Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 7th June 2010, 16:15   #331
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
i didnt see what brand but i do recall jehangir telling me that they use imported stuff. but their machines also seemed to be of high quality, especially the buffing machine while looking quite a bit bigger than the other little ones ive seen elsewhere.

give jehangir a call, hes a very helpful chap. he will answer all your queries without pushing you to book an appointment or anything.
Will do, after the monsoons.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 13:27   #332
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
one thing ive been noticing. normally if i take off from the signal the tyres struggle for grip, tcs flashes alot, so i was wondering that dont expensive tyres like advan sports offer more grip than this?
Even if you get drag slicks, the front end will struggle for traction. Your car has over 200 BHP on the front wheels, really nothing you can do. Best to have a half-throttle start, and then pedal to the medal after 20 kph (if you don't want to spin the tyres).

Quote:
also got the car detailed from a company called kamyo
I've used Kamyo twice and would overall rate their work as an 7.5 / 10. Was happy with them, but eventually discovered Rhyme & Rhythm who do a much better job overall.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 13:35   #333
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Even if you get drag slicks, the front end will struggle for traction. Your car has over 200 BHP on the front wheels, really nothing you can do. Best to have a half-throttle start, and then pedal to the medal after 20 kph (if you don't want to spin the tyres).

I've used Kamyo twice and would overall rate their work as an 7.5 / 10. Was happy with them, but eventually discovered Rhyme & Rhythm who do a much better job overall.
when i take off from signals i normally do use only half throttle until about 15-20kmph then give full. but still the tcs flashes intermittently until it switches to 2nd gear. lots of power.

oh i thought kamyo did a wonderful job, especially with the swirl marks. maybe ill try rhyme and rhythm next time. i was a bit put off with rhyme and rhythm because when i went there finding out about detailing and a music system the brothers seemed least interested in selling anything, and never got back to me.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2010, 01:09   #334
Team-BHP Support

UPDATE - 3500 KM REVIEW

ive had the accord now for 6 months. and it has now done 10,3xxkms so its been 3500kms since i got it. and these 6 months and 3500kms have been nothing but pure fun. so heres a short review after my initial impressions in the first post.

The Car
well for this price i have got as much power and space as a merc e-class which is pure VFM. the engine is also a stonker, and it has a fair amount of features, of course not to be compared to the germans. on the whole it is a very nice all round car, fun when you want it to be, just as happy cruising on a highway or pottering around in traffic. if anything, i wish the build quality was a little bit better, of course its still miles ahead of the honda city and other japanese cars that ive seen.

The Engine
where do i start about the engine? its powerful, its smooth, its refined, its torquey. the engine is what i love most about this car and was the single biggest reason for buying this car. it is bloody powerful, the car struggles for grip in first and second gears and it blasts past 100kmph in 8 or so seconds and reaches 170 in third gear before the progress slows down a bit. it is soo refined that at idle you cannot make out it is on, not only the vibrations, but put down the window and you will only hear a faint murmur. the engine was already silky smooth, but after changing to synthetic its at another level. it is as happy at 7000rpm as it is at 1000rpm. it revvs without the slightest strain and can put many cars to shame the way it revvs. the j30a4 is just brilliant to say the least. the only negative part is the low fuel economy, but hell, who cares? the smile on your face when you floor the throttle will make you forget that.

The Suspension and Handling
the suspension can be a weak point of this car sometimes. it is slightly stiff at lower speeds and is not the best if your looking for handling. well even after changing to 17 inchers and 225 width tyres, the ride is just as good, and only if its a sharp bump do you feel the jolt more. low speed ride too is just ok. after changing the shoes, at higher speeds the car feels much more planted and less wallowy. and even while taking sharp turns, bodyroll is still present but the grip is pretty damn good. overall i would say a good compromise between comfort and a little bit of handling, i wish it was a little stiffer though.

oh yeah, sat in the backseat once, and wow the side is simply astounding, you cant feel any bumps at all. i was very surprised. dont ask why i was sitting there haha.

The Brakes
the brakes may be the 2nd weak point of this car. they are extremely good for normal driving and you can shed speed quickly even from medium speeds like 100-120kmph. but sometimes if you go above that to say 160-180kmph then you can experience brake judder, but the brakes still seem to work decently enough at losing speed. the brakes, i feel, could have been more sensitive, but the feel is reasonably good.

The Mileage
still getting around the same mileage, which is around 5.5-6kmpl. this is only in bombay traffic and sometimes in bumper to bumper. also this is NOT driving like a granny, i redline at least 2-3 times whenever i drive. i would say this is acceptable mileage for an engine of this size. im sure if i do this perfectly i.e without redlining and all i will get 7 or so kmpl. never been on a highway drive so cant say what the mileage would be.

The Mods
i have done a few mods to the car and i plan on doing a few more in the future. some are performance, some are just utility. here is a list

-Autogauge HID Xenon Headlights in lowbeam and fogs - lights up the road like day
-some greenish tints on the side and rear and 3m cr70 on the windscreen - do a very good job of keeping the heat out. climate control never has to be less than 25.
-tyres upsize to 225/50 r17 Yokohama Advan Sport and Enkei SC-08 Rims - brilliant tyres, the ride quality is the same after upsize and the rims are pretty light.
-k&n Typhoon - 10.4hp added to the car. brilliant sound. need i say more?

in the near future
- ICE, processor and a 4 channel amp and alpine speakers.
- Remap
- Upgrade brakes or brake pads somehow

MISC
-the steering is hydraulically assisted so the feel is great and it weighs up nicely as you build up speed.
-after upsizing rims the car feels much more chuckable, and dosent wallow allow or handle like a boat.
-the yellow LED ambient light is very neat and lights up the area around the gear shift, looks nice at night.
-before you abuse me for putting xenons in reflectors, note that i have never been flashed by any car in the opposite direction to lower my beams.
-the k&n is bloody loud, lol some people have mistaken it for an exhaust.
-having a nice number like 3333 gets you nice treatment, ;D sometimes at malls they dont even do a security check on my car. and cops never stop at nakabandis.
-also black is an extremely difficult colour to maintain. looks the best when its shiny but very, very hard to keep it that way.
-the a.c is very good, never have to set it at less than 25.

hope you like this review.

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th June 2010 at 18:23. Reason: P4 = Autogauge -- on request
Old 10th June 2010, 12:04   #335
Team-BHP Support

Great to see good progress, Akshay! The Accord looks lovely and I'm sure it sounds the business. No plans on any exhaust modifications yet? And as for ICE, could you break it down for us?
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2010, 12:26   #336
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Great to see good progress, Akshay! The Accord looks lovely and I'm sure it sounds the business. No plans on any exhaust modifications yet? And as for ICE, could you break it down for us?
about the ICE. i have alpine type-r components and 6x9s lying at home with me. they will fit into the stock location. looking to buy the rockford fosgate 3sixty.1 as the processor, the prices in india are plain stupid so will buy it from the U.S. and need to pick up one 4 channel amp with 100w RMS to each channel for the speakers. maybe also a monoblock and a sub.
Old 10th June 2010, 16:42   #337
Team-BHP Support

here are some more pics, hope you like them. i still want to do a proper photoshoot. does anyone want to do a photoshoot along with my car?
Attached Thumbnails
V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-dsc_1012.jpg  

V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-dsc_1014.jpg  

V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-dsc_1015.jpg  

V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-dsc_1019.jpg  

V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-dsc_1020.jpg  

Old 10th June 2010, 17:02   #338
Team-BHP Support

Great report. 170kmph in 3rd gear? . I am sure in that tankful it returned sub 5kmpl

Is that ANHC also yours? Where were the pictures taken?
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2010, 17:17   #339
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Great report. 170kmph in 3rd gear? . I am sure in that tankful it returned sub 5kmpl

Is that ANHC also yours? Where were the pictures taken?
yes it manages just about 170kmph before shifting to 4th.

the anhc is not mine. the pictures are taken in my building.
Old 10th June 2010, 22:57   #340
Senior - BHPian

akshay does your accord have front wind shield film? which brand and what was the cost buddy?
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2010, 23:29   #341
Senior - BHPian

Looks awesome Akshay, and cool spot you have for your Accord to rest!

I like your number plate... it has my initials (AK)
anekho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2010, 23:35   #342
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
akshay does your accord have front wind shield film? which brand and what was the cost buddy?
yes it has 3m cr70 and it cost around 6k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Looks awesome Akshay, and cool spot you have for your Accord to rest!

I like your number plate... it has my initials (AK)
thanks buddy, i cant leave the car parked there, the salty air would really mess up the paint. i park it underground normally.

haha it has the first 2 letters of my name too.
Old 11th June 2010, 00:42   #343
Team-BHP Support

heres another pic i just edited
Attached Thumbnails
V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-dsc_10192.jpg  

Old 11th June 2010, 08:43   #344
Distinguished - BHPian

Loved the recent review.

Can you post details of the P4and pix of your car with it on? Have seen advertisements of this brand but haven't seen/read about it here.

Waiting for the photo shoot
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2010, 09:11   #345
BHPian

Nice Alloys. And V6 looks smashing in Black. Awaiting more pics from the photo-shoot.
arishi1 is offline   Reply With Quote