Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2012, 22:18   #571
Senior - BHPian
 
pranavt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,628
Thanked: 270 Times
Default Re: V6 Power - My Accord. EDIT - New Pics Pg. 37!

Interesting thread Akshay. Nice to see that requests of adding red Honda badges have fallen on deaf ears lol.

You didn't mention anywhere if you changed springs when you switched to Konis. Using stock springs or something else? I assume the ride height is same as stock, owing to standard struts without any ride height adjusters?

Cheers.
pranavt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2012, 01:22   #572
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,384
Thanked: 5,229 Times
Default Re: V6 Power - My Accord. EDIT - New Pics Pg. 37!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Interesting thread Akshay. Nice to see that requests of adding red Honda badges have fallen on deaf ears lol.

You didn't mention anywhere if you changed springs when you switched to Konis. Using stock springs or something else? I assume the ride height is same as stock, owing to standard struts without any ride height adjusters?

Cheers.
Lol I thought those would look ricer. Generally, at least till now my mod sense has been decent.

The springs are stock, was considering eibach springs but then I thought it would become too stiff. The ride height is the same. Actually with the Konis you can adjust ride height but thats because it has 5 different slots for the springs to mount onto. The 3rd being the stock ride height.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2012, 22:13   #573
Senior - BHPian
 
pranavt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,628
Thanked: 270 Times
Default Re: V6 Power - My Accord. EDIT - New Pics Pg. 37!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Lol I thought those would look ricer. Generally, at least till now my mod sense has been decent.

The springs are stock, was considering eibach springs but then I thought it would become too stiff. The ride height is the same. Actually with the Konis you can adjust ride height but thats because it has 5 different slots for the springs to mount onto. The 3rd being the stock ride height.
How are the Enkeis holding up?

I cannot remember right now, is it the AT or the MT Accords which come with the strut bar from factory?

I should have mine next week, I believe. 2006 model. Don't like the feeling of being disconnected from the road, but that was always going to happen after driving the OHC which felt like a go-kart when coupled with good suspension. I've already got Konis and Ground Control sleeves and springs on the way.

MT conversion should happen later; flat broke because all my money is going into the OHC.
pranavt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2012, 00:52   #574
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,384
Thanked: 5,229 Times
Default Re: V6 Power - My Accord. EDIT - New Pics Pg. 37!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
How are the Enkeis holding up?

I cannot remember right now, is it the AT or the MT Accords which come with the strut bar from factory?

I should have mine next week, I believe. 2006 model. Don't like the feeling of being disconnected from the road, but that was always going to happen after driving the OHC which felt like a go-kart when coupled with good suspension. I've already got Konis and Ground Control sleeves and springs on the way.

MT conversion should happen later; flat broke because all my money is going into the OHC.
Enkeis are perfect, didn't really expect anything to happen to them

I don't think any came with strut bar, at least not in India.

Great, yes it feels disconnected but luckily the steering isn't half bad. Especially with the wider tyres. Are you planning on doing anything to the tyres and rims? Luckily the engine is a gem.

MT conversion will be very interesting, have you done more research?

Along with the springs just order the Hawk pads, I'm telling you within the first week you will decide you need them. The brake fade is just terrible on stock pads.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2012, 01:38   #575
Senior - BHPian
 
pranavt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,628
Thanked: 270 Times
Default Re: V6 Power - My Accord. EDIT - New Pics Pg. 37!

I believe the AV6 with MT tranny (Coupes only) came with strut bars

Name:  ZgcGj.jpg
Views: 2137
Size:  85.6 KB

Further, can you take a clearer pic of this area below:



The pic you've taken above is quite dark. The car that I purchased definitely has something connected to each strut tower that goes under the windshield/towards the firewall. I'm sure I can see something on your car's strut tower as well. Not sure if it's connecting the two strut towers or just each strut tower to the firewall. But there's definitely something OE that's being used to add rigidity. Will only know more when I have a better peek under the hood.

Will be running stock rims, as is usual for me. Will get stickier tires for sure.

Will order Hawk pads then.

Did a bunch of research on the MT conversion. Should be relatively easy once the parts are procured. Doable over a weekend with the right tools and help.
pranavt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2012, 02:18   #576
Team-BHP Support
 
Technocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 14,801
Thanked: 2,312 Times
Default Re: V6 Power - My Accord. EDIT - New Pics Pg. 37!

My 8th Gen V6 Sedan came with Sway Bar (as they call here)

See the pic

Name:  SwayBar.JPG
Views: 2157
Size:  57.8 KB
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2012, 02:56   #577
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,384
Thanked: 5,229 Times
Default Re: V6 Power - My Accord. EDIT - New Pics Pg. 37!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
I believe the AV6 with MT tranny (Coupes only) came with strut bars

Further, can you take a clearer pic of this area below:


Will be running stock rims, as is usual for me. Will get stickier tires for sure.

Will order Hawk pads then.

Did a bunch of research on the MT conversion. Should be relatively easy once the parts are procured. Doable over a weekend with the right tools and help.
Oh yeah you're right about the strut bar on Coupes.

Will check under the hood tomorrow for those thingies.

With stock rims, I think 225/55 R16 would be the best upsize.

MT conversion should be straightforward, no doubt. And man the car will be brilliant after that.

Do also consider the Typhoon, the sound it gives is totally worth it. Sounds like a softer muscle car at low revs, and its bloody loud near the redline.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2012, 03:43   #578
Senior - BHPian
 
pranavt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,628
Thanked: 270 Times
Default Re: V6 Power - My Accord. EDIT - New Pics Pg. 37!

First job on this will be deleting the cats. That should free up a good amount of power. Perhaps adding a resonator and putting new endcans while I'm at it.

The joke exhaust setups in these new treehugger-friendly Hondas doesn't allow for a lot of improvement on the intake side, or you start getting exhaust contamination due to reversion. Matching the intake volume to the exhaust volume will be tricky. However, a good 3 or 4 angle valve job will free up a very good amount of power without any work done to the intake. Working on the OHC has spoilt me in some ways, the rear bank of cylinders are going to be difficult to work with and taking that head off is going to be tricky for a first timer.

I admit, my decision of going for a V6 was heavily swayed due to me hearing how the car sounded. The difficult thing will be to keep the car tasteful while making the car louder. Running open exhausts would make the car sound absolutely insane, at the cost of me being called a idiot.

Let me get the car first. I have a bunch of ideas in my head; peeking under the hood will make me a little calm allowing me to think properly.

Sorry for cluttering up your thread btw

Last edited by Technocrat : 12th October 2012 at 04:28. Reason: no profanity please, even indirectly, thanks
pranavt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2012, 02:09   #579
Senior - BHPian
 
pranavt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,628
Thanked: 270 Times
Default Re: V6 Power - My Accord. EDIT - New Pics Pg. 37!

Did you check out the area I pointed out in the picture above? Can you report back with your findings or a picture with better lighting?
pranavt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2012, 01:11   #580
Senior - BHPian
 
pranavt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,628
Thanked: 270 Times
Default Re: V6 Power - My Accord. EDIT - New Pics Pg. 37!

Just checked it myself on my own car, took delivery a couple of days ago.

The bars go from each strut tower to the firewall. That's a good thing. A 4 point strut bar can be made, integrating the mounts used for the stock bars. Nice free rigidity upgrade right there.

Seems like my car's suspension bushings are shot. Will be upgraded to PU when the Konis go in. Will make a new thread on it later.
pranavt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2012, 01:26   #581
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,384
Thanked: 5,229 Times
Default Re: V6 Power - My Accord. EDIT - New Pics Pg. 37!

Apologies, I forgot about this completely. Good to know you got the car. How you liking it till now? Ultra racing had a couple of stiffening bars for the Accord which they were selling at a good price, saw an ad on tbhp itself. Might interest you.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2012, 04:06   #582
Senior - BHPian
 
pranavt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,628
Thanked: 270 Times
Default Re: V6 Power - My Accord. EDIT - New Pics Pg. 37!

HATE the autotragic transmission. Describing it further will net me an infraction. The car pulls like a freight train otherwise. Still waiting for my bluetooth adapter to show up, burning audio CDs is a pain.

Talked to Afzal about deleting the cats, he recommended a catback which I'm not interested in. The bulk of the gains are going to come when the cats are deleted. I don't see the point in importing RV6 PCDs, they're being sold for ~350 USD which is way too much. Will see if someone can get proper flanges and piping fabricated. Can't wait for Konis on this car. Feels chuckable for the heft that it has, but still nervous.

Not completely sold on the Ultra Racing parts except for the strut bars. Will read up on them before I decide.
pranavt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2012, 10:58   #583
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,384
Thanked: 5,229 Times
Default Re: V6 Power - My Accord. EDIT - New Pics Pg. 37!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
HATE the autotragic transmission. Describing it further will net me an infraction. The car pulls like a freight train otherwise. Still waiting for my bluetooth adapter to show up, burning audio CDs is a pain.

Talked to Afzal about deleting the cats, he recommended a catback which I'm not interested in. The bulk of the gains are going to come when the cats are deleted. I don't see the point in importing RV6 PCDs, they're being sold for ~350 USD which is way too much. Will see if someone can get proper flanges and piping fabricated. Can't wait for Konis on this car. Feels chuckable for the heft that it has, but still nervous.

Not completely sold on the Ultra Racing parts except for the strut bars. Will read up on them before I decide.
Yup the a/t is pretty bad, luckily on my version its a bit better. I remember reading an autocar issue where the 0-100 time with the newer tranny was up some 1.3 seconds. Either way if you want to drive quick and your inside the city keep it in D3.

RV6 are expensive, but then those are tried and tested, and the finish would be good. Of course if you can get a similar product here made it makes sense. The car pulls respectably well till 170-180 after which it makes progress slowly (relatively).

It feels chuckable I think because this car still has some steering feel unlike the new gens. Gives some confidence since you know what the car is upto.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2012, 23:05   #584
Team-BHP Support
 
Technocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 14,801
Thanked: 2,312 Times
Default Re: V6 Power - My Accord. EDIT - New Pics Pg. 37!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Just checked it myself on my own car, took delivery a couple of days ago.
Congrats, Which Generation, make year?
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2012, 01:51   #585
Senior - BHPian
 
pranavt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,628
Thanked: 270 Times
Default Re: V6 Power - My Accord. EDIT - New Pics Pg. 37!

2006, 7th Gen. White.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Yup the a/t is pretty bad, luckily on my version its a bit better. I remember reading an autocar issue where the 0-100 time with the newer tranny was up some 1.3 seconds. Either way if you want to drive quick and your inside the city keep it in D3.

RV6 are expensive, but then those are tried and tested, and the finish would be good. Of course if you can get a similar product here made it makes sense. The car pulls respectably well till 170-180 after which it makes progress slowly (relatively).

It feels chuckable I think because this car still has some steering feel unlike the new gens. Gives some confidence since you know what the car is upto.
Talked to Afzal. Quoted about 16-18k end-to-end. Catcon deletes, new piping and two endcans. Plus whatever's required to make it silent. Only issue is that I'll be required to drop off the car for two days. Might just get them made by him and install it myself.

I put the car on a lift today. The fronts have those strut bars leading to the firewall and an anti-roll bar. Didn't check the diameter. Rears don't have anything. Might take the front ARB off and put one in the rear to get rid of the understeer. Also noticed that the lower-arm bushings are shot. Those will be replaced next week before any suspension work is done. Rest of the suspension/chassis is good to go. Will see if I can find some polyurethane bushings and engine mounts.

Last edited by pranavt : 23rd October 2012 at 01:58.
pranavt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BMW India stops sale of M Peformance Power Kits *EDIT* Power kits are back! Akshay1234 The Indian Car Scene 48 2nd August 2016 17:52
New Accord or any other equivalent? EDIT : Accord it is! Ramkumar Luxury, Imports & Niche 29 12th October 2009 10:18
New Honda accord power steering pump problem autozoniac Technical Stuff 3 17th March 2009 01:01
2008 Accord Spy Pics - India Pics on Pg-9 vcash The International Automotive Scene 139 26th March 2008 01:25
Honda Accord Coupe Concept (Possible new Accord) amit The International Automotive Scene 3 10th January 2007 10:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:13.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks