Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 23rd December 2014, 17:40   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Premier Padmini - My love, My pride, my passion

hello friends,

im reviving this thread after 4 years and yeah, that's looong!

I just got my car back from the workshop and the work was done in a span of 4.5 years due to lots of issues. The first mechanic we gave the car to was in ill health for a few months and when he recovered and started off the work, he met with an accident and since then he can't move his Right Hand and leg. Later we moved the car to another workshop in Attingal 7 months back and it's over there that the rest of the work was carried on.

The car looks ok and the painting is fine, though not great. There are a few imperfections here and there, esp due to the extremely long period the car was lying idle in the garage. Mechanically, the car is not so drivable now with a spring like clutch absolutely nil brakes and the silencer is damn loud and there's a lot of stiffness to the entire car and all this is saddening. I'll be showing the car to a mechanic today evening to know the status and the works required. For the time being, i'm attaching the pics of my Premier Padmini. Driving it around the colony for the first time post the License age, I can't compare the driving experience of this versus the new gen cars. Haha. It's poles apart. There's a raw machine like feel in this car with full of life! Please pray that the car gets back in top shape. Also, I'l need some guidance regarding procurement of the parts.

Premier Padmini - My love, My pride, my passion-img_20141220_240751877.jpg
Premier Padmini - My love, My pride, my passion-img_20141220_240804175.jpg
Premier Padmini - My love, My pride, my passion-img_20141220_240817528.jpg
Premier Padmini - My love, My pride, my passion-img_20141220_240838868.jpg

Cheers!
freakmuzik is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2017, 07:12   #32
BHPian

Hope your car is still with you, Freakmuzik.
I came across this thread while looking for Padmini ownership reports.
How have you tackled the problems that you mentioned in your last post? Thanks.
Nissan1180 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2017, 08:00   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
Hope your car is still with you, Thanks.
Traced freakmusik's post in 2016 in another thread and sad to know that your car is inside a locked and abandoned auto workshop.
Try to get the beautiful car out with the help of Police if required. Don't allow the car to rust out in there.

refer the following link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ni-ertiga.html (A HOT summer drive with a Padmini & Ertiga!)

Last edited by rajeev k : 20th January 2017 at 08:04.
rajeev k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2017, 02:24   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
Hope your car is still with you, Freakmuzik.
I came across this thread while looking for Padmini ownership reports.
How have you tackled the problems that you mentioned in your last post? Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Traced freakmusik's post in 2016 in another thread and sad to know that your car is inside a locked and abandoned auto workshop.
Try to get the beautiful car out with the help of Police if required. Don't allow the car to rust out in there.

refer the following link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ni-ertiga.html (A HOT summer drive with a Padmini & Ertiga!)
Hi! Thanks for sharing the info rajeev. Sadly, the situation isn't any better. We finally found the owner of the shop and he came home in a devastated state. He's stuck in some deep financial trouble including some legal issues related to the land the workshop is in. Sadly, we have no real means to get the car out in such a condition, nor a space to keep it (we live in a rented house). A completely sad situation. I do not know how things are going to turn out in the future. I'm still hoping for some miracle to happen
freakmuzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2017, 15:51   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
Hi! Thanks for sharing the info rajeev. Sadly, the situation isn't any better. We finally found the owner of the shop and he came home in a devastated state. He's stuck in some deep financial trouble including some legal issues related to the land the workshop is in. Sadly, we have no real means to get the car out in such a condition, nor a space to keep it (we live in a rented house). A completely sad situation. I do not know how things are going to turn out in the future. I'm still hoping for some miracle to happen
Since you are in Trivandrum, kindly contact the owner of an old time auto garage at Pottakuzhy junction, Kailas Automobiles owned by Mr Parameswaran. He may be of some help to move the car and for making it back to breathing. Try it.

Last edited by rajeev k : 6th April 2017 at 15:53.
rajeev k is offline   Reply With Quote