Old 27th November 2010, 04:48   #406
BHPian

Akshay,Which Brand HID's intalled in your accord? Price & Brand Pls
valapad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2010, 16:43   #407
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Will changing the shocks to Koni FSD adjustable alone would help?
I am planning a similar upgrade on my Civic and hence the question.

Sorry Akshay for hijacking your thread.
Koni FSDs will probably be quite a bit more expensive than normal Koni Yellow Adjustable shocks. PM a member here - M4UGR8 I think, he has Koni yellows on his Civic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Yup! What a machine that! Lovely wheels and the body-kit was so perfect! If I remember correctly, he remapped the ECU, got an Induction kit and an exhaust system installed. Sorted!
Yes that car was great.

Well, shocks would be a lot better than just a strut-brace. But it's like saying a full FFE is better than just the cat! Besides, a strut-brace would help and it would be much cheaper than getting a set of shocks. I think kpzen's got a point here. Why don't you build on the suspension bits one at a time? get the strut-brace now and see if it helps. If you want better handling, then the shocks should sort out that issue.

And the brace would help stiffening up the suspension and reducing roll and pitch.
I dont want just better handling, Im sure a strut brace can manage that. I want the full behavior of the car at higher speeds to change. Right now its not bad, but still like a boat. I think with coilovers/shocks it will behave possible, more like a european car. Much more stable at higher speeds, less affected by rough patches, and of course better handling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboy44 View Post
@akshay
awesome car you got there mate,
love the alloys and the care that you extend to your car.
i missed my chance of getting a used accord when i got the jazz this year, i did come across a very well maintained 2nd gen accord 2.4mt.
but somehow we really needed the convenience of a hatchback, going through your thread makes me wanna turn back time and get that accord.
Thanks buddy. Yes you certainly did miss a good deal. Well theres always next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valapad View Post
Akshay,Which Brand HID's intalled in your accord? Price & Brand Pls
Autogauge 4300k HIDs. 7.5k per set. 2 sets installed, in low beam and fogs.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 27th November 2010 at 16:44.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2010, 23:53   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Yes it would! And to quite a large extent actually! And you can get the upgrade on your Civic. It would work wonders and help wipe-out the softness in the Civic's suspension. You might even go over some larger speed-breakers and not hit them!
This is music to my ears! Any first hand experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Koni FSDs will probably be quite a bit more expensive than normal Koni Yellow Adjustable shocks. PM a member here - M4UGR8 I think, he has Koni yellows on his Civic.
Well you will be surprised. The difference is not much. Approx 40K for Koni Yellows and 47K for FSD.
Yes, I remember he's got Koni Yellows but their availability is a problem, same for FSD.
Infact thats a blessing for me, allows me to arrange much needed cash.
hiren.mistry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2010, 10:31   #409
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I dont want just better handling, Im sure a strut brace can manage that. I want the full behavior of the car at higher speeds to change. Right now its not bad, but still like a boat. I think with coilovers/shocks it will behave possible, more like a european car. Much more stable at higher speeds, less affected by rough patches, and of course better handling.
Then the FSDs that cost roughly 50k should be money well spent, Akshay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
This is music to my ears! Any first hand experience?
The ride may seem a bit harsh especially on city roads, but you should get used to it. The FSDs will firm up the ride, but the upside will be the ability to clear most speed-breakers. Something the Civic doesn't do very well. The firmer setting will allow lesser suspension travel when loaded up, and keeps the GC slightly higher as opposed to the stock setting which is softer.

This is second hand info though. You might want to read up on this and probably as around! You're on Team-BHP, you're bound to find someone!
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2010, 10:29   #410
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The owner of that Accord happened to be the dealer of a Honda outlet somewhere in Mumbai. Perhaps a bit of research should help you find the guy.
Mariwalas car (dealership = Linkway Honda). Cost about 3 lakhs to soup up:

Name:  mugenaccord8ht.jpg
Views: 1878
Size:  82.8 KB

Quote:
The ride may seem a bit harsh especially on city roads, but you should get used to it. The FSDs will firm up the ride, but the upside will be the ability to clear most speed-breakers.
Actually, one of the best parts about the FSDs is variable damping. At slow speeds, they soften up (typically within the city). The second you put the car under hard cornering, they firm up. I've driven a vRS with FSDs and the improvement in grip (vis a vis a stock vRS) wasn't as much as the same in city ride quality was. These kind of dampers can completely change the behaviour of 'em Hondas.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2010, 11:17   #411
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Attachment 460658
This is the one! GTO, you've made me go all nostalgic! What a beauty! I did quite a lot of digging for that particular BSM issue but I just couldn't find it! I'm at peace now!

Quote:
Actually, one of the best parts about the FSDs is variable damping. At slow speeds, they soften up (typically within the city). The second you put the car under hard cornering, they firm up. I've driven a vRS with FSDs and the improvement in grip (vis a vis a stock vRS) wasn't as much as the same in city ride quality was. These kind of dampers can completely change the behaviour of 'em Hondas.
Yup! The variable damping does ensure a softer and smoother ride within the city. It wouldn't be as soft as the Civic's current setup though. Slightly stiffer, and that helps it clear most speed-breakers. FSDs are actually perfect for the Civic. the perfect upgrade if you're the spirited sort behind the wheel.

I'd been in a Pete'd vRS with Bilstein shocks and H&R coil-overs. The ride at lower speeds, especially over uneven roads, is jarring! Take it beyond 50 (preferably with the foot down ) and the ride evens out. I wasn't driving it, but I'm told that it can dart into corners like an out-right sports car! The handling is in a different league!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 29th November 2010 at 11:18.
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2010, 12:22   #412
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Attachment 460658

Wait wasnt Mariwalas car golden? I remember a golden Mugen kitted Accord.

Bad news is that there are NO FSDs for my Accord. Only Koni Yellow Sport shocks. So its either gonna be D2 coilovers, or Koni Yellow Sport shocks, with H&R springs which lower the car by 0.5".
Old 30th November 2010, 10:54   #413
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Now that you mention it, yes his car was definitely golden. Maybe he repainted? Here is a thread (Mariwala's Mugen Honda) and BSM link on the same car.

Quote:
Bad news is that there are NO FSDs for my Accord.
You checked directly with Koni? If so, that sucks.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2010, 11:08   #414
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Now that you mention it, yes his car was definitely golden. Maybe he repainted? Here is a thread (Mariwala's Mugen Honda) and BSM link on the same car.

You checked directly with Koni? If so, that sucks.
Thanks for that link. Marilwala said the stock handling of the Accord is quite good. But its possible that there are 2 different Accords, since the one you posted above has a spoiler whereas the golden one in the link does not.

I remember seeing this car exiting one of those Poonam chambers buildings in Worli where they had a Merc workshop(?) and remember seeing the front lip scrape the ground while going over that small bump. Thats whats kept me away from any body kits even though I quite like the Mugen kit.

Now to do more research on this chip which liberates 20bhp more. If its from Mugen then it will be worth the price.

Also for the shocks, I checked the US site and it only had Yellow sport shocks, FSDs are only for the present Accord.
Old 30th November 2010, 14:50   #415

The pic of the accord with the mugen body kit is of a car from chennai and this is not the bombay one.and it has now been replaced with a new generation accord kitted with a body kit from mugen.
badz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2010, 11:02   #416
Team-BHP Support

Default re: My Accord V6- 15000km update & new pics pg.29

Well now that the weather has cooled down, the car is flyiiiiiing. In first the traction control light just dosent go off. I really should time some runs now.

Anyway the car is due for an ICE upgrade next week. Will be getting the Alpine Type R 12" subwoofer along with the Alpine M500 Monoblock amp fitted from Ajay. Unfortunately I was unable to get the processor so will have to manage without that for 2 months or so.

Exciting times ahead.
Old 16th December 2010, 12:06   #417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Bad news is that there are NO FSDs for my Accord. Only Koni Yellow Sport shocks. So its either gonna be D2 coilovers, or Koni Yellow Sport shocks, with H&R springs which lower the car by 0.5".
Yes Mariwalas car is indeed Golden. Its now owned by a friend of mine who lives in Andheri Lokhandwala. Drove it a couple of weeks ago. The exhaust note is sweeet. And the car is fast too.
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2010, 12:49   #418
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Yes Mariwalas car is indeed Golden. Its now owned by a friend of mine who lives in Andheri Lokhandwala. Drove it a couple of weeks ago. The exhaust note is sweeet. And the car is fast too.
Can you get some more details on the mods, and some pics too? Will really appreciate that.
Old 16th December 2010, 12:52   #419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can you get some more details on the mods, and some pics too? Will really appreciate that.

Sure will do so the next time I meet him. As far as I know the car is 260 BHP.
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2010, 12:55   #420
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Sure will do so the next time I meet him. As far as I know the car is 260 BHP.
Thanks, you should ask him to get it to the dyno too. Will be interesting to see how much it puts out compared to a near stock V6 like mine.