Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 10th February 2010, 20:34   #31
BHPian

Gaja,
can you please confirm when you had to change the clutch? I have done 47K now and I already get the feeling that clutch is not as great as it was at around 40 K. I guess it is partly due to now my running which is mostly in city traffic after I shifted to Chennai. Previously I was in Mysore where you would not find such traffic.

Is there anybody here who has done more than Gaja on Verna? Any info on their clutch and how long has it stood up till?
DWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2010, 13:47   #32
BHPian

DWind, I have done 43K kms on my car now. Almost 80% of this running is in rush hour Delhi traffic. Clutch has hardened a bit but no other issues except that. Planning to get Clutch Bleeding done in the next service.
live2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2010, 14:13   #33
BHPian

bhai after last service in jan , even my car is giving fe of 13-14 in city .

was worried because it went down to 9 in city
NOTORIOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2010, 14:15   #34
BHPian

Hahah! You must be a happy man now Notorious.
Old 11th February 2010, 18:18   #35
BHPian

I changed my clutch in 49000Kms I could have stretched little longer but the clutch was hard and was hurting my knees.I have completed 81000kms no problems till now.I have changed the belt timer and my suspension bushes.I think if the mileage is between 14-16 km/l it is quite ok.
gajadonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2010, 21:32   #36
BHPian

Similar observations Gaja. The suspension has hardened up by a considerable amount.
Guess these bumps and potholes have taken a toll on it. The funny part is that the car's handling has improved due to the stiffness in suspension.

Last edited by live2drive : 11th February 2010 at 21:34.
Old 8th March 2010, 12:50   #37
BHPian

@live2drive - my verna crdi (abs) is nearing 20k km and am due 4th service (1st paid) in another 3k or 4k km.
I am facing vibration from the steering wheel on heavy braking and am not sure if the brake pads are wearing out or if there is some other fault. You didnt mention any brake pad change for your 40k km service. Can you please clarify the same for me please. If you did change the pads, what was the cost for the same?
pras.oct25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 15:40   #38
Senior - BHPian

L2D, How comfortable is the rear seat? The position is very up straight and I personally feel the occupants will complain to take a break quiet often.

ANHC seems to be the best to the lot in this segment. Guys pls don't flame me, I'm no fan of it.

Any comments on other cars with below 10L.
Ramsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 16:36   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
You didnt mention any brake pad change for your 40k km service. Can you please clarify the same for me please. If you did change the pads, what was the cost for the same?
Pras, I forgot to mention in the thread that I got the brake pads changed at 38K kms. Damages: INR 1.4K including labor charges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
L2D, How comfortable is the rear seat? The position is very up straight and I personally feel the occupants will complain to take a break quiet often.
Don't know about the ANHC, but the rear seats in my car are fairly comfortable as per folks at home. Never sat in the rear seat of my car, so no personal experience.
Old 8th March 2010, 17:04   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
Pras, I forgot to mention in the thread that I got the brake pads changed at 38K kms. Damages: INR 1.4K including labor charges.
Is that cost for all 4 brake pads or only front/back? Did you feel any kind of steering vibration etc as the pads were wearing out?
Old 8th March 2010, 19:05   #41
BHPian

The cost I mentioned in my earlier post is for the Front Brake pads only. It's quite early to replace the rear brake pads. (I am assuming your's is the variant with disc brakes in the rear as well). But it's best to get them checked once you give your car for servicing. Ask them to grease the calliper pins as well.

No, there was no vibration at all in the steering before the replacement, though the braking had reduced to an extent.
Old 8th March 2010, 20:29   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
The cost I mentioned in my earlier post is for the Front Brake pads only. It's quite early to replace the rear brake pads. (I am assuming your's is the variant with disc brakes in the rear as well). But it's best to get them checked once you give your car for servicing. Ask them to grease the calliper pins as well.

No, there was no vibration at all in the steering before the replacement, though the braking had reduced to an extent.
Yes I have all round discs. I will have this checked during 4th service. I havent had any issues with braking as such. The brakes are working marvelously well (touchwood) so far, but the steering judder is a worry. Thanks for your inputs! Do keep updating your thread.
Old 10th March 2010, 19:19   #43
BHPian

When the break pads are getting worn off thou braking is fine and during heavy braking steering judder is a common thing once the brake pads are changed they usually settle down.I had a similiar problem but once the brake pads are changed the problem got rectified.Even after this still problem persists then get wheel balancing that should settle the problem.
gajadonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2010, 19:58   #44
BHPian

i also had the steering judder problem and was solved at service by getting the discs skimmed.after that no problem.
drchernish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010, 17:17   #45
BHPian

Default Update at 47400 kms

Got the car serviced at Samara Hyundai. Last service was at ~40700kms.

Total cost: Rs 3475/-

Engine oil, oil filter, air filter, coolant change was performed along with brake cleaning and caliper pin greasing.

Overall experience was'nt good at the service center. Some idiot managed a deep cut on rear right tire's sidewall. The SA would'nt listen to me and rather dismissed my claim stating "Sir tyre hai, cut gaya to hum kya kar sakte hain".

Lost my temper on hearing this, gave him peace of my mind and rushed to the manager's cabin. He listened to my problem politely, and after an hour long of talks, negotiations and heated arguments, I was promised reimbursement of 90% of a brand new tire's cost (Yokohama ES100).

Got a brand new tire fitted the very next day. Left the damaged tire at Samara, gave them the bill and I was handed over a sum of 3100/-. Bye bye Samara Hyundai!

The DAMAGE:
Name:  32552_426167871065_627386065_5947151_33072_n.jpg
Views: 1857
Size:  53.1 KB