: Does the Civic come with a remote control for the music player? I can't find one for my car and was thinking that as there are audio controls on the rear, Honda didn't provide a remote control... please enlighten..
I don't know about genuine Honda but most Honda dealers have the transparent mat you're referring to. This should also be available aftermarket so check prices for both. My dealer threw these in free with the purchase so didn't have to check prices anywhere. I'm quite happy with these mats. I dont think i got this for the boot though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Some updates:

* The black fabric mats are prone to dirt and dust... is there a geniune Honda rubber mat for the Civic, including that of the rear dicky? And if yes, any idea how much it cost? In my SX4, I got the MGA transparent rubber mat (one that has big dot dot undulations) that sticks to the car's fabric lining.. Is this kind of mat available for Civic? I could have gone for the generic transparent/blackish rubber mat, but they don't fit nicely and for the rear, I wanted in one piece.. any ideas?
I agree with you on this RJK. I find the headlamps quite ordinary as well. I'm thinking of upgrading to xenons at some point with a sporty looking headlight casing. First priority is parking sensors and want to space out my purchases - not binge all together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
iTnerd,
Is it just me or do you find the headlamp illumination a little inadequate too ? I got my Civic 2 days back, have driven about 300kms and certainly feel the need to have better lamps. Btw, mine is the same too, S-MT, White colour

Last edited by Jaggu : 11th November 2009 at 10:13. Reason: Back to back posts, use multi quote please.
Axe77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 11:41   #55
Senior - BHPian
 
Ramsagar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore-Nellore
Posts: 1,327
Thanked: 38 Times
Default

Does the new civic lacks audio controls in rear armrest? I though only the audio controls on steering were removed. They are also absent in rear. but these were very well present in earlier model.

FE displaying is not the right one.Pls check from filling tank to tank.That would be accurate reading.

I like the rear boot lip, than the spoiler. Anyways, I'm very well impressed the way you did your SX4, expect the same on CIVIC as well.

Last edited by Ramsagar : 11th November 2009 at 11:45.
Ramsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 18:18   #56
BHPian
 
mkc15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 256
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

@GTO, apart from the basic variant in Altis, even GL seems to be going in good numbers IMO. VFM factor gets even stronger for Altis GL vs. Civic V.

@vid6639, CIVIC does not show DTE. The fuel consumption indicator seems quite decent, matching closely to manual method. I have compared only once over 266km range (100% B'lore city with 100% A/C) and I got 9.1 in manual method while the meter said 8.8. I'm waiting for the next fill to recheck.

@ramsagar, CIVIC face-lift also comes with audio-controls on the rear armrest. Its very irritating that Civic does not have steering mounted audio controls and the remote (like in Altis).

I also felt the low-beam to be quite inadequate. However, low-beam along with fogs, is manageable, though far from HID. IMO, its not just the lamp, its the reflector setup too to blame. It does not let the beam spread properly. IIRC, High-beam:Low-beam:Fogs = 60:51:55w.
mkc15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 09:05   #57
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Moga, PUNJAB
Posts: 94
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc15 View Post
@ramsagar, CIVIC face-lift also comes with audio-controls on the rear armrest
Previous civic had it too. its not a new feature.
thorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 11:34   #58
BHPian
 
mkc15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 256
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorpe View Post
Previous civic had it too. its not a new feature.
Yeah its a day-1 feature. That's why I said "face-lift also".
mkc15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 18:06   #59
Senior - BHPian
 
iTNerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Imphal/Noida
Posts: 1,069
Thanked: 500 Times
Default

Hi everyone..its been raining here in Delhi and got the opportunity to test the primacy LC tires on wet condition.. I must say, very decent grips and inspire confidence to push it on wet roads.. on higher speed (~100 kmph or more), the car appears to sail/float over the surface and its a very nice experience, in that my SX4 which awefully transfers all the road noise to the cabin and its very annoying..

I also wanted your opinion on this particular Mugen styled spoiler. It is an ABS material and an import from Taiwan (at least that is what I was told).. How would this looks on my white Civic? Any particular bits that I need to take care when drilling the trunk to install this? I am worried that in rainy season, water might sip in ..

Name:  spoiler1.png
Views: 2456
Size:  44.6 KB
Name:  DSC00062_1.jpg
Views: 2468
Size:  68.6 KB
Name:  DSC00063_1.jpg
Views: 2473
Size:  98.3 KB



Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
iTnerd,

Congrats on your acquisition. Is it just me or do you find the headlamp illumination a little inadequate too ? I got my Civic 2 days back, have driven about 300kms and certainly feel the need to have better lamps. Btw, mine is the same too, S-MT, White colour
Thanks RJK! and Congratulation to you on your new Civic... Post some pics as well....Yes, I also feel the headlamp illumination is far low and worst part is the level adjuster (1,2,3) sucks, in that at the max 3 level, the angle is still a couple of feets away.. and the light scattered a lot in high beam.. any idea how it can be improved without changing the assembly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Vid is right. The only remote control for the Civic is the one in the rear armrest. This was a hugely annoying factor when I had gone car shopping [OT but Laura TSi was even worse. no remote at all whatsoever. If you're at the back enjoying the rear A/C vents, the driver has to change channels for you]. Altis has steering remote and a mobile hand held remote which you can use anywhere - very helpful IMO. The latter is simply not available in the Civic, even as an extra - not in Honda dealership nor in the aftermarket. Very very annoying since the rear armrest remote is not exactly comprehensive. Even the accord has the same limitation.
In fact, after using the audio controls on my SX4 steering, I am finding it very difficult changing channels/muting etc. in my Civic.. I land up pressing my left thumb on the steering often.. In another threads (modded Civic), I supposed, there was a post whereby a particular owner had install both the audio controls and the cruise controls on his Civic..the cruise controls, I guess were dummy, but the audio controls seems to work.. I would pay anything to get that functionality in my Civic! Any ideas?


Quote:
You're getting some extraordinary FE I must say. For my A/T, I get approx 7.5 kmpl (Mumbai City 100% with AC on all the time).
Yes, even I am puzzled.. may be because, I am still limiting the revv within 3K RPM mark.. but still, even with a vague calculation on the remaining fuel, it matches up to the average..anyhow, I should come to know about the precise mileage by the end of this weekend!

Last edited by iTNerd : 13th November 2009 at 18:08.
iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 18:22   #60
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,335
Thanked: 921 Times
Default

+1 to that. I know exactly what you mean. I really wanted steering controls having upgraded from a swift to the civic segment

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
In fact, after using the audio controls on my SX4 steering, I am finding it very difficult changing channels/muting etc. in my Civic.. I land up pressing my left thumb on the steering often.. In another threads (modded Civic), I supposed, there was a post whereby a particular owner had install both the audio controls and the cruise controls on his Civic..the cruise controls, I guess were dummy, but the audio controls seems to work.. I would pay anything to get that functionality in my Civic! Any ideas?
Axe77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
like.no.other - My tafeta white Honda Jazz adimicra Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 359 18th August 2011 22:53
Got Jazz'd! - Tafeta White Honda Jazz JRD Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 32 25th November 2010 17:14
Honda City 2010 - V A/T - Tafeta White Lemon Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 24 17th November 2010 17:49
The Journey Begins Here : New Honda CIVIC V (Tafeta White) tanuj-m Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 14 25th May 2010 11:18
Pics of my Honda City S M/T in tafeta white sidindica Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 58 10th December 2008 23:10


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:24.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks