Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2010, 01:27   #46
Distinguished - BHPian
 
dhanushs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bathery/BLR
Posts: 3,446
Thanked: 4,057 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Mine has only White. Black in the center looks good.

Attachment 381899

Yes, the black in the center looks good. And 1100D; I just saw in your gallery that you have installed a K&N. How much did it cost, and is there any marked improvement in performance and fuel efficiency?.
dhanushs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 12:26   #47
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 8,025
Thanked: 3,483 Times
Default

Fordmanchau, i noticed you have the reverse sensors installed on your car. How much did they cost, and are they only an audio supplement, or does it show the distance in visuals?
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 23:50   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
Fordmanchau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,651
Thanked: 291 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Your ride looks great. Are you planning to go for some performance mod's??.. If so do keep this thread updated.

Regarding the console, it is different from mine. Mine doesn't have that "white" theme in the console. Its an all black one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Mine has only White. Black in the center looks good.
Thanks Dhanush!!
Looks like instrument cluster in my car combined the best of all the versions
@1100D, yours is a 1.6nxt as far as I know, so the instrument may be different for different versions, or Ford has improved it over time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Fordmanchau, i noticed you have the reverse sensors installed on your car. How much did they cost, and are they only an audio supplement, or does it show the distance in visuals?
Ya Ben, thats the reverse sensor installed. I got it as part of the complete deal, but will cost a maximum of Rs. 3500/- or even less.It only gives a audio warning, no visuals. But it's quite handy, gives a continuous loud beep when there is a obstacle behind.
Fordmanchau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 08:28   #49
BHPian
 
Damu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 218
Thanked: 60 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
At Palair Lake(on way to Rajamundhry)
Wow, she looks great! Even today the Ikon is one of the best looking cars, and I don't mind if anyone disagrees, I stick to my opinion!

On the highway, an Ikon approaching you from a distance is a terrific sight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
On way to Annavaram from Rajamundhry, Weather was so good, couldn't help stopping and clicking some snaps.
Beautiful pics. This time you've done justice to her! Why is the colour appearing different in the two pics?

Regards
Damu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2010, 15:49   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
Fordmanchau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,651
Thanked: 291 Times
Default Now at 10,200kms

Guys,
My car has crossed 10k Kms on 18th june 2010, while returning back from Nagarjuna Sagar.Don't have the photos of the milestone, it was clicked by my friend from his digicam and I am still awaiting those photos. The odo is now at 10,210kms . Have booked for servicing on thursday, 5th August, 2010, and then again , most probably we are off to Ooty(boss willing) .
Uptil now, no issues with the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damu View Post
Beautiful pics. This time you've done justice to her! Why is the colour appearing different in the two pics?
Thanks Damu for the appreciation, I was myself amazed to see this pics. I love these pics of my car.

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 2nd August 2010 at 15:52.
Fordmanchau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 23:07   #51
Senior - BHPian
 
Fordmanchau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,651
Thanked: 291 Times
Thumbs up

Left for Ooty as planned on 7th August early morning from hyderabad and returned back on 14th august evening. The car did a total of 1980kms on the trip point to point with no hassles. We were four people and a boot full of luggage. We took the 36 hairpin bends to Ooty both ways.
The odo is now at 12310 kms. No issues with the car till now, touch wood, but it did scrape the humps at Gooty, blr and mysore.Have been thinking of getting the underneath checked.
Posting here a photo of the car at near Lamb's rock view point in Coonor.
This Ford is my IKON - 80,000 kms and going strong-img_1404.jpg
The best average we got on the trip was 16.59kmpl.

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 18th August 2010 at 23:08.
Fordmanchau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2010, 08:08   #52
BHPian
 
Damu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 218
Thanked: 60 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Left for Ooty as planned on 7th August early morning from hyderabad and returned back on 14th august evening. ...
but it did scrape the humps at Gooty, ..
Posting here a photo of the car at near Lamb's rock view point in Coonor.
Hi FM,

Nearly 2000 kms is a very good run. Great pic! Looks damn good from that angle with the fogs lit.

Can you put a brief update on the road conditions Hyderabad - Bangalore? Planning a trip myself in a couple of months.

Will you be putting up a T/L?
Damu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2010, 10:19   #53
Senior - BHPian
 
Fordmanchau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,651
Thanked: 291 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damu View Post
Hi FM,
Can you put a brief update on the road conditions Hyderabad - Bangalore? Planning a trip myself in a couple of months.

Will you be putting up a T/L?
Hi Damu, thanks for the appreciation.
hyderabad-Blr roads are awesome, you dont need to worry about the raod conditions. Only thing you must be watchful of is diversions through the unfinished section, and that is very less might be just 10. Also be careful of the traffic coming on the wrong side. Road is absolutely marvellous. for more details refer this thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...onditions.html

Have more than 1500 photos, am trying to rationalize it. Will post a TL but am not sure when, will try to start as early as possible.
Fordmanchau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 12:20   #54
Senior - BHPian
 
Fordmanchau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,651
Thanked: 291 Times
Angry Biker swiped the car

Yesterday while going back home from office, a stupid biker with headphones plugged in his ear swiped my car's front bumper from the left. He was cutting a car in front from right and I was at right to the car in front. Happened just little ahead of the signal in front of Balaji Grand Baazar at Road no :1,Banjara Hills.

The traffic was very heavy and thankfully speeds were low. Otherwise it could have been a major damage. The biker just stopped and then raced ahead to hide between the traffic at the signal.
Thankfully it's just a scratch on the bumper with some chipped paints. Hopefully the scars will lessen with time.

The odo stands at 12610 kms as of now.
Fordmanchau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 13:37   #55
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 8,025
Thanked: 3,483 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Thankfully it's just a scratch on the bumper with some chipped paints. Hopefully the scars will lessen with time.
Same happened to my car as well. i stopped and scolded the moron, who was obviously a software dude. Whether any sense got drilled into him, i dont know.

Left behind a long scratch on the left side of the front bumper.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2010, 19:14   #56
Senior - BHPian
 
Fordmanchau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,651
Thanked: 291 Times
Default Best City Average

Got my best city fuel efficiency this time.
It came after 2 stints to airport, some driving on ORR and a little on NH7 towards Nagpur (till Dhola-ri-Dhani).
Drove sedately at 5th gear between 60-80kmph.
Filled up 25 litres with 310 kms on the tripmeter.
Therefore the mileage works out to be healthy 12.4 kmpl.

The odo stands at 12861 kms.
Fordmanchau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2010, 19:26   #57
Senior - BHPian
 
sammyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Gurgaon/Doon
Posts: 1,738
Thanked: 338 Times
Default

Hey Manish, nice to see you enjoying your Ford. Sad to hear about the scratch, there is nothing one can do with the kind of traffic and morons around.

I had driven down to Hyd over one of the weekends and I can safely say the traffic there is real scary. I have started appreciating Bangalore traffic thanks to 2 days of driving there
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2010, 19:46   #58
Senior - BHPian
 
Fordmanchau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,651
Thanked: 291 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Hey Manish, nice to see you enjoying your Ford. Sad to hear about the scratch, there is nothing one can do with the kind of traffic and morons around.
I had driven down to Hyd over one of the weekends and I can safely say the traffic there is real scary. I have started appreciating Bangalore traffic thanks to 2 days of driving there
Hey Samarth,thanks!! how are you man!! long time!!
BTW, while I appreciate that people in Blr have got a little better sense of driving than people here, but trust me, if you ever get sick and frustrated of such morons on road, you'll have hard time getting out of the city while I can simply get on the PVNR expressway and out on the highway .
Trust me last month while I was on trip to Ooty, it took a lot more time for me to get out of the city.Infact, the time i took to reach blr after I exited the NICE road was just a little more than the time I took to get on the NICE road after entering the city. Phew!!!! hehe!!
How is your car doing Sam?
Fordmanchau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2010, 14:40   #59
Senior - BHPian
 
sammyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Gurgaon/Doon
Posts: 1,738
Thanked: 338 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Hey Samarth,thanks!! how are you man!! long time!!
BTW, while I appreciate that people in Blr have got a little better sense of driving than people here, but trust me, if you ever get sick and frustrated of such morons on road, you'll have hard time getting out of the city while I can simply get on the PVNR expressway and out on the highway .
Trust me last month while I was on trip to Ooty, it took a lot more time for me to get out of the city.Infact, the time i took to reach blr after I exited the NICE road was just a little more than the time I took to get on the NICE road after entering the city. Phew!!!! hehe!!
How is your car doing Sam?
Hey Manish, yeah man thats true. The roads there are far better, no doubts about it. I guess it was more scary for me as it was the first time there and it was raining continuously throughout the time I was there, but the Garmin on Satnav made life very easy. The poor thing gets completely lost on the new highway though.

I also used the PVNR eway and it really does a great job of helping one avoid the traffic in the city.

I completely agree about getting out of Bangalore, it takes as long as the drive to Mysore if not more

The car is doing well, ran out of coolant once though but caught it thanks to a wierd smell . Other than that its all good. Am very happy I picked up the Ikon.
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2010, 22:57   #60
Senior - BHPian
 
Fordmanchau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,651
Thanked: 291 Times
Default Wheel Alignment and Balancing update

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
..the Garmin on Satnav made life very easy. The poor thing gets completely lost on the new highway though.
Nothing beats stopping and asking people for direction. I am all for GPS but will not take it as a standalone unit. Planning to get a phone with the GPS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
I also used the PVNR eway and it really does a great job of helping one avoid the traffic in the city.
I stay very close to the PVNR Eway(city side), do give a call next time you are here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
The car is doing well, ran out of coolant once though but caught it thanks to a wierd smell . Other than that its all good. Am very happy I picked up the Ikon.
Just read in Benny's thread that you have done 50k in 5 years. Hope I cant beat you , started taking your MENACE around more, is it ?


Meanwhile today also got the wheel Alignment and balancing done. This place is close to my office and opposite to Hyderabad central mall. I would rate them as good. They have good facility and go through their work professionally. The whole thing was over in little more than half an hour.
The steering feels tighter now. Alignment was little off it seems.
Attaching the bills and the datasheet on Alignment.
Name:  IMG_3498.JPG
Views: 791
Size:  57.4 KB

Name:  IMG_3499.JPG
Views: 813
Size:  41.1 KB

Name:  IMG_3500.JPG
Views: 795
Size:  55.8 KB

Total cost was Rs. 540/- and 20 bucks as tip.
Also got the 4 tyres rotated.

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 15th September 2010 at 23:04.
Fordmanchau is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Obelix, the Invincible Toyota Fortuner! 1,67,000 km and going strong! Manuuj Long-Term Ownership Reviews 481 28th April 2017 11:47
Toyota Qualis FS-B5 - 8 Years / 55,000 kms and still going strong. v12 Long-Term Ownership Reviews 10 2nd August 2016 19:32
Optra 1.8 105000 kms and still going strong benzbala Long-Term Ownership Reviews 12 21st February 2014 10:49
Ford Escort 1.8D 1.7L kms and still going strong stable rock Long-Term Ownership Reviews 34 17th May 2013 04:19


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:00.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks