Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 16th January 2010, 14:36   #31
Senior - BHPian

Hey Akshay, congrats on the Accord V6. Thats an awesome car with an even better price. Heck Its a steal with only 7K on the clock. And with a full service at about 5.6k ( I used to pay similar amounts for servicing my Uno ) it is cheaper to maintain as well.
I also had a 3.2 Litre inline 6 with an auto box which was adaptive to driving i.e. would shift up on 3k if I was driving with a light foot but would take it to the redline if the pedal was pushed. Does the Honda not do that? I'm sure that if you can upshift early, the mileage will also increase.

Looking forward to the pics.

Cheers
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2010, 14:41   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Good move Akshay. Getting the car serviced right away was a smart move! Now we can't wait for the pictures!

P.S. When do the 17" wheels come on?
soon my friend, soon. im thinking of a rim with spokes kind of like bbs, and in a black chrome finish. ill try and get a pic of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Hey Akshay, congrats on the Accord V6. Thats an awesome car with an even better price. Heck Its a steal with only 7K on the clock. And with a full service at about 5.6k ( I used to pay similar amounts for servicing my Uno ) it is cheaper to maintain as well.
I also had a 3.2 Litre inline 6 with an auto box which was adaptive to driving i.e. would shift up on 3k if I was driving with a light foot but would take it to the redline if the pedal was pushed. Does the Honda not do that? I'm sure that if you can upshift early, the mileage will also increase.

Looking forward to the pics.

Cheers
the box does do that. depending on how much you press the accel it shifts up early or holds it to the redline. anyway im getting just about 5kmpl. it should increase a bit since i just gave it for service.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2010, 15:12   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
soon my friend, soon. im thinking of a rim with spokes kind of like bbs, and in a black chrome finish. ill try and get a pic of it.
Something like this perhaps? Minus the red lip of course!

EDIT: These are BBS LMs bro. But they're replicas I think!
Attached Images

Last edited by suhaas307 : 16th January 2010 at 15:15.
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2010, 15:27   #34
BHPian

Hi,

BBS LM can not be fitted only CK 18 x 8 will fit on Accord.PM me if you need more info.

PJ
PJSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2010, 15:35   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations buddy ! For that price, the v6 accord gives you power to keep up with a lot of the germans costing a bomb in comparison. The silky smooth power is addictive, but be safe especially around close bends or you'll often find yourself in a dicey situation like many v6 owners.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2010, 15:36   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSPEED View Post
Hi,

BBS LM can not be fitted only CK 18 x 8 will fit on Accord.PM me if you need more info.

PJ
I am aware of the fact that BBS LMs don't fit. I'd posted a picture of the wheel so that one gets an idea of what kind of wheels he's looking for. He mentioned that he's getting something 'like' BBS anyway!

EDIT: There are other BBS rims that can go on an Accord other than CKs. BBS RX and RX II would be nice.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 16th January 2010 at 15:38.
Old 16th January 2010, 20:53   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Something like this perhaps? Minus the red lip of course!

EDIT: These are BBS LMs bro. But they're replicas I think!
the spokes are like that except theyre only 5 or 6 spokes and theyre spread out more. but thats matte black. im lookin at black chrome and the blue stripe is behind the spokes. it looks sexy.

pj - thanks man, but bbs is way outta my budget unless you can find me rims in 17" around 30k for 4. lol. the tyres ive decided are gonna be yokohama advan sport 225/50 r17.

sahil - thats very true especially with the stock shitty tyres. i once accelerated down from the altamount road signal at kemps corner, and while turning right to go towards warden road i had to slam on the brakes because of the understeer. the first gear pull is something to experience (not for you though, with your 525 )

also im just going down to take some pics. will upload them in an hour.
Old 16th January 2010, 21:08   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
the spokes are like that except theyre only 5 or 6 spokes and theyre spread out more. but thats matte black. im lookin at black chrome and the blue stripe is behind the spokes. it looks sexy.

pj - thanks man, but bbs is way outta my budget unless you can find me rims in 17" around 30k for 4. lol. the tyres ive decided are gonna be yokohama advan sport 225/50 r17.

sahil - thats very true especially with the stock shitty tyres. i once accelerated down from the altamount road signal at kemps corner, and while turning right to go towards warden road i had to slam on the brakes because of the understeer. the first gear pull is something to experience (not for you though, with your 525 )

also im just going down to take some pics. will upload them in an hour.
Sweet man! I can't wait to get a glimpse of it! It should sizzle like anything! As you mentioned, you wouldn't be doing anything to the motor. But dude, do get a K&N conical-universal with FIPK II/Typhoon. It would sound great! The induction noise would be something to kill for!

I'm not sure if Green or Pipercross have any application for the Accord. But K&N I reckon should do just fine! Do give it a thought!
Old 16th January 2010, 21:15   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sweet man! I can't wait to get a glimpse of it! It should sizzle like anything! As you mentioned, you wouldn't be doing anything to the motor. But dude, do get a K&N conical-universal with FIPK II/Typhoon. It would sound great! The induction noise would be something to kill for!

I'm not sure if Green or Pipercross have any application for the Accord. But K&N I reckon should do just fine! Do give it a thought!
check my garage or my signature. haha i dont keep my cars stock.

its all in the pipeline. i have some nice plans for this car. this is the order im sticking to.

rims and tyres.
angel eyes and xenons.
ice.
--------- break of a few months
k&n typhoon kit (might happen in april)
remap/ standalone ecu
ebc brakepads front and rear
--------- again another break
d2 coilovers
remus/ magnaflow catback

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 16th January 2010 at 21:17.
Old 16th January 2010, 21:35   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
check my garage or my signature. haha i dont keep my cars stock.

its all in the pipeline. i have some nice plans for this car. this is the order im sticking to.

rims and tyres.
angel eyes...

...magnaflow catback
That's a long list! So I guess you've given this some thought! Nice dude. Looking forward to the pictures now! Oh and don't forget the Live To Drive sticker!
Old 16th January 2010, 21:59   #41
Team-BHP Support

so here are a few pics. sorry for the terrible quality. will get some nice daylight pics in a day or two. hope these will do till then.

note - the wooden bits in the interior look brighter than they actually are, so does the instrument cluster.

request to mods - can you add (pics on page 3) to the title.
Attached Thumbnails
V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-dsc_0827.jpg  

V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-dsc_0828.jpg  

V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-dsc_0829.jpg  

V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-dsc_0830.jpg  

V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-dsc_0832.jpg  

V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-dsc_0834.jpg  

V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-dsc_0835.jpg  

V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-dsc_0836.jpg  

V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-dsc_0837.jpg  

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 16th January 2010 at 22:01.
Old 16th January 2010, 22:12   #42
Team-BHP Support

Man I love the optitron display on the old Accord. Classy. They have a very cheesy display in the new accord.

So the old one had cruise control and steering mounted audio, both of which were promptly removed in the new one.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2010, 22:20   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Man I love the optitron display on the old Accord. Classy. They have a very cheesy display in the new accord.

So the old one had cruise control and steering mounted audio, both of which were promptly removed in the new one.
the new one is kinda like a ripoff the new bmws.

cruise control was only on the 3.0 v6.
Old 17th January 2010, 01:19   #44
BHPian

WOW
its sooooo damn awesome.
When am i getting to rip her apart?
abhayshanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2010, 02:49   #45
Senior - BHPian

nice stuff mate. i want to know if this car is also 4 speed or 5 speed. i know the older gen was a 4 speed.
jesal is offline   Reply With Quote