Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2010, 21:17   #31
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 100
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Super. Wish something like this is also provided in Bangalore . No monsoon washes for Ford Cars in Bangalore
Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2010, 23:53   #32
Senior - BHPian
 
Fordmanchau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,651
Thanked: 291 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy View Post
Super. Wish something like this is also provided in Bangalore . No monsoon washes for Ford Cars in Bangalore
Ohh!! I am so glad that Fortune Ford organised this monsoon camp, and that I went and got the wiper blades changed. It was raining cats and dogs in the evening today such that the visibility had almost become nill. Had to put on the heater to demist the front windscreen and thanks to the new wiper, the road ahead was always visible.
Fordmanchau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2010, 08:00   #33
Distinguished - BHPian
 
condor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Posts: 10,737
Thanked: 4,315 Times
Default

@Fordmanchau, you dont use the heater to de-mist the front windscreen - pls use the a/c, with the cool air directed completely towards the windshield.
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2010, 16:43   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
Fordmanchau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,651
Thanked: 291 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Fordmanchau, you dont use the heater to de-mist the front windscreen - pls use the a/c, with the cool air directed completely towards the windshield.
Condor, I turned the temperature knob midway between the coolest and hottest setting, so the air was normal, neither cold nor hot.
Didn't know that it has to be cold air!!I was always under the impression that you use hot air to demist the windscreen, probably I have read it somewhere, not too sure, but will try finding it out.
Fordmanchau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2010, 18:10   #35
Distinguished - BHPian
 
condor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Posts: 10,737
Thanked: 4,315 Times
Default

@FM, the misting happens because of temp difference inside & outside. So the fastest way to resolve the misting is to have cool air against the windshielf from inside also. (remember - the outside air is cooler because of the rain).
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2010, 17:16   #36
BHPian
 
Damu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 218
Thanked: 60 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
All in all, the time was well spent.
...I tipped them 100 bucks.
So for 284 buck, I got the wiper blades replaced, washer fluid refilled, car washed and wiped.
Sweet deal, good that your dealer is looking after his customers well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
I was happy.
Yep, I can imagine. And I can bet those guys were happy with the tip too!

BTW are you putting up a travelogue for the Rajamundhry trip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy View Post
Super. Wish something like this is also provided in Bangalore .
Fordy,

But..every time I get my car washed specially, it rains like hell!

Cheers!
Damu
Damu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2010, 17:40   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Lucky guy, you got a monsoon check up/wash etc!
I havent seen anywhere else ford dealers offering such Monsoon check up for their vehicles?
Do Ford thinking that other part of India, there is no Monsoon (eventhough it is raining heavily here in kerala)?
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2010, 17:53   #38
Distinguished - BHPian
 
dhanushs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bathery/BLR
Posts: 3,446
Thanked: 4,054 Times
Default

Hey, can you post some pics of the interiors and of the instrument console??.. I own a 2007 model and heard that 08' & 09' models have refurbished console??.. I'v not got a chance to see it though!!.. Could you please post some pics??..

If it looks good, I might wanna change it, because I'm really bored with mine!!...
dhanushs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 12:04   #39
Senior - BHPian
 
Fordmanchau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,651
Thanked: 291 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@FM, the misting happens because of temp difference inside & outside. So the fastest way to resolve the misting is to have cool air against the windshielf from inside also. (remember - the outside air is cooler because of the rain).
Thank you Condor!! Now I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damu View Post
Sweet deal, good that your dealer is looking after his customers well.
Yep, indeed a sweet deal. Infact they even gave a lucky draw coupon to fill. Lets see if I get anything at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damu View Post
BTW are you putting up a travelogue for the Rajamundhry trip?
hmm!! not very sure, was thinking of putting it up, but don't have much to write about.But do have some 100 snaps to share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Lucky guy, you got a monsoon check up/wash etc!
I havent seen anywhere else ford dealers offering such Monsoon check up for their vehicles?
Yup, I would consider myself lucky. Have not heard from any Ford owners about such a monsoon camp.That was nice of the dealer to conduct such camp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Hey, can you post some pics of the interiors and of the instrument console??.. I own a 2007 model and heard that 08' & 09' models have refurbished console??.. I'v not got a chance to see it though!!.. Could you please post some pics??..

If it looks good, I might wanna change it, because I'm really bored with mine!!...
Dhanush, will post the pic tonight, but I don't think there will be any difference.
BTW, just to confirm, I saw your car's pic on TBHP classifieds. Is it the same car, because photos were same?
Fordmanchau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 13:21   #40
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 204
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Lucky guy, you got a monsoon check up/wash etc!
I havent seen anywhere else ford dealers offering such Monsoon check up for their vehicles?
Do Ford thinking that other part of India, there is no Monsoon (eventhough it is raining heavily here in kerala)?
My dealer in Kolkata had already arranged 2 monsoon/pre-monsoon checkup/free cleaning camps this year. In fact, their representative really pestered them to come and get the car checked. But as I did my 2nd servicing few days back, I did not bother to go.

Personally for me, it's a very very positive dealer experience till date. Apart from these camps, they have periodically called me up to inquire if the car is doing fine and always insisted to bring the car over for even a very minor problem.

I assume these are the benefits we are reaping from Figo launch. Am I am happy
mayukh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 14:05   #41
Distinguished - BHPian
 
dhanushs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bathery/BLR
Posts: 3,446
Thanked: 4,054 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Thank you Condor!! Now I know.



Dhanush, will post the pic tonight, but I don't think there will be any difference.
BTW, just to confirm, I saw your car's pic on TBHP classifieds. Is it the same car, because photos were same?
Yes, that is the same car. I was and actually am planning to swap my car for something better, maybe a Honda or a fiesta 'S'. Its just that I'm not too keen on selling it, IF I get a good offer then its OK, but if not I'm not selling it. As of now it serves me really well with no complaints whatsoever.

Note - I do have an eye for Fiesta 1.6 'S' or a clean VTec(preferably 2003). Please let me know if you find any good offers.
dhanushs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 14:15   #42
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
My dealer in Kolkata had already arranged 2 monsoon/pre-monsoon checkup/free cleaning camps this year. In fact, their representative really pestered them to come and get the car checked. But as I did my 2nd servicing few days back, I did not bother to go.

Personally for me, it's a very very positive dealer experience till date. Apart from these camps, they have periodically called me up to inquire if the car is doing fine and always insisted to bring the car over for even a very minor problem.

I assume these are the benefits we are reaping from Figo launch. Am I am happy
+
You should have been double happygetting such good treat from your Ford Dealer.
I am doubtful, if such offer is there in Bangalore, chennai or kerala?
Bad Luck, I feel.
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 22:18   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
Fordmanchau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,651
Thanked: 291 Times
Default Some pics from recent Annavaram Drive!!

Instrument cluster(taken at night with flash on)
This Ford is my IKON - 80,000 kms and going strong-img_2863.jpg

without flash
This Ford is my IKON - 80,000 kms and going strong-img_2864.jpg

At Palair Lake(on way to Rajamundhry)
This Ford is my IKON - 80,000 kms and going strong-img_2927.jpg

On way to Annavaram from Rajamundhry, Weather was so good, couldn't help stopping and clicking some snaps.
This Ford is my IKON - 80,000 kms and going strong-img_2981.jpg

This Ford is my IKON - 80,000 kms and going strong-img_2987.jpg

Name:  IMG_2988.JPG
Views: 1302
Size:  53.4 KB

This Ford is my IKON - 80,000 kms and going strong-img_2994.jpg

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 5th July 2010 at 22:27.
Fordmanchau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 23:34   #44
Distinguished - BHPian
 
dhanushs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bathery/BLR
Posts: 3,446
Thanked: 4,054 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Instrument cluster(taken at night with flash on)
Attachment 381774

without flash
Attachment 381775

At Palair Lake(on way to Rajamundhry)
Attachment 381776

On way to Annavaram from Rajamundhry, Weather was so good, couldn't help stopping and clicking some snaps.
Attachment 381777

Attachment 381778

Attachment 381786

Attachment 381780

Thanks a lot Fordmanchau for the pics. Your ride looks great. Are you planning to go for some performance mod's??.. If so do keep this thread updated.

Regarding the console, it IS different from mine. Mine doesn't have that "white" theme in the console. Its an all black one. And one major difference is that my 'odo' has clocked 85k in place of your 8k.
dhanushs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 23:56   #45
Senior - BHPian
 
1100D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 4,179
Thanked: 2,358 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Regarding the console, it IS different from mine. Mine doesn't have that "white" theme in the console. Its an all black one.
Mine has only White. Black in the center looks good.

This Ford is my IKON - 80,000 kms and going strong-img_1306.jpg
1100D is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Obelix, the Invincible Toyota Fortuner! 1,67,000 km and going strong! Manuuj Long-Term Ownership Reviews 481 28th April 2017 11:47
Toyota Qualis FS-B5 - 8 Years / 55,000 kms and still going strong. v12 Long-Term Ownership Reviews 10 2nd August 2016 19:32
Optra 1.8 105000 kms and still going strong benzbala Long-Term Ownership Reviews 12 21st February 2014 10:49
Ford Escort 1.8D 1.7L kms and still going strong stable rock Long-Term Ownership Reviews 34 17th May 2013 04:19


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:37.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks