Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2009, 16:35   #1
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,959
Thanked: 1,711 Times
Exclamation Hariya enters his youth: Completes 100,000kms with aplomb

Some people impress you the moment you see them. Hariya was was of those. Our first meeting was just a 10 min "gear, accelerator,brake and steering shake" and I knew something in him was magnetic.
He is still a kid. Born on 13th Nov 07 to be precise and was given a home by someone else who unfortunately could keep him as they were permanently relocating out of the country.
He has traversed 27k kms in these 2 years and in terms of that number atleast, is exactly as old as I m. The units, though are different.

I brought him home, for ever, on the 23rd of September 2009 and I could see the excitement in his big bright eyes.
He was one of those "Surf Excel" kids who had stains everywhere excpet the most important place, his heart. His 2.6ltr 4 chamber heart was and still is impeccable. Its beat, as good as an infant, its rythim, as smooth as an opera and the urge to perform, like a passionate lover.

We have travelled 2200kms since then and each one of those has been a pleasure.When I took him for his due 25K check up to SKS automobiles where he was, like the cutest kid at a nursing home, was able to woo anyone who checked him out. I was grinning from ear to ear.

So, that is the begining. The end, I know isnt anywhere close.

All ears.....
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 16:42   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
shishir_bn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,192
Thanked: 104 Times
Default

"Dev"-Congrats on your new kid. Nurse him well. By the way i thought you liked Safari's as you had done PDI's for many of your friends in Bangalore right?
shishir_bn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 16:44   #3
BHPian
 
rejoycjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore / Calicut
Posts: 442
Thanked: 708 Times
Default congrats ..

Cool congrats for the purchase of that 'kid' .. for some moments i couldnt guess what is the lines all about .. cheers anyways ..
Of course the next request would be to post some pics ..
rejoycjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 17:00   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,860
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

So, a baby boy! Congrats!

Guys, the vehicle is a beau! Well maintained and hardly used. You got a very good deal, Dev!

Take good care of him and I am sure he will never give you any heart-aches.

Having said that - useless post without photos!

(I told you so! I told you so! )
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 17:13   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,959
Thanked: 1,711 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
"Dev"-Congrats on your new kid. Nurse him well. By the way i thought you liked Safari's as you had done PDI's for many of your friends in Bangalore right?
Thank you for your wishes Rejocyjohn and Happy Wheels.Grrr why am I thanking you after your photo comment !!! Pics soon to come, courtesy HappyWheels camera.
I continue to be a Safari fan. Hariya had a some sort of a "heartpull" which I could not resist. He is not just a machine for me you know.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Post edited. Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Dippy : 12th November 2009 at 09:15.
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 17:18   #6
BHPian
 
bantejas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 273
Thanked: 29 Times
Default :)

Congrats boss! lets meet up some time!!
bantejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 18:36   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
lohithrao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kudla/Mangaluru
Posts: 3,125
Thanked: 163 Times
Default

dev, Congrats!

btw how much did you buy it for?

I will be a prospective buyer of a used scorpio or a new one might be ina years time. for now even Safari is in the list though.

Coming back to topic, i guess "the CRDI" should be good enough or at;east should cost lesser then the "mhawk". drove "Bolero CRDI" and was more then impressed with it.
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 18:49   #8
BHPian
 
starter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 910
Thanked: 267 Times
Default

Hey Dev,
Congrats and a very warm welcome to Hariya.
I thought i was one of those few, who name their cars/bikes and do not treat them as just machines. Now, i have company
I wish you luck, once again and wish Hariya a long and healthy life.
Cheers,
Deepak
starter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 19:08   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
Lukeskywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,396
Thanked: 1,149 Times
Default

Congrats Dev, nicely written intro about "hariya", now like Happy says, pictures please.
Lukeskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 22:13   #10
Senior - BHPian
 
Rahulk76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: PNQ
Posts: 1,133
Thanked: 204 Times
Default

Hariya dariya hai dev...

Congraztzz and Happy motoring..

Thank God, atleast you started the thread

Where are the pics... Can someone from BLR lend devD his camera Plzz.
Rahulk76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 08:26   #11
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,959
Thanked: 1,711 Times
Default Thank You Everyone: Pics coming soon, I promise...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantejas View Post
Congrats boss! lets meet up some time!!
Thanks Tejas, we sure will meet up very soon....Hows your truck doing??

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
dev, Congrats!

btw how much did you buy it for?

I will be a prospective buyer of a used scorpio or a new one might be ina years time. for now even Safari is in the list though.

Coming back to topic, i guess "the CRDI" should be good enough or at;east should cost lesser then the "mhawk". drove "Bolero CRDI" and was more then impressed with it.
Thanks Lohith
There is no dearth of power or torque in the CRDe versions as well. It is just that the MHawk is new gen and is a lighter engine (130kgs) than the CRDe. The Bolero CRDe is indeed a very powerful vehicle with 97BHP for a comparatively light weight chassis and body hence has a good power-to-weight ratio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Hey Dev,
Congrats and a very warm welcome to Hariya.
I thought i was one of those few, who name their cars/bikes and do not treat them as just machines. Now, i have company
I wish you luck, once again and wish Hariya a long and healthy life.
Cheers,
Deepak
Thanks Deepak,
You indeed have company.
I have a name for my Electra as well. He is called the "Don", which is what he is. Ever powerful and charismatic, even after decades of being in production.
Hariya is still a kid who has seen only Blore all these days and a bit of what we travelled together....!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Congrats Dev, nicely written intro about "hariya", now like Happy says, pictures please.
Thank You Hari...oops the names are similar....!!!!! I m planning to go to Happy's house this Sunday afternoon and take a few pics. So Sunday I guess is the day when TBHP sights Hariya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
Hariya dariya hai dev...

Congraztzz and Happy motoring..

Thank God, atleast you started the thread

Where are the pics... Can someone from BLR lend devD his camera Plzz.
He he he....Thank You Rahul....Haan thread to shuru karna hi tha, bas main hi thoda sa aalsi ho gaya tha...sorry for the delay dude....
Well, seems like one "lender" has been arranged for this Sunday....Will post pics soon.....
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 09:01   #12
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 8,017
Thanked: 3,465 Times
Default

You've had the vehicles for this long, and bother to create a thread only now?!
Whats the price you bought it for?

I was on the lookout for a second hand Scorp when looking to buy my first vehicle, but the thoughts about maintaining it as well as the crazy prices in the seconds market put me off.

Would love to see some pics.
benbsb29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 09:39   #13
Senior - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,027
Thanked: 5,325 Times
Default

nice to know this. welcome to Scorp country!
one query - when are you going to share some pics??

enjoy the Scorp - he's a solid reliable workhorse who, with a little care and affectionate treatment, will take you pretty much to the ends of the earth in comfort and safety.

cheers!


Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Some people impress you the moment you see them. Hariya was was of those. Our first meeting was just a 10 min "gear, accelerator,brake and steering shake" and I knew something in him was magnetic.
He is still a kid. Born on 13th Nov 07 to be precise and was given a home by someone else who unfortunately could keep him as they were permanently relocating out of the country.
He has traversed 27k kms in these 2 years and in terms of that number atleast, is exactly as old as I m. The units, though are different.

I brought him home, for ever, on the 23rd of September 2009 and I could see the excitement in his big bright eyes.
He was one of those "Surf Excel" kids who had stains everywhere excpet the most important place, his heart. His 2.6ltr 4 chamber heart was and still is impeccable. Its beat, as good as an infant, its rythim, as smooth as an opera and the urge to perform, like a passionate lover.

We have travelled 2200kms since then and each one of those has been a pleasure.When I took him for his due 25K check up to SKS automobiles where he was, like the cutest kid at a nursing home, was able to woo anyone who checked him out. I was grinning from ear to ear.

So, that is the begining. The end, I know isnt anywhere close.

All ears.....
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 09:49   #14
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,959
Thanked: 1,711 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
You've had the vehicles for this long, and bother to create a thread only now?!
Whats the price you bought it for?

I was on the lookout for a second hand Scorp when looking to buy my first vehicle, but the thoughts about maintaining it as well as the crazy prices in the seconds market put me off.

Would love to see some pics.
Have had this vehicle for long?? Sorry, I didnt get it. He has been with me since the past 20 days or so.

Maintenance, in my opinion should not be a concern as spares are not expensive and we have many Scorp owners in the forum who have had them for a long time and are happy with the purchase.
Pre-owned prices are sure on the higher side, but then, that is an indicator of the value the vehicle holds. I think it is possible to get a good deal with patience, hard work and a bit of luck.
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 11:15   #15
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,860
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Have had this vehicle for long?? Sorry, I didnt get it. He has been with me since the past 20 days or so...
That is long enough! 20 days and you post now!


Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
...Pre-owned prices are sure on the higher side, but then, that is an indicator of the value the vehicle holds. I think it is possible to get a good deal with patience, hard work and a bit of luck.
You were lucky to be at the right place at the right time - there was vehicle which you liked being sold by a person who had a dead line to meet. Second hand market purchases are lot of research and timing, with luck thrown all around!
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MJD completes 2 yrs and 27,000kms zaks Long-Term Ownership Reviews 4 24th September 2010 09:27
Youth Against Terrorism - Drive nikibusa The Team-BHP Meet Section 37 8th December 2008 20:59
Youth suicides after ramming into Gowda's car appuchan Shifting gears 53 11th January 2008 16:29
RD 350 LC YPVS - Where are the Icons of our youth?? kurmist Motorbikes 2 6th March 2007 00:26


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:00.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks