Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2009, 19:28   #136
Senior - BHPian
 
cool_dube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,183
Thanked: 368 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
also, the safari is much longer than the scorpio.
safari: 4650 mm
scorpio: 4430 mm
A primary contributor (at least 150 mm) to this is the spare wheel on the Safari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Scratch Removal and polishing/waxing-5k
Please be aware that scratch removal involves some level of 'disintegration' of surrounding paint and might end up in 'thinning' the overall thickness of your paint. I would recommend to not go for it unless the scratches are an eyesore (cannot comment since have not seen Hariya in 'person')


Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 20th November 2009 at 19:46. Reason: Please read the note in post, thanks
cool_dube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2009, 13:59   #137
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 1,457
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post

Please be aware that scratch removal involves some level of 'disintegration' of surrounding paint and might end up in 'thinning' the overall thickness of your paint. I would recommend to not go for it unless the scratches are an eyesore (cannot comment since have not seen Hariya in 'person')
yes quite agree, unless and until its too bad to keep, dont use such removal process as it would takeoff some part of surrouning paint as well, but then for dev, it might be a sore to look at them, i can understand that feeling when i also do see a dent on my cars rear door which makes me annoyed and wish to sort it out.
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 09:06   #138
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,959
Thanked: 1,711 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Please be aware that scratch removal involves some level of 'disintegration' of surrounding paint and might end up in 'thinning' the overall thickness of your paint. I would recommend to not go for it unless the scratches are an eyesore (cannot comment since have not seen Hariya in 'person')
Yes, I agree with you and will try not to go for it but the dent on the driver's door, that is what I see every time I look at Hariya, and that "needs" to be removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
yes quite agree, unless and until its too bad to keep, dont use such removal process as it would takeoff some part of surrouning paint as well, but then for dev, it might be a sore to look at them, i can understand that feeling when i also do see a dent on my cars rear door which makes me annoyed and wish to sort it out.
Well, not many scratches actually but,as I mentioned above, that one dent just has to go. Every time I look at him, that is what hits my eye


Weekend Update:
Based on the thread link given to me by Shankar, I had gone to the area near Magnum Honda at Kanakapura Road to try and find that "Suction" guy. Enquired at Magnum Honda, Advaith Hyundai, Maruti, local spare parts shops, drivers, local painters etc. Spent a couple of hours in the neighborhood but no one was aware of such a person/outlet existing. Magnum Honda have such equipment but they obviously would use it only on Honda cars.

On my way back, I stopped at Toyotech, a pretty well known garage for Toyota Qualises. They have a computerised Standox paint mixer and seemed to be good at their job. They had a Civic, a Scorpio apart from the regular Qualises and Innovas being tinkered/painted.

In case I m unable to find any leads for "suction" I will either go to the outlet suggested by Shishir or Toyotech.

Any more well known painters??
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 09:34   #139
Senior - BHPian
 
shishir_bn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,192
Thanked: 104 Times
Default

Dev, what happenend on the weekend. Did you people get-to-gether and did waxing or not??
shishir_bn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 09:37   #140
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,959
Thanked: 1,711 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
Dev, what happenend on the weekend. Did you people get-to-gether and did waxing or not??
We couldnt do it because I need to get that door dent fixed before I do anything else so I had gone to find that Suction Repair Guy. Could nt find him though.
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 10:10   #141
Senior - BHPian
 
shishir_bn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,192
Thanked: 104 Times
Default

Dev, one more thing i wanted to tell was, in all the 10 pages you are telling that there is a eye soaring dent, but till now you have not posted any pic of the dent. If you had done that then you could have got many replies and solutions. In the mean while did you see the video in this link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1595653-post1888.html
shishir_bn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 11:10   #142
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,959
Thanked: 1,711 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
Dev, one more thing i wanted to tell was, in all the 10 pages you are telling that there is a eye soaring dent, but till now you have not posted any pic of the dent. If you had done that then you could have got many replies and solutions. In the mean while did you see the video in this link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1595653-post1888.html
I really wish I could post pictures of it but as you are aware, my camera is not with me currently. Once it is back, if the dent is not fixed till then, I will definitely post its pictures.

This is a question to all the current Scorpio owners/experts.
The owner's manual says that the light switch on the steering column has a switch for the "Rear Fog Lamps" and upon inspection I found it to be true.

But I could not locate the Rear Fog Lamps themselves on the vehicle. Can someone please tell me where the Rear Fog Lamps of the Scorpio are housed.

Last edited by Dippy : 9th March 2010 at 16:46. Reason: Back to back posts.
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 13:25   #143
Senior - BHPian
 
shishir_bn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,192
Thanked: 104 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
This is a question to all the current Scorpio owners/experts.
The owner's manual says that the light switch on the steering column has a switch for the "Rear Fog Lamps" and upon inspection I found it to be true.

But I could not locate the Rear Fog Lamps themselves on the vehicle. Can someone please tell me where the Rear Fog Lamps of the Scorpio are housed.
Dev you should have asked this in the Scorpio thread.You will get answers here also(i don't know the answer as i don't own a beast) but this question wopuld have been good over there
shishir_bn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 15:51   #144
Senior - BHPian
 
raj_5004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dubai/Mumbai
Posts: 5,078
Thanked: 2,030 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
This is a question to all the current Scorpio owners/experts.
The owner's manual says that the light switch on the steering column has a switch for the "Rear Fog Lamps" and upon inspection I found it to be true.

But I could not locate the Rear Fog Lamps themselves on the vehicle. Can someone please tell me where the Rear Fog Lamps of the Scorpio are housed.
hi buddy, this is something which i am trying to figure out since the past many months!

i feel when you switch on the rear defogger, the brake light itself glows brighter, thats how it used to be in my opel. i have to check it out in my scorpio!
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 15:53   #145
Senior - BHPian
 
shishir_bn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,192
Thanked: 104 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
This is a question to all the current Scorpio owners/experts.
The owner's manual says that the light switch on the steering column has a switch for the "Rear Fog Lamps" and upon inspection I found it to be true.

But I could not locate the Rear Fog Lamps themselves on the vehicle. Can someone please tell me where the Rear Fog Lamps of the Scorpio are housed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
hi buddy, this is something which i am trying to figure out since the past many months!

i feel when you switch on the rear defogger, the brake light itself glows brighter, thats how it used to be in my opel. i have to check it out in my scorpio!
add many of these. Even Raj doesn't know it. I am really shocked now
shishir_bn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 16:44   #146
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,992
Thanked: 356 Times
Default

There can be two options:
  1. M&M has given the switch but not fitted the rear fog lamps as they are generally not needed in India.
  2. They are house in the same light assembly and the higher filament/bulb glows on certain occasions
I have a feeling that it is Option1. Btw did your Scop come with factory fitted front fog lamps?
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 16:45   #147
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,959
Thanked: 1,711 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
There can be two options:
  1. M&M has given the switch but not fitted the rear fog lamps as they are generally not needed in India.
  2. They are house in the same light assembly and the higher filament/bulb glows on certain occasions
I have a feeling that it is Option1. Btw did your Scop come with factory fitted front fog lamps?
Yes, since it is an SLX, it came with factory fitted front Fog Lamps.
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 16:52   #148
Senior - BHPian
 
Red Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,180
Thanked: 1,110 Times
Default

MileCruncher is right.

This also means you have an additional switch which can be programmed for any other light which you may fit (auxiliary fogs for example).
Red Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 17:22   #149
Senior - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,027
Thanked: 5,325 Times
Default

I also understand there is a Bosch Authorized workshop in Whitefield which does work on Scorpios. Perhaps you may want to check on this also ref this suction business.
And when you do locate the Vaccuum Suction Dent Removal chap do share the contact details with all of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Weekend Update:
Based on the thread link given to me by Shankar, I had gone to the area near Magnum Honda at Kanakapura Road to try and find that "Suction" guy. Enquired at Magnum Honda, Advaith Hyundai, Maruti, local spare parts shops, drivers, local painters etc. Spent a couple of hours in the neighborhood but no one was aware of such a person/outlet existing. Magnum Honda have such equipment but they obviously would use it only on Honda cars.

Any more well known painters??
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 17:51   #150
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,959
Thanked: 1,711 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
MileCruncher is right.

This also means you have an additional switch which can be programmed for any other light which you may fit (auxiliary fogs for example).
Hmmm...not really because the supposed "Rear Fog Lamp" switch is paired with the front Fog Lamps, so whatever accessory I add will work only when the front Fog Lamps are on. Yes, extra lights are probably the only thing which will work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I also understand there is a Bosch Authorized workshop in Whitefield which does work on Scorpios. Perhaps you may want to check on this also ref this suction business.
And when you do locate the Vaccuum Suction Dent Removal chap do share the contact details with all of us.
Oh is it, I will call them and yes, once I locate that elusive "Suctioner", I will share his/her ( I wish...!!) details with everyone else on the forum.

So, we still arent sure if the Scorp has rear Fog Lamps or if the switch is a dummy and meant for export models.
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MJD completes 2 yrs and 27,000kms zaks Long-Term Ownership Reviews 4 24th September 2010 09:27
Youth Against Terrorism - Drive nikibusa The Team-BHP Meet Section 37 8th December 2008 20:59
Youth suicides after ramming into Gowda's car appuchan Shifting gears 53 11th January 2008 16:29
RD 350 LC YPVS - Where are the Icons of our youth?? kurmist Motorbikes 2 6th March 2007 00:26


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:18.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks