Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 20th January 2010, 14:19   #76
Senior - BHPian

Oh man, that gets my nomination for the steal-deal of the year
Congratulations Akshay, the V6 is a mind blowing car and one of my favorites.
Wish you a wonderful ownership experience.
Have loads of fun and drive safe.
Cheers!
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 14:47   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
thanks. any idea where dry denting is done? hey, you might have already seen the car around town, except it dosent have anything to differentiate it from any other v6. but that will change soon.
Unfortunately,
I have hardly seen any black V6 Accords around town, that are the new shape.
Hope to catch it around soon.
Infact, I have only seen your Innova once as well.
Guess I need to get out more often. Lol!
lamborghini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 16:53   #78
BHPian

Whoa !! That's a fantastic ride you got mate at an equally fantastic price. As GTO said it makes a lot of us get tempted and do this for we can't be so lucky .

Drive safe and enjoy your black beauty.
entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 20:07   #79
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Oh man, that gets my nomination for the steal-deal of the year
Congratulations Akshay, the V6 is a mind blowing car and one of my favorites.
Wish you a wonderful ownership experience.
Have loads of fun and drive safe.
Cheers!
thanks alot buddy, but whatever i saved on the cost of the car goes in fuel. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Unfortunately,
I have hardly seen any black V6 Accords around town, that are the new shape.
Hope to catch it around soon.
Infact, I have only seen your Innova once as well.
Guess I need to get out more often. Lol!
haha maybe you should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
Whoa !! That's a fantastic ride you got mate at an equally fantastic price. As GTO said it makes a lot of us get tempted and do this for we can't be so lucky .

Drive safe and enjoy your black beauty.
thanks bro. well your lucky enough will your q7
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 21:08   #80
Team-BHP Support

i got my car back from detailing - all i can say is WOW. for 4.5k, the job done is really very good. the outside looks as good as new, no scratches or swirl marks or anything of that sort. the interior leather which was a bit dirty is now absolutely clean, and it feels much softer to touch. really well done. the engine bay is also now nice and clean and looks good. i asked for them not to put much polish or whatever they use on the dash since i hate shiny dashboards, but it is a bit shiny and i think that will dry up after a few days. the car is actually in perfect condition now except for that little ding over the rear wheel. i will take some pics of the cleaned car and post them tomorrow. till then enjoy this rather bad pic of the engine bay
Attached Thumbnails
V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-img00015201001202026.jpg  

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 20th January 2010 at 21:13.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 21:17   #81
Team-BHP Support

Congrats akshay

You got a fabulous car for a great price.

Keep us posted on the owndership experience
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 21:33   #82
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Akshay!! What a wonderful buy straight from the heart. Holy Cow, 7k kms is like a brand new car. Its worth paying a premium on it just for that.

It looks really good in either Black or WHite. I think, in all other colours it does not look so good. Especially the Gold. Surprisingly, thats the most popular colour, after white, in India im told.

These wheels after the facelift look really good. If you have to change, then do get Black wheels with a Chrome Lip. They look great. A friend of mine has the same car with the wheels i am talking about. Ill see if i can post a pic.

I had the older V-6, a while ago and it was a scorcher to drive. Once on a Mumbai Mahableshwar run it gave me 10.2 but it was not a run with economy in mind. I also feel you should get around 12 on the highway if you can keep your foot of the pedal.

It comes with a decent Ice setup too unless you want to upgrade only the speakers. Touching the head unit will not be such a good idea, as then the steering mounted audio related switches would then be redundant.

Have fun and drive safe, dont go messing around with aftermarket stuff. Keep this the way it is. Its loads of fun just on its own.

Enjoy!
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 21:51   #83
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Congrats akshay

You got a fabulous car for a great price.

Keep us posted on the owndership experience
thank you very much. i will keep you updated on every little detail. ill try and keep the thread interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Congrats Akshay!! What a wonderful buy straight from the heart. Holy Cow, 7k kms is like a brand new car. Its worth paying a premium on it just for that.
completely agree with you. i was sold on it the moment i saw 6.8k on the odo. just had to convince my dad then.

It looks really good in either Black or WHite. I think, in all other colours it does not look so good. Especially the Gold. Surprisingly, thats the most popular colour, after white, in India im told.
i would have preferred white only for the reason that its easier to maintain and it absorbs less heat. but then again black looks better. i think gold was discontinued with the facelift.

These wheels after the facelift look really good. If you have to change, then do get Black wheels with a Chrome Lip. They look great. A friend of mine has the same car with the wheels i am talking about. Ill see if i can post a pic.
it will look good but with black you can barely see the wheel design. if you can post a pic it will be great. im going to the tyre guy tomorrow (pal tyres) and will post pics of the designs i like. please give me your opinion.

I had the older V-6, a while ago and it was a scorcher to drive. Once on a Mumbai Mahableshwar run it gave me 10.2 but it was not a run with economy in mind. I also feel you should get around 12 on the highway if you can keep your foot of the pedal.
mileage is the last thing you think about when your in the driving seat of this car on a long drive. its way too much fun.

It comes with a decent Ice setup too unless you want to upgrade only the speakers. Touching the head unit will not be such a good idea, as then the steering mounted audio related switches would then be redundant.
i find the stock ice pretty useless. im not going to touch the head unit but i will add an eq or a processor so everything will look and work like stock but sound better. i will get my ice done after a few months.

Have fun and drive safe, dont go messing around with aftermarket stuff. Keep this the way it is. Its loads of fun just on its own.
i have a few things in mind but nothing very drastic.

Enjoy!
thank you sir. really appreciate the advice. my replies in bold.
Old 20th January 2010, 21:55   #84
BHPian

The Best Ever Accord in India According to me
Congratulations
MonkeyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 01:05   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Did your car come with MP3 disc support or an AUX in?
sids911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 01:08   #86
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyMan View Post
The Best Ever Accord in India According to me
Congratulations
thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
Did your car come with MP3 disc support or an AUX in?
none of the 7th generation accords had mp3 support or aux in. only a 6cd changer which plays normal audio cds.
Old 21st January 2010, 09:34   #87
BHPian

Hey Akshay,
The engine bay looks super clean - great work by the car detailing guys!
Where did you get the work done?
post the name/contact details for this car detailing person and also may I use your reference if I want to contact them

Thanks!
Cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 10:05   #88
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Hey Akshay,
The engine bay looks super clean - great work by the car detailing guys!
Where did you get the work done?
post the name/contact details for this car detailing person and also may I use your reference if I want to contact them

Thanks!
hey, i dont know the name of this place but its in nana chowk, near kennedy bridge. i went there a day earlier with my driver and saw mercs being done so figured why not give it a shot. contact vinod - 9867799225. yeah you can give him my reference, he probably wont remember by name but you can say akshay with the black accord.
Old 21st January 2010, 10:39   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
hey, i dont know the name of this place but its in nana chowk, near kennedy bridge. i went there a day earlier with my driver and saw mercs being done so figured why not give it a shot. contact vinod - 9867799225. yeah you can give him my reference, he probably wont remember by name but you can say akshay with the black accord.
Thanks mate!
I shall check it out - my City needs some tender loving care
Cheers.
Cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 18:46   #90
Team-BHP Support

Here are 2 quick pics I could manage today. You'll be able to notice the difference the detailing work has done. the little marks on the hood are cat foot prints, a cat decided to have a walk on my car while it was parked. lol. Could not manage to go and see the rims today so I am going tomorrow morning.
Attached Thumbnails
V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-img00016201001211757.jpg  

V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!-img00017201001211758.jpg  

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 21st January 2010 at 18:49.