Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 27th April 2010, 22:05   #46
BHPian

hi mercedised,

Today i got my oil and filter changes done. But realized that there is diesel leakage from the pump near the rotor. I am going to have it checked tomorrow but any ideas?

regds,
Kedar
HIGHNOON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2010, 23:13   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHNOON View Post
hi mercedised,

Today i got my oil and filter changes done. But realized that there is diesel leakage from the pump near the rotor. I am going to have it checked tomorrow but any ideas?

regds,
Kedar
My Safari was also leaking diesel from fuel pump, I got that checked at SC and they told me an estimate of 1000Rs. I took the vehicle untouched, and decided to get it done some other day. The other day never came and the diesel automatically stopped leaking. Although there is no problem after that till now becuz of that leakage.
mercedised is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2010, 06:44   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
My Safari was also leaking diesel from fuel pump, I got that checked at SC and they told me an estimate of 1000Rs. I took the vehicle untouched, and decided to get it done some other day. The other day never came and the diesel automatically stopped leaking. Although there is no problem after that till now becuz of that leakage.
You are lucky. My safari was also leaking diesel and I had to overhaul the FIP. Total cost about 10k.
sumannandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2010, 09:22   #49
BHPian

[quote=mercedised;[/quote]

Well i got the FIP srviced yesterday .
No leakage anymore and the truck has far more grunt than before , longer self vanished too the nozzles are more silent too.

The bill is as follows - ( mostly illegible :( )
1) fuel pump kit - 575
2) gasket - 260/-
3) oil seal - 175/-
4) rivets or some thing ..... - 190
5) R.P. bUSH - 390/-
6) pressure valve-260/-
----------------------
material cost- 1850/-
service charge 650/-
--------------------------
Total - rs.2500/-
The mechanic charged another 1050/- for the removal and fitting including following works.
Also got 2 bushed of struts changed , full suspension checked , brakes serviced,
diesel filter elements changed ,silencer bracket replaced,
coolant leakage attended , power steering oil replaced and bolts tightening and heating plugs testing .
The total came to 3550/- excluding the power steering oil and the 2 filter elements.
Old 3rd May 2010, 14:47   #50
Senior - BHPian

Well o welll!!! You came out spending almost nothing. Mostly when FIP is serviced the bill too comes HEFTY!!

Last edited by Technocrat : 3rd May 2010 at 18:59. Reason: Please avoid quoting an entire long post specially when its on same page, thanks
Old 4th May 2010, 08:32   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Well o welll!!! You came out spending almost nothing. Mostly when FIP is serviced the bill too comes HEFTY!!
Hi ,

After the FIP overhaul , the bottom end has improved substantially. The vehicle doesnt struggle in AC at low speeds but rolls on relatively unstressed.
I hope my FE is not adversely disturbed with the additional boost.
About the bills ,I am fortunate my mechanic is very good and if you know the direct source , then service is relatively cheaper.
If the bills involves other vendor's proffit / cuts etcetera then the bills come too hefty.

BTW i NOTICED something strange yesterday .My wife would comment that there is a little too much vibration in the floor seating in the passenger seat.
Since the going was smooth at the drivers seat i did not pay much attention. Yesterday asked a friend to drive to town and sat next. and guess what there is substantial more vibration felt on the floor of the passanger seat.
can it be some part touching there ?

Last edited by HIGHNOON : 4th May 2010 at 08:37.
Old 4th May 2010, 08:56   #52
Senior - BHPian

i had extra vibrations on one side when the ball joint on that side in the indica was busted.
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2010, 09:25   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
i had extra vibrations on one side when the ball joint on that side in the indica was busted.
I 'll have it checked again . But everything was ok . No suspension noises, all bushes , joints checked. I had the whole complicated setup checked a week back.
could it be part of axle ?
Old 4th May 2010, 13:38   #54
Senior - BHPian

Changed Gear oil today. The gear shifts have become more smoother.
@ HIGHNOON, How is the cooling of your AC?? in HOT DAYS. Becuz my car doesnot have a effective cooling when fully loaded with passengers and all front,middle,rear AC ON??

Quote:
Hi ,

After the FIP overhaul , the bottom end has improved substantially. The vehicle doesnt struggle in AC at low speeds but rolls on relatively unstressed.
I hope my FE is not adversely disturbed with the additional boost.
About the bills ,I am fortunate my mechanic is very good and if you know the direct source , then service is relatively cheaper.
If the bills involves other vendor's proffit / cuts etcetera then the bills come too hefty.

BTW i NOTICED something strange yesterday .My wife would comment that there is a little too much vibration in the floor seating in the passenger seat.
Since the going was smooth at the drivers seat i did not pay much attention. Yesterday asked a friend to drive to town and sat next. and guess what there is substantial more vibration felt on the floor of the passanger seat.
can it be some part touching there ?
Quote:
I 'll have it checked again . But everything was ok . No suspension noises, all bushes , joints checked. I had the whole complicated setup checked a week back.
could it be part of axle ?
Yes, possibly a part of AXLE; becuz only that thing can cause severe vibrations in RWD vehicles.
Old 4th May 2010, 15:34   #55
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Changed Gear oil today. The gear shifts have become more smoother.
@ HIGHNOON, How is the cooling of your AC?? in HOT DAYS. Becuz my car doesnot have a effective cooling when fully loaded with passengers and all front,middle,rear AC ON??
This question interests me too! Unfortunately with so much glass around, its like an oven and takes a long time to cool down the cabin. Not sure if its a standard thing or just in my Safari.

Adi
AVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2010, 23:29   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post
This question interests me too! Unfortunately with so much glass around, its like an oven and takes a long time to cool down the cabin. Not sure if its a standard thing or just in my Safari.

Adi

So, quite all of the Safari's have this problem, I guess. Will have to do something about it?? as heat is scorching day by day..
Old 5th May 2010, 09:26   #57
BHPian

Quote:
So, quite all of the Safari's have this problem, I guess. Will have to do something about it?? as heat is scorching day by day..
In five /6 yr. old vehicle , the original sun control film must be just about nearing end of its service life. So I would get that changed. May help some.
Other than that , the AC is inadeqaute. I also have some leakage near the front windshield causing mist upto 5/7" ht. This could get worrysome in rain.
I have got a quotation for the AC servicing of Rs.3500/- which involves removing of dash and fixing new insulation , service and gas.
The blowers have to be kept at full go when they are quite noisy. At 2 or 3 the cooling seems inadequate.
Whether all tcics have AC issue i do not know. Maybe so with the engine already underpowered. Specially driving with sun above you is bad with mumbai so hot and humid. Driving at speed with windows rolled down is great with the largish fron windows admitting fair amount of breeze across. but the engine noise , road noise and pollution has to be contended with.
:(
so may get the AC serviced now and shall keep u posted .

Last edited by HIGHNOON : 5th May 2010 at 09:29.
Old 5th May 2010, 13:13   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In five /6 yr. old vehicle , the original sun control film must be just about nearing end of its service life. So I would get that changed. May help some.
Other than that , the AC is inadeqaute. I also have some leakage near the front windshield causing mist upto 5/7" ht. This could get worrysome in rain.
I have got a quotation for the AC servicing of Rs.3500/- which involves removing of dash and fixing new insulation , service and gas.
The blowers have to be kept at full go when they are quite noisy. At 2 or 3 the cooling seems inadequate.
Whether all tcics have AC issue i do not know. Maybe so with the engine already underpowered. Specially driving with sun above you is bad with mumbai so hot and humid. Driving at speed with windows rolled down is great with the largish fron windows admitting fair amount of breeze across. but the engine noise , road noise and pollution has to be contended with.
:(
so may get the AC serviced now and shall keep u posted .
From Where did?? you got the 'Quotation' from?... TASC or Local guy.
About that leakage issue, My car has some leakage from "LHS Door" side, water enters into the cabin in heavy RAINS. But, still i cannot figure out the problem.

Last edited by mercedised : 5th May 2010 at 13:14.
Old 5th May 2010, 17:09   #59
BANNED

Quote:
Never felt it on our 2yrs old Tata Safari 2.2 VTT, the interiors get cooled very fast and never felt any problem with the AC.
gowda79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2010, 17:16   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Never felt it on our 2yrs old Tata Safari 2.2 VTT, the interiors get cooled very fast and never felt any problem with the AC.
The weather in Banglore is a lot different from north India.

I have had this issue in both my cars Alto and Safari. Safari seems to cope with this issue slightly better than the Alto, because I got the 35% VLT sunfilm on Safari as compared to 50% VLT on Alto. I still need to get a front windscreen film installed, but I will go with Vkool only, which is quite expensive (11K +) so need to wait a bit.

Try parking your car in a shaded area, it will make a huge difference to the speed at which the AC cools your car.
Devil on Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote