Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 12th January 2010, 13:59   #46
Senior - BHPian

attatching a snap from the indicab user manual
http://customercare.tatamotors.com/manual/IndiCab.pdf
Name:  indicab.jpg
Views: 1161
Size:  21.5 KB
Maybe the odo is different for indica and indicabs.
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 14:19   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
attatching a snap from the indicab user manual
http://customercare.tatamotors.com/manual/IndiCab.pdf
Attachment 263470
Maybe the odo is different for indica and indicabs.
Hey Greenhorn,

Can you post it for Indica as well? I have Indica DLS and it is having 6 digits without any digit for meters, tripmeter in it does have digit for meters.
Sang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 14:23   #48
Senior - BHPian

I have an indica too, and its got 6 digits , and I agree with you that the Indica's, at least from 2003 , for ex, see hrag's indica lsi console

have 6 digits.

My point is, it may be different for indicas and indicab. A taxi driver will have infinitely more use for a tenth's digit on the odo, than a lakh's digit
Old 12th January 2010, 15:38   #49
BHPian

Quote:
I have an indica too, and its got 6 digits , and I agree with you that the Indica's, at least from 2003 , for ex, see hrag's indica lsi console

have 6 digits.

My point is, it may be different for indicas and indicab. A taxi driver will have infinitely more use for a tenth's digit on the odo, than a lakh's digit
Very true, Totally agree with you and take back my word's on 'digit' thing

However, the intent of my post was to ensure that we should not be doubting thread-starter as He clearly mentioned in many posts that He is posting what He heard and He doesn't have any personal benefit in promoting the same.
Sang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2010, 06:44   #50
BHPian

@Sang
You are right. Instead of reading the data carefully, lot of people tried to make this post to bash on Indica, trying to prove the data is wrong without putting any facts. Regarding ODO, I personally read the nos. so I put it, but people who even don't know about odo meter in Indica, joined the party saying the info is false. when I put few questions here, nobody bothered to reply. My intension was to share the facts, I done it. If we can get some reports of cabs like Indica, Tavera, Innova & so on, will be new learning for this community.
mrkanitkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2010, 07:47   #51
BHPian

mrkanitkar deserve an apology for being honestly learning member without any prejudice but sort of being bullied.
I have not done so, still on behalf of others i extend my apology and request him to continue in real jest.

Cheers
P.S do read my signature
sanagg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2010, 07:57   #52
BHPian

Cribbers always crib.

I have a not-so-well maintained Indica V2 DLS Turbo (6 digit electronic odo) having done over 1,30,000 kms. Not-so-well maintained because I am the only car enthusiast in the family and the car is driven by me (occassionally), my brother (always cribs but doesn't want the Ikon because it is more expensive to maintain), my father and a couple of drivers (mostly). They have managed to skip at least 3-4 services in between.

Still runs like a charm, 17 kmpl minimum, engine untouched. Never had a breakdown, except when I cut the power-steering hydraulic cable. Built to a price, but always has been reliable.

I have already mentioned that my friend's Indica NA driven 99% by his father has 60000 kms on the odo, and feels as though it has just come out of the showroom. Puts my maintenance to shame. But my car has done ravaged roads on a regular basis, while his has seen more city and highway than rural roads.

I firmly believe the story here. It is possible.
discoverwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2010, 11:15   #53
Senior - BHPian

You're right. Given the random nature of Tata's spotty QC, this just might be what a perfectly functional indica should be. Pity so few of them get made
Old 13th January 2010, 12:32   #54
BHPian

I was amazed because I have rarely seen cars that have crossed two lakh kms on the ODO without rebuild and as I said, all of them had 5 digit meters. If there are 6 digits and what the driver said is true, then it IS a remarkable achievement. It mainly owes to the way the owner maintained the car. He must have taken extra care.

PS: I own an Indica too. But the ODO is digital. Hence the confusion.
DieselAddikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2010, 19:10   #55
BHPian

Quote:
You're right. Given the random nature of Tata's spotty QC, this just might be what a perfectly functional indica should be. Pity so few of them get made
The day they make more of such cars, they will change their tag line to-More QCs per Car.
Johnny_ is offline   Reply With Quote