Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2016, 22:21   #46
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 15
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

I have a Corolla Altis 1.8 Petrol AT 2013. All these days I kept away from installing CNG since boot space was important for my regular long runs. Now that I will have an SUV in my stable, I am planning to go CNG on my Altis. I live in Navi Mumbai and looking for recommended installers and kits to go with the Altis. Appreciate watch out points if any.
maxsonlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2016, 19:44   #47
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 46
Thanked: 51 Times
Default

Hi Mr.Kanitkar,
Can you share some additional details on the kit you've installed:
Company
Type
Cost of installation
Does it have a CNG filter (from tbhp forums, Maruti Ertiga,etc. factory fitted units have it but most after market installs don't seem to have it)
Tank capacity (litres of water & CNG kgs that go in)
Range on full tank
Some pics would be very helpful & appreciated, if possible.

Also, post conversion, does Toyota still service your vehicle without any issues?

Does the extra weight lead to any bottom scraping on speed breakers?
aashishnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2017, 12:54   #48
BHPian
 
akshaymahajan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Delhi
Posts: 480
Thanked: 107 Times
Default Re: toyota corolla Altis AT 67000 KM, 8 years- now on CNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkanitkar View Post
Below are some recent updates on my old thread:
  • It will now 8 years soon for my Altis.
  • It's same smooth running, no issues at all.
  • Changed tyres at 50 K kms, now with michelin tyres.
  • I still do once in year or 15 months annual servicing at DSK Pune.
  • Now it costs around 8.5 K INR.
After 67K kms, I decided to make change in fuel. I had a word with dealer DSK Toyota, they told me that it works. It does no harm. I seen lot of Altis in Thailand on CNG. After going thru all reviews, I decided to install CNG kit.
I was thinking this from 2013, but then CNG was not easily available in Pune.

Now it's stable.

I have AT model, so was doubtful about performance, but absolutely no issues.

We talked to Akash sales - CNG in Sahakar nagar. He done everything right.
It was same experience for me after CNG as well.

Now with 70 Rs. per ltr Petrol rate & 8 KM per ltr. I am running CNG 45 Rs. per KG, around 15 Kms per KG.. Around 70% cost saving on fuel.
It's nice decision, I would recommend others as well.
I later got my friend's Altis also with CNG kit.

Mod Note: Please take the time to format your posts in the interest of readability. Also do not start new thread on a car that already has an ownership review running. Merged with original thread.

Hi

I am toying with the idea of getting a 7 speed Altis Auto and converting it into CNG. How has your experience been so far? Performance and maintenance wise?

Also, any idea what the fair price for a 3013 manufactured, 2014 Jan registered Altis G AT should be in Delhi? Car has under 30,000 kms on the ODO and comes with full service history. The owner is asking for 9 Lakhs but I think that's a bit too high. I was thinking somewhere between 7.5 - 8.25.

Thanks
akshaymahajan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2017, 12:24   #49
BHPian
 
techcoze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Pune
Posts: 122
Thanked: 166 Times
Default Re: toyota corolla Altis AT 67000 KM, 8 years- now on CNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkanitkar View Post
I have AT model, so was doubtful about performance, but absolutely no issues.

We talked to Akash sales - CNG in Sahakar nagar. He done everything right.
It was same experience for me after CNG as well.
Akash sales is the best CNG vendor and installer in Pune. I have done 3 CNG car conversions at this place, first for my Lancer, then for Honda Civic. Except minor gas leak once or twice, there was not even single issue in my car. He has vast experience with different cars, once I have seen him doing CNG conversion for 6 cylinder Mercedes, some other installer had messed up Merc's system during conversion and it was finally at Akash sales for issue rectification
techcoze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2017, 14:49   #50
BHPian
 
INNOVATOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: pune
Posts: 48
Thanked: 30 Times
Default Re: toyota corolla Altis AT 67000 KM, 8 years- now on CNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkanitkar View Post
Below are some recent updates on my old thread:
  • It will now 8 years soon for my Altis.
  • It's same smooth running, no issues at all.
  • Changed tyres at 50 K kms, now with michelin tyres.
  • I still do once in year or 15 months annual servicing at DSK Pune.
  • Now it costs around 8.5 K INR.
After 67K kms, I decided to make change in fuel. I had a word with dealer DSK Toyota, they told me that it works. It does no harm. I seen lot of Altis in Thailand on CNG. After going thru all reviews, I decided to install CNG kit.
I was thinking this from 2013, but then CNG was not easily available in Pune.

Now it's stable.

I have AT model, so was doubtful about performance, but absolutely no issues.

We talked to Akash sales - CNG in Sahakar nagar. He done everything right.
It was same experience for me after CNG as well.

Now with 70 Rs. per ltr Petrol rate & 8 KM per ltr. I am running CNG 45 Rs. per KG, around 15 Kms per KG.. Around 70% cost saving on fuel.
It's nice decision, I would recommend others as well.
I later got my friend's Altis also with CNG kit.

Mod Note: Please take the time to format your posts in the interest of readability. Also do not start new thread on a car that already has an ownership review running. Merged with original thread.
My experience with my petrol Innova G2 from 2006 has been similar. I drove it for ~ 25000 km in the first 4 years of its life. Converted to CNG and then never looked back. Great value for money. ABSOLUTELY no hassles. Installed a Sequential kit on it costing ~ 65 K in 2011. Consider it one of my best investments. Costs me ~ 4 bucks per km in the city - Now try to beat this. Er... it gets beaten y my Alto that was converted to CNG one year before the Innova. Running cost is < 2 Rs./km. Proud to be Green as well!
INNOVATOR is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2017, 15:23   #51
BHPian
 
techcoze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Pune
Posts: 122
Thanked: 166 Times
Default Re: toyota corolla Altis AT 67000 KM, 8 years- now on CNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by INNOVATOR View Post
Costs me ~ 4 bucks per km in the city - Now try to beat this.
CNG cost per km for my Honda Civic is Rs. 2.60. Occasionally I had to run on petrol on long journeys where CNG pumps were not available, still considering all fuel costs (CNG + petrol) for last 4 years, avg. cost per km is Rs. 3.26/-
This is calculated from year 2013 - 46k KM running after CNG installation and all CNG + petrol costs, with 90% driving in city area.

On highways CNG cost comes down to ~2.00/- per km, and on expressway per km cost ~1.50/-, It's cheaper than walking
techcoze is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2009 Toyota Corolla Altis 1.8 GL ownership report - 68,000 kms and close to 8 years later Vid6639 Long-Term Ownership Reviews 293 13th July 2017 14:51
Toyota Corolla Altis 1.8 AT - 4.5 years, 51000 kms. Running well...very well! geronimo Long-Term Ownership Reviews 39 12th May 2017 17:59
Toyota Corolla Altis CNG Screwdriva The Indian Car Scene 28 10th December 2011 12:09
All new Corolla coming soon EDIT: Corolla Altis now Launched extreme_torque The Indian Car Scene 295 19th September 2008 23:48


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:49.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks